How are you?

21 to 35 of 35 messages
29/04/2004 at 20:36
DREW!!!Really good to see you posting too!

Hope things are on the up for you and you are able to join us more often.:o)
02/05/2004 at 21:18
Nice to see postings from not one but two of the "old school" - Paula (ex Laura) AND Drew!

Hope you're still at least getting some mileage in Paula, and Drew - look forward to seeing you posting more often once your virus has gone and you can pick up your training once more.
03/05/2004 at 10:00
Hi again,

Thanks for posting, I've really enjoyed hearing what you've been up to and Drew, that's weird you logged on the same day. Hope your infection is well and truly sorted and that you're enjoying your job.

Will try to reciprocate round robin style so here goes...
BR, fantastic time at the flm, hope you had a smile on your face afterwards.
LizzyB, you're the queen of forum coincidences so it will probably turn out that you once went to school with my next door neighbour's brother or something. How did flm go? Glad you've survived the skiing/ice climbing season intact!
Minks, congrats on fantastic 1st marathon time, you obviously paced yourself really well.
MikeS, are you still a lone voice in the wilderness outside of base training??
Vrap, glad you're still doing marathons on the back of minimal preparation and getting away with it, good luck with your sub4.15.
Hippo, how did your ultra go? Stickless, China sounds amazing, enjoy it.
Hilly, we've swapped hair colours it seems! Keep going for that 3.15 and sod the OU course - if you don't want to do it, don't waste your time on it, you could be relaxing!
LynneW well done on flm and good luck with next races.
Sfh legs, got lost on any orienteering courses recently?
Fellrunning, your sheep references completely allude me, is it me or you that's confused?? Ennerdale clashes with Swaledale but tempted by Wasdale if I can get some long runs in first.
DavidB, plus ca change...
Running update from me on Training thread, not much to say.
03/05/2004 at 10:02
Hiya paula
the ultra was a laugh
7 laps of a reservoir(35 miles)
did a marathjon pb, and walked the last lap with vrap, wabbit and bear
even had a gin en route
03/05/2004 at 10:03
Oh, Wardi, your running seems to be going really well, obviously not that old then.
The very phrase '10kpb sends fear down my spine at the moment.
Monique, why am I not surprised to read you're doing an Ironman in Austria! Sod sub 3 marathons, you've got your sights set on other things it seems. Let me know when you next do something extreme I can join in on the usual basis of maximum enthusiasm/minimum competence.
03/05/2004 at 10:04
Good for you hippo!
03/05/2004 at 12:25
Paula - your old house wasn´t number. 6, was it.....? with a very odd name....? Prob´ly not odd if you lived there, though.

We´re noming back to the UK for good(?) this time next year, not looking foward to the traffic, crowds and crime, but - oh! Consumer choice! Food with taste! Bike races! Drivers who use their indicators! Solid rock!

So, when are you coming to Iceland - and are you staying in the murky capital, or travelling into the far superior north...?
03/05/2004 at 16:32
Paula-I wish my hubby would say the same, instead of "I knew this would happen and look how much money you'll waste!" Oh, but relaxing sounds so good!

What colour hair have you got then? I'm not back to blonde though.
03/05/2004 at 16:33
Sorry that should say I'm now back to being blonde!
03/05/2004 at 16:46
Oh Paula, btw FLM was a disaster, hardly ran in the month before after straining my knee carrying two snowboards down some steps (my worst snowboarding accident of the year!) and then had a virus on race day which hit me at mile 6. I spent the next 20 miles actively wanting to die, still managed 3.57, but that's half an hour slower than target so I was a bit peeved. But - met lots of forumites for the first time over the marathon weekend, and managed to prove that I existed. I think. Or managed to prove that I was tall and never stopped talking. Which may be the same thing.
04/05/2004 at 19:32
Hi Paula

Hope all is well, nice to see you back.

Training seems to be going very well this year all races taken part in this year have resulted in PBs.

Now aiming to get into 35s for 10k and trying to break 80 mins for 1/2 marathon.

Have London triathlon in August with 1/2 Ironman 3 weeks later and 6 weeks after that the Cardiff marathon.

Again nice to see you back, hope to see you back on the training thread soon x

04/05/2004 at 20:12
Paula,

Good to see you back. We've just moved back to Belgium, which should be good for running - even if it does rain all the time!

I haven't been up to much. Similar story to Tim in CPC in the Hague. Hoping to get a good time in the Brussels 20k, although with the amount of running I'm managing to fit in at the moment, this may be optimistic.
Mary
05/05/2004 at 14:45
I'm still here!!

I'll be seeing a podiatrist in the next couple of weeks in an attempt to get back out on the road.

Total mileage so far this year - about 9.#
Total pints drunk - about 900.
05/05/2004 at 14:50
I take it that's pints of water, FF?

PS your face doesn't look VERY fat ...
05/05/2004 at 15:02
Had to stretch the piccy to get it to fit!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.