Hormonal changes during a training session

5 messages
28/03/2006 at 13:44
Anyone experienced this ?

For the last 3 months - everytime (and that's 5-6 times a week every week) I get to between 50 and 60 minutes of slow running I know the time elapsed without even checking my watch cos I feel really weepy !

Its sooo strange

29/03/2006 at 13:44
Not sure about that SS, maybe it's just the "tired and emotional" state. What made me notice this thread though was that 20+ mile runs seem to send me menopausal. I wake up in the middle of the night in hot sweats. I'm sure it's some sort of adrenal/endorphine thing, but wondered if somehow it is the same mechanism which causes the menopausal sweats.
mellifera    pirate
30/03/2006 at 11:14
that sounds like low blood sugar to me. try a gel.
01/04/2006 at 19:39
Low blood sugar would be bang on - I run first thing in the morning before eating - thanks Mellifera

01/04/2006 at 19:42
umm - interesting though

I've always run first thing in the morning on an empty tum....
only now - cos I've radically removed a huge amount of lifelong stress - I'm working comfortably at an av lower HR of 162 rather than the av 182 I've had before

MAybe I'm at last able to work out in the fat burning zone or something ! Yippee !!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.