How too improve half marathon times

2 messages
23/04/2007 at 19:14
I have just completed London and enjoyed the experience but now want to drop back down to halfs due to time pressure, the problem is that as part of my training I broke my PB by 13mins and came down to 1.44. I dont want to go backwards and even a 1 second improvement in a race during the year would be fine. I followed the 3 day FIRST prog which ment lots of speed and tempo runs at faster than most training progs. I want to carry on running 3 times a week and was thinking of doing the speed/tempo similar to the plan plus 6-10 weekly as long run plus 13 or more once a month to keep stamina levels up. Does this sound sensible?
23/04/2007 at 19:46
Yes that's similar to the schedule in Richard Nerurkar's book for the schedule based on 3 times a week training,

good luck

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.