If you like porridge ...

9 messages
31/07/2005 at 18:44
Been searching for a good sports drink that's not too sweet and not fat-laden? I have started drinking Oatly (available from Ocado/Waitrose and probably health food shops).

Each 100ml contains:
35kcal
1g protein
6.5g carbs, of which sugars 4g
fats 0.7g
No additives

I like it. If you like porridge, you can use it instead of milk (and on other things too).
01/08/2005 at 09:31
Forgot to say.. as you might have guessed, it's an oatmeal-based drink.
01/08/2005 at 10:30
Is it milky looking then RB?

I'm not really into milky drinks, but to add to cereal is ok.
01/08/2005 at 10:43
Hilly it looks just like milk except it is completely lactose free. A lot of lactose intolerant people use it. If you use it for cooking it doesn't split as soya milk does.
01/08/2005 at 10:51
Milky-looking except that it's beige rather than white. My interest in it (apart from liking the oatmeal taste) is that it has a better nutritional composition than a sugar-based sports drink.
02/08/2005 at 00:39
But why would you use it to make porridge - if you wanted more carbs couldn't you just eat a bit more porridge ?
02/08/2005 at 09:43
Popsider
I see your confusion. I make the porridge with water but pour milk/oatly on it (with soft, dark brown sugar) to eat it. Making porridge with milk is, I believe, an aberration!

But mostly, I just drink Oatly as a (nutritious and tasty) drink.
02/08/2005 at 10:02
I drink Soya milk:o)
02/08/2005 at 21:42
Although I'm quite happy drinking ordinary milk, I've found porridge tastes really good with that Rice milk stuff.

Yum - just make sure you invest in a good non-stick pan!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.