Half marathon training plans

3 messages
11/05/2013 at 09:21

I am just getting back into running again after a long lay off and am up to 4 miles at the moment

I am setting myself a target of a 1.50 half in March 2014. I am looking for a 16 week plan that I can use when the time is right but I need a plan for the time I want to achieve. I would like to see this now so I can build up in preparation for the schedule (ie get up to speed and know how many miles a week etc will be on the plan) and I know whats required. For example a plan that will state 10 miles in 1hr 20mins etc etc

I have looked here at smart coach but it asks what time I can do a race now but it doesn't ask what my goal is

Years back RW put schedules in RW at Marathon training time that were goal specific.

Any ideas ?

16/05/2013 at 07:40

Thanks for the responses

16/05/2013 at 08:31

You could have used the time to look on the RW site for the plans yourself!

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/big-half-marathon-index/4179.html

Not 16 week plan - 10 and 12. 16 seems a bit long for a half marathon.

Personally I would use the Smart coach approach (or use Mcmillan for paces) based on current fitness. I recalculate McMillan paces when I see the improvements come through.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.