Great Langdale Marathon 2012

41 to 45 of 45 messages
24/09/2012 at 13:16

results are up here http://www.ukresults.net/2012/langmara.html 

I had a good first half, 1.31 and feeling fresh, though my hip had started niggling at 8 miles in (I have arthritis) I was hoping it would be ok, though I did a half at the beginning of August where the last 3 miles were agony. Anyway by mile 18 on Saturday hip was killing me and by this time I lost 4th place and by 23 miles I'd gone down to 7th though managed to drag a place back finishing 6th. So quite happy with placing but gutted that my hip flared up. Still really enjoyed it though, T-shirt is ace also like the paper weight type shoey thing.

25/09/2012 at 21:13

It was a really great day, I went off a bit fast but still got round a minute faster than year so pretty pleased overall and first marathon back after injury.

Interesting results, seems us ladies were thin on the ground, only 31 out of 173 finishers!

27/09/2012 at 14:37

I was the last lady in, but I am still pretty pleased given it was my first ever marathon, why start with an easy one....My end face-------- !
One chap came running out of the three shires as we went past after having a half a guiness, brave man! The weather was picture perfect though and the scenary was lovely, I'm not sure I'd do it again though, the cars drove me nuts on the way round, one guy forced the ambulance to reverse at Little Langdale!

29/09/2012 at 21:54

well done go faster, it was my first too. not many ladies i thought. I have just entered Brathay Windemere Marathon. Excited would be an understatement. Well done everyone who finished the Langdale beast. 

05/10/2012 at 17:02

No, mind you I didn't see many people on the second lap, it sure was a lonely lap! But it was indeed a beast, lovely weather for it though. Good look for Windermere 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 45 of 45 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.