Insanity Workout

441 to 460 of 614 messages
29/03/2013 at 21:21

Genius dave, i might give it a try

02/04/2013 at 08:34

That's a good idea Dave, I had tried to register but couldn't because I haven't got a US address.

Have you finished now Mr. A?

I did the first day of 2nd week yesterday - still finding it a bit tough but feeling a bit better now and have already lost about 1.5 kg so pleased with that.

02/04/2013 at 13:01

Hiya gang,

Just spent about an hour looking through this thread - fascinating! I've seen the complete box set on offer through kgb deals for about 50 quid and I'm thinking about getting it.

I wanted to check though, I'm currently training for my second 10K at the end of this week (last one was two years ago), and I'm planning to keep up with my running after this. I just wondered if the Insanity programme is something you can do as well as a running training plan, or will it kill me?! I've only been active again since the end of the year, and looking to complete my 10K in just under an hour. I obviously don't want to push myself too far and end up with an injury or completely demotivated.

Any advice would be appreciated

02/04/2013 at 13:04

PS  - I meant the beginning of this year, not the end of the year - doh!

02/04/2013 at 17:53

Keep at it Sam it will come back to you. Yes i'm all finished now, just been trying to mix it up a bit now with running,cycling and light weight speed circuits, oh and of course doing the odd insanity workout as well.  I may not be posting as much now though so the best of luck to all of you. Still no six pack but it's close, i may still get one with carrying on the sensible eating. (i did lose a clear 3" of my waistline though)

Gemma, if you put 100% into insanity i would say that you wont be in very good shape to carry on runnning as well but Sam is doing her own hybrid version which may be suitable for you.  I stopped all other exercise whilst doing insanity to try and maximise results. It has definitely worked, i'm beating all my previous PB's but i'm not going to lie, my legs were really aching from running the first couple of runs back, they seem to be back to normal now.

10/04/2013 at 12:02

Completed day 9 of insanity yesterday - so far so good! There is a mirror in the room where i do it and sometimes i look at it and say so to myself - what the hell am i doing?? But once those final stretches are being done there is a warm glow of satisfaction! I am mixing running and weights with insanity but feel great for it. I am training for 2 half marathons at the end of May and middle of June.

One thing which i have noticed the insanity training is that my flexibility is shocking. During the stretches i really have to modify what Shaun T and the guys are doing. I can't say i love or hate any particular workout - there are parts of them all where I struggle but then parts where i feel good. Plyo Cardio circuit is this evening - its gonna be tough but as Shaun would say - dig deeper!!

Edited: 10/04/2013 at 12:03
13/04/2013 at 18:08
Hi everybody I'm starting insanity in a few days in the aid of get fit for diving and running , all the positive stories are all great help to push me on
13/04/2013 at 21:46

Day 13 completed today and what a day of exercise that was!! Ran a 5 mile race this afternoon and today was pure cardio and for the first time cardio abs! I was drained from the race this afternoon and thought about doing day 13 tomorrow instead of the rest day but the guilt of not following the programme to the letter hit me so i just did summoned up the energy and did it. Boy it was tough!! The sweat was dripping off me, As anyone who has done it know this is the DVD where Shaun T says at the start that he is really nervous about the workout coming up which always makes me smile and strike a few nerves through me as well! I gave it my all and got through it and now i am still knackered! But glad i got through it anyway and i will definitely enjoy my rest day tomorrow.

Theeee quote of Insanity so far is also on this DVD - THIS SH*T IS BANANAS!!! And i can say hand on heart - it absolutely is!!

13/04/2013 at 21:47

Oh and might I just add about the race this morning i did it in a PB of 34.32 which is down from 36.10 or something like that. I definitely think Insanity is helping with my cardio as my legs felt really strong going up hills and in the last mile.

14/04/2013 at 17:18

Have taken the plunge and ordered Insanity DVD's. Will be starting tomorrow with the fitness test and cracking on from there. Not sure whether to be excited or crapping myself but time will tell......

15/04/2013 at 14:53

Stumbled across this blog and I am hooked.

Started Insanity today with the fitness test, I'm a bit nervous of whats in store but here goes.....

15/04/2013 at 21:41

1st fitness test today;

Switch kicks - 67

Power Jacks - 40

Power knees - 63

Power Jumps - 30

Globe jumps - 7

Suicide jumps - 10

Push up jacks - 11

Plank Obliques - 23

Starting dying a death towards the end but looking forward to day 2 at the moment anyway...

16/04/2013 at 07:42

I'm on week 3 now (of my restart!) and can feel a difference already. Yesterday I managed to do the ski abs and in out abs bit for the first time without a break. Nice to see a few new people posting on here. Dave, that first fit test looks good, I could only manage about 8 power jumps the first timeI tried!

16/04/2013 at 12:46

1st fitness test yesterday.

Switch kicks - 60

Power Jacks - 39

Power knees - 70

Power Jumps - 30

Globe jumps - 6

Suicide jumps - 13

Push up jacks - 15

Plank Obliques - 30

Today I had a 45min boot camp session came home and went straight into day 2 plyometric cardio circuit.

needless to say I'm spent but its making me think the boot camp sessions, which I do twice a week, aren't all that, in comparison that is.

