Insanity Workout

261 to 280 of 614 messages
emg
21/07/2012 at 14:07

@Brett I am now wearing a knee support which seems to be really helping me maybe try it if it continues to be a problem.

Hey Herr Logik I have continued running throughout and honestly it felt fine in month 1 BUT I have cut down my running slightly in month 2 as I was finding the strain on my knee too much. So my advice would be listen to your body and I found doing the workouts at different points in the day has meant I am not too exhausted so I tend to run in the mornings and do insanity in the evenings.

Good luck!

22/07/2012 at 15:25

Hey gang!  Here come the sun yeehar!  As I have said before, I have completed the Insanity program, with a view to start again after our holiday.  I have however been doing my runs, increasing the distance to what I was at before.  I went out with a buddie from work who is quite a bit younger than me, and was from a department that demanded high levals of fitness. He was stunned at how I ate the hills and kept the pace high.  He now wants to start Insanity - so it goes to prove that if you keep up the work, it shows. 

Herr Logik - as emg says, listen to your body.  I too felt I had to pull back on the running as I was putting so much energy into Insanity that I was just too tired to run any real distance.  Even so, the cardio stamina I built up with the 2 month routine has paid 10 fold, as I can just keep going - in fact it ends up being that my legs start to give up at 15 miles but my cardio and heart just wana keep going.

On a completely different subject - I just got notification from Runners World that I won a competition!  I was one of three who won a complete running outfit from JAKO!  I didn't win the first prize of free entry to the Palma de Mallorca marathon.  Just goes to show, if you don't enter, you can't win.

Also on anotherr different subject - my new expensive running shoes (Asics Gel Trubucos) that were giving me right foot problems.  I wrote to asics and they have responded by asking me to sent the shoes to them and they'll have a look at them.  How's that for service?  I expect that they will examine them and any problems, they'll remedy.  I'm not sure what they'll do if they find no fault.  Watch this space.

23/07/2012 at 21:49

howzit everyone! 

wow i am glad i did all my insanity before the weekend when i played some social 7s on saturday.my days, i was in some serious pain on sunday! i have however managed to go for a light swim to loosen up before doing some pure cardio and abs later today and i am feeling pretty good and looking forward to it tomorrow. so this is the start of month 1 week 4 and planning for next week to be the recovery week...all going to plan i hope i am fit enough for month 2...again sweating buckets this morning and spent some time in this thing called a british sun!! get in!!! 

nice work on the competition and asics shoes Hens!! i am going to test my new shoes tomorrow on a small run after my insanity workout, temporarily unemployed at the moment so will be pushing myself more and hopefully should be receiving some MyProtein products tomorrow too....their delivery has been pretty poor seeing as it was meant to arrive on friday or saturday! clowns!!!

keep strong peeps!! 

24/07/2012 at 16:21

Well I have read the whole thread and thinking of doing this.    I reckon it would take me longer than 60 days as Im away every other weekend.   Is that a problem?

24/07/2012 at 20:38

spen71 - It doesn't matter so much that you are away.  You can elect to perhaps do something else during that weekend that's conducive with your plans (a run - gym work - stretch session etc) and pick up the next Insanity session when you get back.  Make sure that you do (as best you can) the sessions in the order that they come.  I would suspect that you will be better rested that the most of us, and therefore stronger when you resume the session.  Indeed, one of those days that you're away, if you do it correctly, could be a planned rest day in the session anyway.  Glad that your are on board, one of the team mate.  Keep us all posted.  It's your experience that helps encourage others to join, and you'll get LOADS of support from the team here.

Pete (Henstooth)

24/07/2012 at 21:05

Cheers Mate.   Think I will let it cool down before I have a go at this though.

I do some kettlebell work a few times a week too,.   Hope to keep it up and the running but only time will tell.

25/07/2012 at 09:35

welcome Spen71, i hope you pick up this training program, its a tough challenge but in the comfort of your own home and in your own time its one of the best training ive done. 

just finished month 1, week 4, day 3 plyo with a 2k run afterwards. i am trying to pick up the training now with my lack of full time employment, may as well make the most of it and with this great summer sun we have finally got! yes please! 

got the MyProtein products yesterday,  recovery XS and can def feel it working already...not dying as much at the end of the workouts! love it!!!

25/07/2012 at 19:38

Whats the myprotein stuff?

