Insanity Workout

321 to 340 of 614 messages
27/09/2012 at 10:14

woohoo well done Amanda, thats awesome work! glad to hear that the insanity is helping so much, just imagine what it will be like after month 2? i think you shoud take it easy before the ultra and then crack on with it again after a bit of rest post-ultra! or at least i would do something like that but once you are feelnig the buzz its hard to reign it in

i completed my london triathlon on sunday and improved my overall time by 20mins from the same event last year. I was very happy when i got my time of 2hrs 55mins. my 10km run however was still very slow at 66mins and am aiming to improve on that time by about 10mins when i crack it agani next year.

for now though, i am doing the kingston 8 miler on 14 oct, and then hellrunner in november. focusing on the running side now and will crack on with some more insanity after hellrunner (or before if i can get round to it inbetween running)

good things people!

30/09/2012 at 20:10
Hi all,

Thank god I found a website where I can follow a thread on the insanity programme for UK users.

Have taken time to read all the post... Which took me a while. And thought I would add to this.

I am 30 yrs old. Up until the age of 22 my exercise regime was non existent. At my heaviest weight I weighed 21 stone. I wasn't an active person and my love for food was literally making me explode. I lost the weight steadily over the year by joining the gym and eating healthy. I eventually got to about 16 stone. My belly still wobbled and didn't feel great.
I found this personal training shop that I joined and started training with them 3 times a week and in the gym for 7 days doing light cardio. I struggled for the whole 3 months. The working out was fine but the nutrition was a killer. For 3 months all I ate was tuna, rice, veg with protein shakes and shit loads of supplements. The guys at the gym said this was they best way. They had fantastic stories of clients who had amazing transformations. I lost in total 2.5 stone. Body fat reduced and I will looking good. I was paying ??22.50 a session, spending a good amount of money on the supplements and not eating good. After taking 1 week off for a holiday I came back and tried to get back into it. I had my breakfast of 4 hard boiled eggs, whites only, all bran, soya milk and water with udos oil n greens i vomited it all out and thought I cannot carry on With the nutrition and spending loads of money. When I am committed I am hard core on it. But I just couldn't continue.
Within a year I gained weight to just under 14 stone. I theft abroad for 5 weeks and ate like mad. I know, self destruction. Just before I went away I saw insanity on sky, and I thought this is it. I spent a good few months researching every ??ebsite I could find, you tube etc.... And decided I wanted it.

Purchased it when I returned at the end of August after my holiday.
I was hyped up, shopped for the food and got ready. Now as I teach as a profession in a college, my times or working a varied with teaching late night, I had to start on a Thursday, meaning I would have Wednesdays off due to working 8.30 - 9pm and I wouldn't have had the energy to workout at 9.30pm

So these are my stats for when I started week 1.

Weight - 228 lbs.
Calories for nutrition - 2000
Waist 42.5 inches
Hips 45.5 inches
Thighs 24inches
Biceps 14.5

Now people say I don't look fat, I have a belly that needs to go and an ass. Also the jeans I buy are either 36-38 waist and they fit so was a little surprised at the waist result. I am not one of those that squeeze myself into clothes and let it hang out or buy smaller clothes than I actually need.

So fit test results
Switch kicks 50
Power jacks 38
Power knees 62
Power jumps 20
Globe jumps 9
Suicide jumps 8
Push up jacks 10
Low plank oblique 18

So week one starts off good. I am sweating loads, having to stop in between to rest. But somehow getting addicted. 4 days go by and you can see my face is starting loose the chubby ness. People at work are commenting my face is getting slimmer. Day 5 comes which is a Monday for me, Pure cardio - I am dying as I start. Wishing why is was hard. Go to squat down and back goes into spasm. Try and cool down and is a no go. I go and pop a pill, deep heat and hot water bottle. Gutted!
So go to work like and I am hobbling around like an idiot. Luckily I have a sport department at work, the guy checks me over, says its in spasm. He stretches me out, massages me and puts on a tens machine, pain has gone but still slightly twitching. Get told to rest and no workout.
Am gutted as I was getting into it. Decide to still follow the nutrition plan. Weigh myself and 5lb down. So am a little happy.
Comes to Su
30/09/2012 at 21:02
Comes to Sunday and my back is ok. So decide Monday I am going to work out. Even though this would have been week 2, I stopped mid week 1, so I carried on with where I left off. Pure cardio. Took it easy with squats for back. So far so good. Week 1 ends and week 2 starts. Weigh in at 221lbs. Loving it. Feelling good. Am in week 2 and day 4. Cardio recovery is what I needed. Will probably update on a weekly basis and will upload pics as I go.
01/10/2012 at 14:10
Well done Brett what a brilliant time. I have never been brave enough to do a triathlon the swimming outside bit scares me slightly.
Waqqas well done to you too it is addictive

I am taking the advice and this week am going to do fit test today normal insanity prob pure cardio on Tuesday and Wednesday on Thursday I will do tue recovery as normal and then have Friday off. Saturday is my ultra do I will have Sunday off and then provided my legs are up to it I plan on either starting max on the Monday or doing another week of recovery and then max training starts the following week.

