Hitchin

7 messages
24/02/2003 at 17:28
I'm working in Hitchin mid week & will miss my club run.

Is there a club in or near to Hitchin which could put up with a fairly indifferent runner from Devon for an evening?
24/02/2003 at 21:14
Dave. Your prayers have been answered. Go to www.nhrr.web.com. North Herts Road Runners are the friendliest club in the country. Used to live in Hitchin, but now in Lincs and I am still a member. You will be welcome with open arms no matter what your ability and there is a good social life too.
24/02/2003 at 21:15
M are you out there? Back me up on this one!

25/02/2003 at 19:38
Had a look at the web site - sounds like a great club!

Then the bad news, a change of plan, I'm only there Wed night and their club nights are Tue & Thur!

Can anyone recommend a 7 or 8 mile route, starting from the centre? I'll be running around dusk, so somewhere lit would be best.
25/02/2003 at 20:08
Yeah, great club - miss them all desperately (sniff, sniff).

Well I know Hitchin well. Where are you starting from, and I may be able to help with a route?
25/02/2003 at 22:51
Hi FS

Staying in the centre, near a small square & a decent Italian Restaurant (Marcos?)

Doing this from memory as the details are at work - any advice regarding route gratefully received. Otherwise I'll just run for 35 mins, then try to get back faster (always interesting when I lose my way!)
26/02/2003 at 06:04
OK, leave it with me. I'll email you privately with the details.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.