25/07/2012 at 20:09

Website myprotien.com very good prices for bulk buy on protein whey and dextrose.  I found it helped me recover and ache less after workouts. I mixed 2 scoops protein 1 scoop dextrose with 3 drops of vanilla flavouring.  I love the stuff.

25/07/2012 at 22:06

Which protein one did you get?

26/07/2012 at 07:58

I got the 5kg whey protein and 5kg dextrose, with the vanilla flavouring. More than enough for the 60 day session.

26/07/2012 at 10:48

what does the dextrose do hens? 

i went for a 30k cycle last night after doing the plyo yesterday and am feeling near normal today on my rest day, will need to do the recovery dvd just now too but otherwise i really feel the difference as i know i would be dying a thousand deaths after that kind of workout yesterday!!

26/07/2012 at 18:54

Dextrose is basically sugar (in a pure and easily digestable non-complex form). It rapidly supplies energy to recently worked mussels. Post-training is the priority; when glycogen levels have been used up through intense exercise.  Resist taking it prior to training as this will give you a sugar / dextrose high and although you will have loads of energy, it's short lived and you are prone to a sugar crash which is rapid and debilitating - performance goes down and tiredness comes in.  That's why "slow release" sugars are best before workouts (porridge, bananas etc), and dextrose is used after to replenish.  The protein whey helps repair worked mussels and helps rapid recovery (I found it reduced the mussel aches).  Hope this helps.

emg
26/07/2012 at 20:03

Well next week is my last week of insanity cant believe how quick it has gone!!!

Feel really excited about finishing I have a week in between before my holiday so was thinking will just do the recovery week dvd to keep me going. After my holiday I am going to get back to my running (half marathon in october) and maybe carry on doing insanity twice a week. 

Then after half mara thinking either another round of insanity or trying p90x......

30/07/2012 at 13:04

ok ive orderd some dextrose, this was before i started month 2 of the workout.

let me just say this much, doing the fit test for the 3rd time and then hitting up the first max interval session i nearly bl00dy died! my days!!! that extra 20mins or so is a killer and i am not shy to admit i was struggling to get through the whole workout and can definitely see the difference between month1 and month2! glad i have some supplements to top up the tank and help repair the body!!! phew!!! 

good thing i dont have to work this week so i have time to recover mentally and physically!!

DIG DEEEEEEP!!!!

30/07/2012 at 13:26

Well I have not started yet.   Got a 50 mile ultra in under 2 weeks so not tempting anything.

30/07/2012 at 15:18

spen71 - MAX respect buddie.  I did my 1st ultra (33) in feb 2011 and it was great.  Took me 5.53 and I was done in.  I would love to know where your 50 mile is - UNFORTUNATELY I am away on holiday the actual day so couldn't join you BUT I want to do another one, and 50 mile is the next one up.  I agree that holding back on the Insanity would be a good idea, given how it does drain you.  I expect you are well into your distance training and will be concentrating on that.  keep me posted mate.

Brett Pringle 2 - Keep at it dude.  You will begin to get used to the extra demand that month 2 demands and there will be a marked difference in your stamina. Dig deep.

emg - well done on completing the course mate.  There is an odd feeling, isn't there, when you're done?  It feels "empty" sort off and you begin to realise just how much time you invested in the course.  I was lucky with the 3 peaks climb, but have sort of slipped "a bit too comfortably" into just running and I have noticed a little "tummy" developing!!  Oh well - I shall enjoy my holiday next week, show off what form I have left (do a few cliff climb runs - to compare my times) and then when I get back to the UK I will start Insanity again.

As for everyone else - I suspect that many are on holiday, or preparing to go.  I intend to start Insanity again in September, mixed with distance running.

30/07/2012 at 15:23

Im doing the North Downs Way 50, over the Surrey Hills.   Im always up for people joining me in the Ultra community and a bit of company.   Where are you based?

What do people do when they have completed this?

30/07/2012 at 15:38

After this (like my 33) you start looking for the next one and getting prepared. Please tell me that this isn't your first ultra?  The most common distances are 50 kilometres (31.069 mi), 100 kilometres (62.137 mi), 50 miles (80.467 km) and 100 miles (160.934 km).  I will have to get some work in but I'd like to do the 50 mile.  In fact I am only in North Kent - so there is NO REASON why I shouldn't do this.  To be honest I did look at this event last year!!  Did the Detling Hill 8.6 (part of the North Downs Way) and got a taste of the hills and came in 6th - phewwww!

30/07/2012 at 16:06

I have done a 35 mile ultra and 8 marathons so far.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.