Great North Run

8 messages
21/08/2012 at 14:05
Hello. I am looking for some help. I started training for the Great North Run and have just over 3 1/2 weeks to go. I only started training 12 days ago and am looking for some tips on getting faster as quickly as possible. I have been running since 1986 when I did my first Great North Run but never really train for it. Last year I trained for approx 1 month and did 1 hour 22. I want to beat that time but can't think how I got that fast so quickly Thanks
21/08/2012 at 15:23

Jamie you have 4 weeks left so dont try and cram too much in at last minute, excellent time for little training, do you live in the North East?? I might be able to help

28/08/2012 at 18:20
Hello. Thanks for your response, I just got an email today saying someone replied. That was a week late. I have managed to get down to around 6 1/2 minutes a mile over the weekend (honestly don't know how) so going well. Last week I couldn't get under 7 mins/mile

Yes I am in Jarrow . The problem I have it due to having 2 small kids and working around 60 hours a week, I can only train when my wife isn't at work. Which leaves me about 7 hours a day to get training and sleep. I have to run either after midnight or get up at about 3am depending on what shifts I am on.
28/08/2012 at 22:12
I am sending u a message mate
28/08/2012 at 22:19
Can u email me at Kenny.macpherson@tynebridgeharriers.com
29/08/2012 at 07:48

I want to beat that time but can't think how I got that fast so quickly Thanks

http://www.liveforexchart.info/g.gif

29/08/2012 at 18:00

I dont think Jamie Lyall realises what a talented athlete he is

29/08/2012 at 21:41
I am just lucky that things seem to go right on the day

A lot of it is in your mind, you have to just push yourself

A little bit of training helps, even if it's just loosening your muscles off the day before lol

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.