help with 1/2 marathon schedule

6 messages
27/02/2003 at 17:03
Hi,
I would like to start training for 1/2M this year. I have seen the RW schedules and like them but I can only run 4 times a week. Can someone help me to build a schedule? How long should my LSR be? How much mileage should I do in these 4 days? Should I do intervals? I run about 22M a week. Thank you very much
27/02/2003 at 17:09
http://www.timeoutdoors.com/run/training/trainingPlan-HMarathon.htm

You can enter your target time and days per week to this, and you get a 12 week program with hints and tips on it too.
27/02/2003 at 17:42
Fear not, Awww Spud; I'm training for London on 4 runs a week. The key is to run a decent long run, and then make sure your other sessions are quality ones. Much depends on what you want to get out of the 1/2M. Speed will help you to run faster, and a bit of hill work would not go amiss if you think you may have to run up and down a bit. You should be fine!
27/02/2003 at 18:28
Hi spud.

Which half you got in mind?

You shouldnt have too much trouble fitting a schedule into 4 days BTW.
27/02/2003 at 18:56
Hi
I am certainly no expert on this, but I have been using a 10 week 1/2 M training schedule off RW site, which is just 4 sessions a week and builds to little more than you're doing already. I have reached 12 miles as the long run OK on it and will be running Silverstone 1/2 this Sunday, so I suppose that will be the real test!
27/02/2003 at 19:16
Thank you very much guys.
Hi Chimp. I haven't chosen any yet.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.