I have another ultra on the 1st November 54 miles this time.

Also yesterday I knocked another 5.5 mins off my half time and took it down to 2:12:34 so very chuffed
17/11/2012 at 16:18

Hi all...yet another one joining the Insanity Train.....just waiting for the dvd's to turn up...started getting fit April this year after some 22 years after leaving the forces and am now 8kg lighter but realising running is not the be all and end all of fitness...I have got myself to running overload and over training...Ran 145 miles in August, did a strongman run (18km) and then gave myself a inguinal hernia which has since be operated on and has healed well...

I am reasonably happy with my weight but really wanting to tone up, if I lose/gain some weight ..so be it...but like I say it's more that I am intrested in toning up than anything else.

I have a very active job and burning 2000-2500 calories a day at work is not uncommon but rarely do I do any cardio type excercise...so am really looking forward to taking on a new challenge that I can combine with running, x-skating etc. Am prepared to put the other training on a back burner for the 60 just so I can give it my undivided attention (hey I'm a bloke and multitasking baffles me ).

I have just spent an afternoon trawling through this thread and it has been a real eye opener and I look forward to joining in and posting in the near future.

So until the posty rings...ta-ta for now...

Cheers Dave (The Netherlands).

Edited: 18/11/2012 at 10:17
19/11/2012 at 14:55

HI ALL!

Bad comms all round my side! been off the radar busy as and trying to crack some good running and all that jingo! after the first 60 day session , i stopped and focused on a few races and now im just working on my running and aiming to start up again in december, or early january. can definitely feel the difference from not doing it (neighbours complained about the noise though!?? go figure)

looking forward to getting back in it!

27/12/2012 at 18:38

Am looking at getting into this myself. although I already have a fairly packed weekly schedule as I play ice hockey at a reasonable level and train 4 times a week. Do you reckon its ok to miss days and just do my ice hockey training on those days and just push the workouts back a day? Have worked this out - just means I'll take 2 months 3 weeks instead of 2 months to do it all. 

28/12/2012 at 21:08

Hi all.

Must admit i have read some interesting threads about the Insanity workout but still need some advice..... this is where hopefully you guys come in and help please.

I am 29 and have always been concious about my body and the way it looks. I am not the biggest of people and weigh between 10.5 and 11 stone. I joined the gym AGAIN for the first time in a few years to do something about my physique, muscle tone/bulk etc. There has been results but the same routine coupled with the fact that the gym is crap and that it is always busy means i often never get a full workout. With the Insanity work out i am worried about losing what little weight i already have. I am totally ready to immerse myself if this will provide me with definition and extra muscle i am looking for. I hope this will help me to feel better about myself, please guys i look forward to your advice.

Thanks

Adam

01/01/2013 at 17:21

Hi,

Just joined this forum, i'm starting Insanity next week. I am 37 and have done loads of training in the last 22 years (ex military), weights, circuits, running and martial arts. As my nickname depicts, i have always had average results with my body type, training very hard and getting stronger and fitter but never being ripped. I believe a lot of this is due to my diet limitations at the time, i'm going to be be eating very healthily and carefully during the 60 day challenge to try and maximise the results. I will post very honest results during and after my training, to help myself and others, i look forward to chatting to you all.

Thanks

Mr A

emg
01/01/2013 at 21:51

Hi

Well I am a glutton for punishment and I am working my way through insanity again! I have got a holiday in February to get in shape for so I am hoping that it is going to give me the same results as before. Just started month 2 this week and I had forgotten just how hard it was.....a nice pool of sweat on the floor after!

@Adam trust me I love insanity and it is intense BUT you WILL lose weight and there are no weights used in the main programme. I would say to you if your aim is to build muscle and you dont want to go to the gym then I would probably look more to something like P90X or BodyBeast these are more targeted at the getting big and buff crowd. If you go ahead with Insanity then there is an upper body workout but this is not part of the main programme and is a seperate dvd so you will have to do this in addition to the main workouts.

