Insanity Workout

241 to 260 of 614 messages
10/07/2012 at 10:05

LOL Brett Pringle 2 - Contrary to popular belief, a needle in the eye doesn't hurt! it's the thought of the needle going in that causes concerns, MUCH LIKE, perhaps, the thought of doing plyo and month 2.  I would say that I felt the same as you, until i was familiar with the exercises.  it was the unknown that freeked me out.  Keep up the motivation, the legs will catch up soon enough.

As for me, I got out for a 5.5 cross country in new trainers (Gel Trubuco) and found the right shoe uncomfortable where the gel sack is under the ball of the foot.  Caused a hot spot.  I will continue with them as it might just be a question of my feet getting accustomed.

keep it up people

10/07/2012 at 18:35

I did my third fit test this morning and here are the results:

Switch Kicks    108  (2nd - 99, 1st - 107)

Power Jacks     60  (2nd - 54, 1st - 55)

Power Knees    100  (2nd - 90, 1st - 97)

Power Jumps   40  (2nd - 38, 1st - 35)

Globe Jumps    11  (2nd - 11, 1st - 9)

Suicide Jumps  16 (2nd - 16, 1st - 15)

Push Up Jacks   21  (2nd - 23, 1st - 15)

Low Plank Oblique   51  (2nd - 45, 1st - 41)

It occured to me today that my results for my first fit test were probably quite strong (for me anyway) because I started doing the programme with my boyfriend and I was probably being quite competitive as I didn't want to be shown up too much. He actually only stuck it out for the first three days as apparently other commitments were getting in the way - basically he didn't want to get up early in the morning to do it with me and found excuses not to do it in the evening when he got in from work. Doing the fit test by myself means I probably give in a little more easily then I would if someone else is there with me - and i'll never keep up with Tanya!

I'm sat here this evening now trying to work up the courage to do the first session in month 2. As I mentioned in my previous update, today is supposed to be my rest day but i'm away the weekend and won't be able to fit it in and I don't want to lose the momentum. I completed the fit test this morning but didn't have time for the other session so now I need to do it this evening and I can't seem to motivate myself. I watched some of the Max Interval Circuit disc yesterday to try and familiarise myself with what was to come and it freaked me out a little.... the length of the session (a whole hour!) and the speed they go at during these harder exercises. 

emg
10/07/2012 at 19:10

@Ali k well done! Honestly I am on day three of month 2 and although it is tough it is doable. Plus the workouts after are slightly shorter than this first one so dont lose faith. I am honestly now enjoying the routine although I had a comedy moment the other day when I almost slipped over my own sweat which I had dripped onto the floor!! Whoops oh well...on the bright side at least it means I am working hard!!! haha!!!

Edited: 10/07/2012 at 19:10
10/07/2012 at 20:30
And it is done! Emg, you're right although it is longer actually it is achieveable. There are a couple of moves I struggle with.... The full body things mainly but I'll get there. Right so now it's on. Month 2 here I come!
10/07/2012 at 23:01

Henstooth! thanks mate, i am hoping that the legs definitely improve because its gonna be tough! 

you reckon its the thought of the needle rather than the pain of the actual thing? haha i can think of a few other things that might be painful too but i'd rather be doing this because i am actually feeling the results! after Ali K and EMGs posts i have some faith in month 2 now i guess its all down to how much i push through month 1 to prepare me for month 2 but i am still looking forward. Plyo tomorrow is gonna be a tough crack to nut but i;m so pumped to push through it!

what did you mean about the gel pack? how come it didnt do the same on your left? how did you the cross country go otherwise? i presume after 3 peaks its a sinch? haha

Ali K - well done on the fit test and getting through the first day of month 2. good work and keep it up before going away for the weekend! kick your bf's butt outta bed and get him into action, those excuses have to be wearing thin and its always great to have commitment from your partner!!! 

good things people, watch this space for post-plyo updates tomorrow!!!

11/07/2012 at 09:29

oh my days! that was an epic session, those plyo's are tough but i was getting the suicide level 1s ok, its the ski abs and in-and-outs im sucking for air so hard and sweat is jsut dripping from my head! such a good way to start the day and really pumps me with energy. quick cold bath and off to work! recovery day tomorrow and i can really do with the deep stretches as the top of my right leg hamstring is feel a bit toit...have been focusing on stretching that out properly any ways....

LETS DO THIS THING!!!

12/07/2012 at 13:23

recovery day this morning, got a new floor mat for the lounge so i sound less like a thundering buffalo than absolutely necessary! swam last night as well which was really awesome, definitely starting to feel the benefits. my core is feeling much tighter too. only problem now is those matchstick hamstrings that need some more stretching!!

13/07/2012 at 12:14

Did a strength session with  a client yesterday. Comprised of reps with weights for arm, shoulder, and chest. They lacks upper body strength and this will certainly be necessary for what he wants to do. I used some of the Insanity routines - shoulder push ups, moving push ups, tricep dips as well as invented exercises using the park furniture and improvised items I have. Today I ache a little (as I do also what I ask the client to do) but I could feel the benefit of having done the Insanity course already. The client was wasted but as we ALL know, regular re-visiting, and digging deep PAYS OFF.