Could do without a friends 50th b'day celebrations today! Not looking forward to Day 3

16/04/2013 at 20:54
Thanks Samantha. Mark its good to have someone else starting the same time as me for extra motivation and a few of your fitness test results are similar to mine. Just finished day 2 and probably went too hard in the warm up and beginning. With experience and improved fitness I am sure this will get better. 5 a side football tomorrow mixed with day 3......
16/04/2013 at 22:56
Did the fitness test for the second time yesterday - improvements in all tests so pleased enough with it. Plyo cardio circuit today and I actually think this is the toughest workout of the first month. I am definitely getting better at it and feel I can do much more. Diet for me is my biggest downfall but I am getting on the right track with that. Trying to fit in 5 small meals, 2 litres of water and a protein shake after my workout.
17/04/2013 at 16:18

Day 3 completed with football to come tonight. I have started by increasing protein in my diet and eating a high protein meal after the workout. Does everyone use protein shakes?? I will be investing in a mat as well as I have a laminate floor and once the sweat on starts it is too slippery. Still enjoing at the moment though and like the sound of tomorrows Cardio RECOVERY. I hope it really is a recovery

18/04/2013 at 11:25

It looks like I've started Insanity at the same time as Dave and Mark. I started on Monday and stumbled upon this thread this morning - really interesting reading and great to see that so many people have made it through!

The Google search which led me to this thread was "Insanity workout calf pain" as I woke up this morning and my calves were screaming. I could barely walk yesterday but I can barely stand today. Thankfully today was Cardio Recovery which has been the easiest day so far. Has anybody else had this pain?

To get up to speed, I'll post my Fit Test results:

Switch kicks - 87

Power Jacks - 45

Power knees - 66

Power Jumps - 34

Globe jumps - 10

Suicide jumps - 17

Push up jacks - 16

Plank Obliques - 32

I haven't been able to fully match Sean T and his gang for a full session yet (i.e. I've had to take a break at some point) but have probably managed about 90-95% of each session, keeping relatively good form.

I managed almost all of today's session but could not hold today's squats or lunges.

Dave, I am not using protein shakes. Just eating something pretty balanced almost immediately after each workout (e.g cottage cheese and wholemeal toast.) I'm sticking to the principles of the nutrition guide but not many of the actual recipes as they don't seem hugely appealing. I'm using ShapeUp to monitor my calories & nutrition.

P.S. Not sure if I'm in love with Tanya or if I hate her. She really is a machine.

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 12:19
18/04/2013 at 16:54

Oh the shame the shame I fell at day three, it was kind of to be expected, friends 50th went on into the small hours so was unable to do anything yesterday.

Back on track today with boot camp session then day 3, I just won't have a day off on sunday so come monday i'm back on schedule.

I have been watching my weight with myfitness pal and upping the exercise and protein intake via shakes and have lost 2kg in a week.

I'm with Fuzzy regarding Tanya

19/04/2013 at 14:12

I wouldn't worry about missing a day Mark, so long as you get back on it straight away. Some advice that crops up time and again on the web seems to be that even if you're really not up to doing the workout on a particular day, you should just press play and watch it as it helps motivate you and get you back on it the following day.

Anyway, it was Day 5 for me this morning and I have a bit of a confession to make.... Days 1 - 4 had been hard. Really hard. Probably the hardest workout I've ever done. But after all my research on Insanity before starting, all the people saying how insane it really is, how it's almost impossible, how they thought they were going to pass out / puke / drop dead etc.... I didn't find it as hard as I had expected. Just to repeat: it was probably the hardest exercise I've ever done but it felt manageable. I even got to thinking I was a bit of a machine myself....

I realise now that is because I had not yet done "Pure Cardio".

Wow! That was tough! My calves were still feeling very sore when I woke up but much better than the previous two mornings and I'm still waking up feeling very motivated. The warm-up started as usual and I really tried to concentrate on form and speed. I was feeling very good about my performance but it also seemed that the warm-up was more tiring than previous days. Probably just because I'm doing it faster I thought. 

By the time I got to the stretches I was feeling happy because I am definitely regaining some flexibility. I can just about manage the deep lunges now and can almost get my palms to the floor during full stretches (although I still have a ridiculous amount of trouble standing on one leg!) But by the end of the stretches I was dripping in sweat. What was going on?

And then I heard the words that struck fear into my very soul. Shaun T said "I'm feeling really nervous about this routine." The guy is a phenomenon and he was feeling nervous? 

Well, he had every right to feel nervous. It was punishing. 20 mins of pure cardio with no breaks. One after the other after the other. The "machines" started dropping out to catch brief illicit breaks (although not, I noted, the lovely Tanya... she stuck through it all the way) and then Shaun T started to go a bit crazy. First referring to himself in the third person, "Wooh! Shaun T is tired, y'all" and then forgetting the names of exercises "Next we're gonna do... I don't know... Just copy me". Finally declaring "This s*!t is BANANAS" and dropping to the floor.

I had to stop for a few 15 second breaks and took some of the exercises sonsiderably slower than Shaun T. Also really struggled with the push-ups as I'm a bit of a feeb when it comes to upper body strength.

That said, even though it was incredibly hard, I probably enjoyed it more than any other so far. It was certainly the most varied with different exercises and i actually felt a sense of accomplishment at the end of it - odd though it sounds - comparable with completing my first half-marathon back in 2007.

One more day and then a rest on Sunday! Woo!

Hope it's going well for everyone else on here!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.