Heart Rate Query

4 messages
04/07/2009 at 22:09

I have a pretty low heart rate, around 55 BPM.

However, after say a half hour of fairly intensive exercise, although my heart rate drops quickly from say 160 BPM back down to under 100 BPM, say within a matter of 2-3 mins, it takes almost 2 hours for it to return back to 60 or below... say between 15 -120 mins after, its still elevated to around 70-75 BPM...

Is this normal? It seems strange...

05/07/2009 at 11:04

Perfectly normal Bob.

You'll typically register your lowest resting heart rate when you first wake in the morning - provided it's a 'gentle' awakening.

08/07/2009 at 13:26

Bob,

How old are you?

If I've done a long run (16-18miles) my heart rate is affected all day. It stays a little higher than normal and rises quickly if I have to do anything strenuous.

I'm no expert but I think that this is quite normal.

08/07/2009 at 17:01

hey, thanks for the responses, you've put my mind at ease

I'm 26, and I'd say I am reasonably fit for my age, tho am improving all the time since giving up my vices...

U run 18 miles jon?? thats hardcore

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.