Hill Training

7 messages
30/06/2013 at 09:53

Hi,

I want to include hill repeats into my training plan but don't want to travel miles (ie neighbouring Wales) to get to them - does anybody know of any steep hills / steps close to Chester - quite new to the area

Thanks

30/06/2013 at 10:11

Frodsham on sandstone trail. 

cougie    pirate
30/06/2013 at 10:19
Or 15 mins train to delamere forest and you can run up and down old pale hill to your hearts content.
Or bike path through chrster zoo.
30/06/2013 at 12:35

A hill in the zoo?

30/06/2013 at 12:55

There are several options, depends where you are.

Steps- you can climb up any number of steps getting on and off the city walls.  If you go to the river at the groves, you can run up the wishing steps and around the waloff to the next set at the water tower, and back.

any route up from the river to the city centre will give you a good climb.

if you are near blacon there is Clifton Drive (locally known as Gorse Hill) but its a bit dodgy there.

city centre is St Marys hill near Handbridge, short but steep.

or you could do a circuit around the city taking in Canal St, Walpole st, Chichester street, Abbots Park. Liverpool road. 

pm me if you want a few routes, I can't post the garmin traces from here.

30/06/2013 at 13:21

Coming up sandy lane in Boughton too

30/06/2013 at 17:29

Thanks for all of your ideas - Mr Puffy I'll work my way through those, sounds good

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.