Insanity Workout

601 to 614 of 614 messages
29/10/2013 at 17:47

I ordered Insanity direct from Beachbody and didn't have any issues.

30/10/2013 at 14:05

I've missed Monday's fit test and yesterday's Plyometric Cardio circuit. Although this is less to do with laziness and more to do with playing American Football with my mates on sunday which has resulted in it being very painful to move, let alone do Insanity. Seriously, it hurts just straightening my leg out. Still, pain or not, enough rest days, back into it today with Pure Cardio (and Cardio Abs). Full muscle failure may be just aroudn the corner

08/11/2013 at 13:35

Hi guys hope your all still pushing play.

I've got 2 weeks to go till Insanity now.  Fell race is tomorrow then finish T25 over the next 2 weeks, 1/2 marathon on the 24th then start on the monday morning.

10/11/2013 at 13:29
Hi Ged

I hope this post can give you some more motivation and that weight loss in a short period of time is possible.

About me now: 23 years old, male, 6ft 2in, 13st 5lb.

When i was 17 I got a job in a call centre and ate cookies, drank pepsi and all the other crap like mcdonalds, kfc etc. I was 12.5 stone when I started my job and after a year I had gone all the way up to a massive 16.5 stone.

I had gained some stretch marks on my side of my stomach only a few though. So I had booked a holiday to Mexico and decided I needed to get in shape for the holiday and I only had 4 months. In the first 2 months I lost 3 and half stone and not much more after that.

I only had 3 meals per day which were; 2x brown toast with marmite for breakfast and bowl of cerial, chicken and rice with low fat sauce for lunch and dinner was chicken, veg and gravy. Also i drank about 6 litres of water per day.

My execise routine was; I would ride my push bike to work and back 5x a week which totalled at approx 50miles per week. I used to run 5miles a week. I used to swim 64 lengths (1 mile) 2x a week and did 3 days of weight training.

So as you can see it is possible but with lots of effort and determination. I hope this helps.
25/11/2013 at 08:13

Back on here again after several failed attempts to finish Insanity. I've been doing some T-25 which is good but don't feel the same effects as from Insanity. I've got a marathon to run in 10 weeks and feel really unfit. After 4 months of no exercise due to health problems I can really feel the difference in my fitness levels on long runs - I manage the distance but struggle and go very very slowly! I'm going to start Insanity again because I remember it helping with my fitness and running last time (even though I didn't finish it) I don't know if I'll be able to do all 6 workouts every week because the running has to take priority but I'll give it a go. So - fit test today!!

25/11/2013 at 13:05

Hi Samantha - I did my fit test this morning.  I've just finished T25 getting ready for another attempt at finishing Insanity too.  My Marathon isn't till April but want to use this as a boost to my fitness over the hardest of the Winter months.  Like you are i'll be juggling the schedule a little so i can still run.

I was pretty pleased with my test results as i ran a half yesterday and i sort of managed everything with scores pretty much just below an old set of results i found.  Push up Jacks were slightly modified as i can't do a proper push up yet and i don't jump that high on jumps.

I'll try to post my results up later - good luck with yours

25/11/2013 at 19:23

Ok so as promised here's my first fit test

Switch Kicks 45
Power Jacks 46
Power Knees 77
Power Jumps 28 (i can't go as high or get my knees up as much as the machines)
Globe Jumps 6
Suicide Jumps 12
Push Up Jacks 9 (modified as i still can't do a proper pushup so my arms only 1/2 bend as much as they should)
Low Plank Oblique 24

26/11/2013 at 12:30

Plyo Cardio done this morning and i'd forgotton how hard this is.  The 2nd circuit killed me.  Hurting now but in a good way.

04/12/2013 at 05:57

How is it going Chrissi? I did my fit test nearly a week ago but haven't done any of the workouts yet.Did a 17km run at the weekend though. Will do Plyo today.

05/12/2013 at 12:34

Samantha it's going great it's not easy but i'm loving it and no noticable effects on my running.  I'm not doing it perfectly but i am doing it as best i can.

Well done on 17K run and hope Plyo went well

05/12/2013 at 17:50

Plyo went well - better than expected Chrissi. Still have trouble with Level 1 drills, ski abs, in out abs though!!  

06/12/2013 at 16:50

You should see me trying that - i think i spend more time on my hands and knees gasping than doing the actual exercises.

i'm nearly at the end of week 2 now but will finish monday rather than tomorrow as it's long run weekend. 

19/01/2014 at 12:32

Hi just checked back after some time away,

Good to see people are still blogging

I got within 2 weeks of finishing Insanity then had appendicitis and had to have said appendix taken out so I was out of action for a while.

then I was on holiday and now I don't think I can start all over again

need some inspiration !

I was thinking of starting T25 and noticed a few people have done it on here

is it any good, it looks a bit easier than Insanity or is that wishful thinking!

got to start something, a long lay off and xmas have taken their toll!

28/01/2014 at 22:40
Hello, followed this blog from the very start and just completed day 3 of insanity. Is anyone else still doing it?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
601 to 614 of 614 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.