I hate gym sessions!

21 to 32 of 32 messages
31/12/2002 at 17:20
well actually, although i hate gyms, the one i go to is so old no-one else uses it apart from me and a couple other people. the centre containing the gym has no instructors and no organised classes, but it dies have two treadnills and two rowers, a couple of those cross trainers and a circuit of weights machines. this is alli need at the most extreme of times. and there are no self admirers. but it has no t.v's or radio etc. makes it more than extremely boring. i share your hatred of gyms.
01/01/2003 at 18:23
I use David Lloyd. Yea there are a lot of posers down their and some of the instructors are only interested in advising the women who use the gym, but there are also some great athletes down there too,including a couple of triathletes who raced at the Commonwealth Games and a trainer who competed in Britains Fittest, he came 2nd.
02/01/2003 at 12:14
In some gyms across the country they are putting prototypes in for people to test out. In my gym they have put a running machine in with an air conditioner on it.
If anyone knows, does this effect your breathing or do any harm to you?
07/01/2003 at 13:55
I agree with Hilly - Circuit training is best - the sessions I go to (at a Local authority leisure centre as opposed to a commercial gym) don't appear to have any poseurs but a good mix of runners (including one of Englands top fell-runners), cyclists and those who generally enjoy being fit - a good mix of weights/upper-body and lower body exercises which complement my 30+ mpw running.
07/01/2003 at 18:03
Agree about davud lloyd
been a member of mine fir 7 years and STILl noone says hello to me
Snotty gym instructors
cougie    pirate
07/01/2003 at 20:54
Jazz - not sure about the air con thing, but I've trained at a velodrome a bit, and always come away with a cough at the end of it. I'd give it a go though and see if it affected me.

I do tend to have a limit on a treadmill of about 6 miles as by then I'm just too hot, so this might be a very good idea ?
07/01/2003 at 21:19
At my local gym ( local gym for local people we'll have no trouble here etc etc) I'm lucky to get a grunt out of the owners , sorry instructors , still thats steroid abuse for you. The only time one of the "instructors" spoke to me me was on the induction and I think thats cos she was after my body , erm money I mean. The equipments not too bad , two of the treads could do with a service to stop them slipping but you wont find anyone admiring themselves in a mirror - no siree not in East Yorkshire !!
07/01/2003 at 22:06
you have a nice body mercury?
07/01/2003 at 22:12
Goodness me no !! I fall into the "nice" catagory apparently, ( so I gave up and gor married )
07/01/2003 at 22:17
lucky wife then:)
07/01/2003 at 22:33
Cougie - In my gym they have a sectioned off area where there is one main air conditioner on the roof and then some built in ones on the walls. This is great and it makes you feel like your running outside.
cougie    pirate
08/01/2003 at 10:11
I like that idea ! Just what I needed.
I have worked out where the aircon vent is in the spinning class though, but have to fight for the space each time ! ;-)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.