How much harder is a marathon than a half marathon?

21 to 26 of 26 messages
20/10/2002 at 18:40
yes, a marathon IS a totally selfish venture in some ways
thats why i didnt get sposored for my first, it wasnt for anyone except me
Roll on the next one, i shant have any toenails left
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
21/10/2002 at 20:36
Beware everyone! Yes, there's a universe of difference between the two races - but the full marathon distance tends to bite you in the rear, around 30km it makes you swear never to do it again, and after a shower and a beer you're looking on the race ads for the next one! I speak from experience, I'm hooked. Next one will be number 30 - so look out folks, 26.2 is totally addictive
21/10/2002 at 22:01
I'm new to running and was wondering if it is possible to train for a marathon with nearly all of my run's being made on a treadmill? VINTY.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
23/10/2002 at 22:45
Ingrid Kristianson and Grete Waitz, 2 of the world's best ever female marathoners, did almost all of their marathon training on the treadmill because of the winter weather conditions in Norway.
23/10/2002 at 22:55
Really??
How?
Can I buy their book/schedule anywhere
Cos Im sick of heckiling and rain
28/10/2002 at 21:22
Vinty

To train for the marathon on a treadmill would be the most boring thing ever.

What makes you want to run 18 miles + indoors, going nowhere?

I suggest you saddle-up and get to them hills.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.