HM training

1 message
07/03/2011 at 11:22

Three Forts Half Marathon 1st May 2011
According to the map I've drawn using Anquet there is 1800 feet climb on this race.

I wish to complete sub 2hrs.

My last long run was 11.5 miles with approx 1800 feet climb in 2 hrs. My current average weekly mileage is approx 35 miles. (last week 40 miles) I intend to build up to a weekly mileage of 45 miles with a long run 15 miles with 2500 feet climb. (next race is going to be tougher)

Question. What is the best way forward with traning?
Should I work on speed on the flat - eg track intervals / tempo run?
or just do off road hilly runs - shorter distance with a bit of speed?
or hill reps? 

I do some hill interval training with my club which is situated in a fairly hilly town so every club run involves some hills, also get to up the pace a bit at times. Sunday runs are short, off road runs at very easy pace - usually undulating. (running over South Downs). I can use track on Thurs but 15 mile cycle ride usually tires me out so I don't tend to perform well on track.

My week is usually my own and my training is quite flexible. I work casual hrs but comute by pushie asI don't drive

Edited: 07/03/2011 at 13:25

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.