HELP!!!

5 messages
31/12/2002 at 21:41
I have been jogging/running for about 4 weeks now and I will be doing a 10k in April. I can easily manage around 20mins jogging without getting breathless and tired.
Could someone please suggest a suitable schedule to get me up to around a 50min 10k time within 16 weeks. Thankyou :-)
31/12/2002 at 22:40
Hello Youre back
Dont mind the darkside, really
10k will be fine
Lots of schedules on this website, but dont worry about time for your first, just enjoy the race
02/01/2003 at 14:35
Agree with hippo, there are lots of schedules on this site or do a search using google. Good luck in your first race!
02/01/2003 at 20:03
I'm no expert (been running about 4 months) but before my first 10K last November (50:40), I was running about 3-4 times a week at 3 or 4 mile distances at various paces, then built up to a 6 mile (or 10K in new money!) once every 10 days or so. So it seemed to work OK for me, but everyones different!
02/01/2003 at 20:15
I agree with Hippo too. I used a RW schedule when I first started and it worked fine. Just enjoy your running and lap up the atmosphere of your first 10k race. They're great fun. Enjoy it and best of luck.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.