Anyhow good luck everyone!

01/01/2013 at 22:14
Blimpy wrote (see)
gedgino wrote (see)
today i done "pure cardio", god it was a hard one, done it first thing in the morning before hunting for stone roses tickets....i found a few times where i was stopping earlier than usual...whether that was the difficulty of it or losing a bit of motivation i dont know. funnily enough, i am starting to feel more strong now and hopefully soon SEE some changes! off on the ale now...NO KEBAB!!!
Actually, believe it or not, kebabs aren't that bad as all the fat drips off.  Just so long as you don't eat one every day, I can see no harm.

About kebabs, ckicken shish kebab is far more healthier than donner kebab isn't it?  Especially if it's grilled - which is what my local place does.  Just wondering what are the healthiest options when I do takeaway (maximum two a month).

Insanity looks too... insane for me!!  I reckon I'll stick with my running, pushups, pullups and HIIT on my exercise bike.

03/01/2013 at 11:43

Hi

I've had a quick scan through some of the posts, and I see some people are doing the Insanity along side running, how are you finding this?

John

03/01/2013 at 18:07

Hi

me too JLB3, i'm only doing short fast runs at the moment 1-5 miles but would like to know if maintaining this will be possible when i start insanity at the end of next week?

Mr A

04/01/2013 at 20:49

EMG thanks for the response. I think i have the muscle that i want from my days down the gym but i just want a bit more definition about me and feel a bit more confident about myself when i take my top off for holidays, so i do not embarass the wife and kids. I take it this workout will gove me that from all the posts on here???

04/01/2013 at 20:53

Im back on this again.   Did the first one tonight and god the end was a struggle!

08/01/2013 at 08:05

Hi everyone, I've just joined and glad to see there are some recent posts. I started Insanity before and didn't finish but determined to do it this time alongside running. Been planning to get up at 5am for the last few days to do it but haven't managed so I'm glad I found this forum - maybe it will help motivate me. Fit test tomorrow at 5:30 - I'll let you know how I got on.

08/01/2013 at 19:19

I joined here just to post in this post (at least for now) I got a copy of this and can't wait til monday to go for it, bit of background, I'm somewhat fit (played various sports and Martial Arts for years) but still overweight due to my general laziness lol I am currrently 18.4 stone and looking to trim it down to about 15st and attempt some sort of marathon this summer.

I will be doing this every morning at 6am (to beat it outta me before the rest of the day, plus it gives me an incentive to get up early and do it)

Starting Monday I will do the fit test, results posted here daily

09/01/2013 at 09:56

Managed to get up for the fit test after a few days of trying. I had forgotton how hard it is!

I have done on e marathon (very slowly) over a year ago and last year I did a half and a 10 km. I want to get fitter as always get a bit slack and do everything on minimum training. Got another half on Feb 15th so doing insanity and running (well that's the plan anyway!) I live in Abu Dhabi so run mostly on the treadmill rather than out.

Anyway - here are the iNsanity fit test results:

Switch kicks - 80

Power Jacks - 43

Power knees - 76

Power jumps - 19

Globe Jumps - 9

Suicide jumps - 12

Push up jacks - 28

Low plank oblique - 53

When i fininsh work, got a driving lesson then home to do a short run.

14/01/2013 at 07:29

Couldn't do a few days after fit test because no electricity at home for 3 days!! Landlord hadn't paid bill so was cut off - now we have a very noisy generator outside. Anyway, back on it now. On Saturday I did Plyometrics and a 5km run straight after, Monday did Cardio Power and resistance and attempted a run but only managed 1.5 km this time. Woke up early today and did Pure cardio - am going to see if it's easier to do Insanity am and then run pm.

Is anyone else running too? How do you fit it in?

14/01/2013 at 10:00

Guys just signed up to get a bit of advice. The name's probably a bit of a give away but some background. I thought I was reasonable fit up to my thirties. I am now 41 years old and a good three stones overweight. I don't do any exercise and have only just gone on a 'family' healthy eating diet. We have a lovely wee surprise just over 18 months ago when a new son arrived to join his much older siblings!!!! I can't do much about the hair loss but want to get in shape to spend some quality time with him. I have read about the Insanity workout and think this is for me. Once I get my head down (and importantly start to see things working) I can commit to it. I am however a little concerned as I have not seriously exercised in some time. Am I bitting off more than I can chew going straight into this?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.