Increase mileage advice please

2 messages
01/01/2012 at 19:50
Hi,

I've made a breakthrough with my training and have achieved my 10k goal!!

However, I think i may have forgotten the 10% rule weekly increase. Can you tell me if i've increased too much from my weeks mileage records below:-

average week (sustained this for some time): - Tues - 3 miles, thur - 5 miles, sun 3 miles = 11 miles

Then started to increase a few weeks ago:- Tues - 3 miles, Thur - 5 miles, sun - 5 miles, = 13 miles

past 2 weeks: - Tues - 5 miles, Thur - 3 miles, Sun - 6.2 miles = 14.2 miles.

It's just that the past 2 times i've ran 10k my knees have felt a bit sore and i'm wondering if i'm doing too much too soon?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

01/01/2012 at 21:06
I'm no expert but that increase loks fine to me.  I'm going to ask the age old question.....have you had a gait analysis done and bought appropriate shoes?  Problems with incorrect shoes will show up more as the mileage increases.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.