help with training plan

4 messages
05/04/2008 at 07:39

I really need some help. every training plan i find for a half marathon seems to involve 4 runs a week, i go to the gym 3 times a week and was gonna go gym run gym run gym run rest day, will this be enough running or should i do some running on treadmill at the gym. also I should point out its quite hardcore at the gym i spend an hour and 20 mins on cross trainer and do weights so would three runs a week be enough with what else i do or should i encorportate a treadmill session as well?

please help!

xxxx

05/04/2008 at 08:35

Hi Charlie

It's perfectly possible to do a half on 3 runs a week.  I've done a marathon on it!  You'll need to find a training plan and tweak it to suit your lifestyle.

Your gym work sounds quite vigorous so while you're focussed on the half marathon you might want to take it a bit easier.  But it's good cross-training and works different muscles from running so don't drop it completely. 

05/04/2008 at 12:46
cool thank you for the advice, i was just a bit concerned as every plan i find is based around 4 runs a week but i guess if i do the 2 in the week and then the longer one on the saturday and rest on sunday that should be ok!
05/04/2008 at 16:50

That sounds like a good plan.  Make sure all three runs are good quality so I'd be planning one hill or speed session, one fast session and one long run. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.