Insanity Workout

21 to 40 of 614 messages
24/10/2011 at 16:34
well now i am even more scared! haha!!

i cant say i enjoy it and still havent seen any difference (apart from firming of the arms) but i am going to stick it out...i have started to like challenging myself and after completing the marathon this has been a good changeup.
24/10/2011 at 16:47

Yeah, it's definitely a challenge!! I love it and can heartily recommend it to everyone who wants to push themselves. I was thinking that i'd find it easier - but as your body adapts to the movements and gets more agile - you find yourself being able to achieve and complete more.

Keep us up to date!

25/10/2011 at 22:06
today has been a tough old day...done the insanity this morning. cardio power and resistance. found meself clock watching today, especially during the middle section.

after work i done a 5 mile run too. my ankle was sore off the run, but with the weigh in tomorrow i thought id have a go.
26/10/2011 at 07:42
If you can clock watch it means you're not pushing yourself hard enough
26/10/2011 at 17:03
hahhaa i was giving a slyeye to the tele.."only 20 to go, jesus!"

today i had my first weigh in. 15-12 so i have lost 6lbs or thereabouts. Happy with that in just over a week, so just gonna weigh meself every wednesday now.

my wife said i cheated being weighed after insanity, but i said i dont give a shit. if i get up at half 7 and stomp round the living room then i deserve it! still gonna keep my eye on the calories in and out. on this myfitnesspal, it says a 40 min run is 700kcals but high intensity aerobics is 450-500 which seems strange as this hurts more, but i suppose if i just stick to what it says and follow the process i'll get there in the end. cant be bothered buying a HR monitor to work out. my attitude is less ale, less bread more sweat = better body! that would sell millions of books!

26/10/2011 at 20:27

Wow - that sounds great! I lost 1kg in the first week and it levelled out. I did two weighs in - and i put weight on if i did it after insanity

I worked out that i burnt 700-900 kcals in an insanity session (but I pushed my heart rate to 180/190 in every set).... it killed me most days but I saw a great effect!

28/10/2011 at 00:47
today was the cardio recovery day, which is pretty easy really apart from the slow lunges and squats. followed that by a game of 7 a side footy and felt really really sharp, so i can say quite categorically that insanity is making me sharper.

the weekend is always the issue so tomorrow i have insanity and then at the gym with work, sat first set of cardio abs (whats that like emmy?) and sunday rest, before fit test monday.

no booze or fast food for me this weekend, so hopefully the weightloss continues. only downside right now is a slightly sore lower back and right ankle.
28/10/2011 at 08:03

Hiya Gedgino,

Cardio Abs is good - for me the hardest part was the fact that it was after pure cardio

If you're aching in your ankle - check what you're jumping on and what you're wearing. I have a wooden floor but when a carpet is there - it really helped with the impact.

28/10/2011 at 18:18
thanks for that emmy, i feel a bit achy after today, so ive decided to swap days and rest tomorrow (when im working) and do it sunday instead when im off.

done the cardio resistance today and although at times i think to myself that i am stopping at the same time, i noticed the last exercise 8 squats and 8 press ups repeated i went the same pace as shaun t, so i must be improving...a well deserved break now.

it was tough today because for the first time i was making excuses not to do it. up to now the thoughts of stopping havent entered my head, but today i was a bit "aw fuck this", i am happy i did it, but after doing weights in the gym afterwards and a sauna, i am ready for a day off.

emmy what did u do after the 60 days? my plan is to give up and die of a heart attac....only kidding, i plan on keeping up circuits twice a week and one game of football but not do this on top!
28/10/2011 at 19:36

You need to just keep it up. I used to do it first thing in the morning to get it out of the way!

After 60days I decided to drop down to month 1 insanity 3 times a week and keep the max recovery sessions in it. I'm training for a marathon so combining it with insanity to get my cross training in.

Enjoy it - you'll begin to love it!

29/10/2011 at 17:32
i decided to do the plan as stated so finished WEEK TWO today. my back is really sore so i feel a bit stupid as i know it needed rest.

CONCLUSIONS SO FAR....

mostly positive. i felt fitter again today and any workout that makes you sweat so much has to be doing some good. i am not bored doing the DVDs and the time goes really quickly. The feeling afterwards is great.

negatives are feeling a bit boxed in, i know it is a 60 day program so i know every day i am doing it. at the moment i cant see any difference in my stomach and chest which are my worst areas. (i feel tighter in quads and shoulders though)

will i carry on? yes.

do i think after 60 days ill look like daniel craig- nah!!
30/10/2011 at 11:16
just done a wee bit of measurements, my waist is 38.5 and chest 43. is it normal for chest to go up??
31/10/2011 at 10:20
WEEK 3 DAY 1 Fit test

switch kicks 80.....125
power jacks 44.....50
power knees 80.....102
power jumps 31.....42
globe jumps 8.....10
suicide jumps 14.....16
push up jacks 24.....32
low plank oblique 53.....72

so thats an improvement in every single exercise and i am beating the "machines" on the tele with some of them so that feels good.

lets hit it this week!!!

31/10/2011 at 19:04

i am starting tonight, have the fitness test ready and primed....

i feel a bit of a fraud having taken the mickey out of the mrs whenever she has suggested a fitness video... I suggested we could do this together, but she didnt fancy it.

It does look pretty 'insane'...

31/10/2011 at 19:24

Don't be scared - you'll love it! Just remember to note down your results so you can see the improvement. It makes it worthwhile!

31/10/2011 at 19:26
Hahaha! Ive done that. It ain't no rosemary Conley though!! Come here for any chat mate.
31/10/2011 at 21:36

Ok, so i did the fit test, thought i was going to puke during the cool down at the end... will open the back door tomorrow night. 

switch kicks 90
power jacks 49
power knees 75
power jumps 34
globe jumps 5
suicide jumps 14
push up jacks 22
low plank oblique 41

felt like a wally, but my ktchen is big and i am not overlooked, sure i'll get used to it....just smashed a protien shake. i can see it being good for my running, water polo and squash... will become more 'explosive'... and flexible..  just got to see if i can stick it out until xmas, going on the wagon as well i think.

31/10/2011 at 21:47
Pretty similar to my initial scores so it shows that there is a decent level of fitness there. I can only advise you to plan the times you do the exercises and expect pains off it! Good luck mate.
01/11/2011 at 11:24
WEEK 3 DAY 2

just done plyo cardio circuit again...my aim today was to not stop at all, apart from the breaks set in the dvd. got up to level 1 drills and body give up!! that, ski jumps and in-out abs in a circuit is probably the toughest of the first month!

oh well, done and dusted!
01/11/2011 at 12:39
@Sham plodder - make sure that your surface is "bouncy" (e.g. with a mat). My kitchen has tough tiles and doing some of the jumps hurt my ankle a little.
21 to 40 of 614 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.