Half marathon training programme queries

2 messages
01/08/2012 at 23:21

OK.  So I've signed up for the Tissington half marathon in October and I'm following the RW 12-week sub-2:15 Half-Marathon schedule.

Where it gives me a pace, is that pace the threshold/speed interval pace or the average pace for the session?

Also,

I assume that the programme works if you train and race over the same terraine?  I tend to race on flattish hard surfaces- (my 10k was a road race and obviously the Tissington run is downhill on a disused railway line).  However, I live in the hills and therefore train off-road through the woods with lots of steeps.  I'm mostly running a minute slower than the suggested target pace in the programme. 

Is there any kind of conversion factor for running on and off road?  If I'm running and averaging10:57 min/mi rather than just under 10mi/mi, does it really matter?  Will I make this time back up if I'm not hurdling maize, tripping over tree roots and climbing mountains (OK, so it was only a litle over 400ft in 4 miles today).

I know that when I run on roads I generally get a new pb, be it 1k, 1 mile, 5k or cooper distance so the off road training is clearly having some benefit.  I just have no idea whether I'm anywhere cklose to where I should be in terms of fitness and speed.

Any advice?

09/01/2013 at 08:58

Many of the people are discussing the facts that are neede for the practice and there are lot of things that should be well planned before participation in the events like tthis.

Regards,,

Lila Centre

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.