How many Top Runners use a Heart Rate Monitor

21 to 24 of 24 messages
21/10/2007 at 17:21
Maybe the question in the context of people on RW is not how many `top' runners use them but how many people of average ability have used one to progress to the next level. As JEJ states the better runners will run on a track or have enough experience to run by perceived effort.  However in order to get to that stage of knowledge it may be beneficial for some to pass through a HRM stage first to equate their perceived effort to objective HR data.
21/10/2007 at 17:22

Thanks V.  That advice makes sense, and my experience is that 'taking it steady' has enabled me to exercise from April until now without injury.  I think that's the longest injury-free exercise time in my life so far.

21/10/2007 at 17:23

... and maybe to train their bodies to perform consistently for a given effort level?

22/10/2007 at 10:46
There is some good points there. I think what I was really asking was can you become a top runner using heart rate monitor training or can you only get to a cetain point training with heart rate monitor?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.