14/07/2012 at 12:49

Hiya

Been lurking around this thread for a while but as i'm planning to start Insanity again in August thought i'd say hi.  Did the programme early last year and wow did my fitness and running improve.  A lad i work with has my dvd's at the moment and he's loving it he does motorcross enduro races and after a break couldn't finish his 1st one back but then last weekend (3 weeks into programme) he did another one and won.

Noticed some of you are thinking of doing Asylum - how do you get it can't see it on the beachbody uk site??

Henstooth - well done on 3 peaks

emg
14/07/2012 at 13:26

Hey Chrissi

You can asylum off amazon although sure there are probably loads of other places espcially if you have a multi region dvd player.

Well week 1 of month 2 done and I have lived to tell the tale.....just another 3 weeks to go.......

15/07/2012 at 17:52

Thanks emg - will have to check out if DVD player ok

15/07/2012 at 21:34

Hiya peeps! been a bit slack with my posts but still sticking to it. moved my 2nd fit test forward to today as i am away next weekend. i was pretty pleased with them and it made me super keen to crack onto week 3 of month 1!!! yes please!! here are my 2nd test results:

Switch kicks - 76 (1st - 70)

Power Jacks - 50 (1st - 25)

Power Knees - 80 (1st - 50)

Power Jumps - 24 (1st - 20)

Globe Jumps - 9 (1st - 6)

Suicide Jumps - 16 (1st - 14)

Push-up Jacks - 23 (1st - 16)

Low Plank Obliques - 40 (1st - 30)

improvements all round so im happy with that and im feeling fitter for sure! 

keep it up guys!!! 

16/07/2012 at 00:27

I've been thinking of getting the Insanity dvds for a while now but £100 seems quite steep. Does anyone know of anywhere that does it cheaper or is it worth the £100?

16/07/2012 at 09:58

Herr Logik! welcome!

i agree with you that £100 is very steep and to be honest i looked for cheaper deals. you can look on ebay and gumtree.com but i didnt really trust those as i wanted it still wrapped but thats a personal preference.

good luck!

Plyo in month1 week 3 killed me this morning but great workout, seem to be sweating more and more the more i do and the 'fitter' i am getting hahahaha 

17/07/2012 at 11:11

right, pumped up with a good session this morning, pure cardio and cardio abs! yes please! the only issue im having with the abs though is i think my stomach is still relatively week and i am using my legs to do the exercises which obviously defeats the object so i am really trying to focus on using the core to pull my legs in and do the A-twists etc...tough but im getting there slowly, can feel my core tightening a fair bit as well! looking forward to another beasting tomorrow morning! those suicide drills im starting to actually be able to work through most of the sets too which excites me no end!! haha how sad!! :P

keep strong and keep at it people!

17/07/2012 at 21:03

Bit of a late update but heres the results of this weeks fit test

Switch Kicks 85 (previous 52)

Power jacks 52 (previous 45)

Power Knees 92 (previous 84

Power Jumps 52 (previous 46)

Globe Jumps 11 - No change

Suicide Jumps 19 (previous 15)

Push up Jacks 33 (previous 24)

Low plank Oblique 58 (previous 58)

Over all I'm happy with the progress, although I think I may have done slightly better if I had done the fit test first rather than the Max Interval Circuit.

Overall I am recovering faster than when I started, although the workouts are still killing me. I am beginning to think that I have the knees of a 60yr old as they are starting to play up after so many weeks punishment.. Only one more week to go after this and my body can recover a bit.

Just trying to decide if I will do the P90X or asylum next...........

17/07/2012 at 21:38
After a rather heavy Hen weekend with too much food and drink I'm feeling very sluggish and drained of energy. Think I've picked up a bit of a cold as well. I did manage a three mile run and a small cross training session on Saturday but then had two days off. So I've decided to start month 2 from the beginning again as my session today, Max Interval circuits, was pretty poor for half way through week one of month 2 and I've got some real ground to make up before I feel I can complete Insanity. So off I go again.....
emg
18/07/2012 at 20:34

keep going Ali K you will do it!

@tangol glad to see I am not the only one....my right knee is really starting to creek even though I am trying to be really careful when i do the jumping exercises. With only 2 and a half weeks left i will be so annoyed if the knee goes now.....aaaarrrgh!!!!

19/07/2012 at 09:44

@ Emg and Tangol re knees: i hear you guys, my knees are feeling the impact and even though i now have a gym mat to try soften the impact i can still feel a slight strain on the knees.

i smashed out cardio power yesterday and plyo today leaving 3 days of recovery (tried to squeeze them all in before the weekend as i am playing 7s on saturday) i will hopefully be back on track for monday where i will be into month one week four! i just hope that at the end of that i am going to be sufficiently ready for month two!!!! eeeeeek nervous!

as i am off work next week i might pick up some light weights for my upper body as i am feeling a bit weaker there when we do the ski abs and the in-and-outs, feel it more in my shoulders than my abs, and also doesnt help that i know that im pulling up with my legs too

besides all that though i am definitely feelign fitter and feel my recovery times getting a lot better...

GOOD THINGS and keep strong people...DIG DEEEEEEPER!!!!!

20/07/2012 at 14:45

Arrived today and can't wait to try it. My question is how does it affect your running? I'm dying to give it a try but I also had a long run planned for tomorrow so should I hold off and try it another time?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.