Is it possible to

4 messages
12/05/2013 at 16:34

Anyways, I'm 14 160 lbs and in average shape. I have lots of free time . Ill su, it up quick. I can only run 3'k without stopping .  I Want to sign pudor a 20kobstscle race in Vermont that is exactly 129 days away. Say to,prow I start training daily and putting my all in into it, without missing a day, willi be able to run it ? This would follow with a proper nutrition stretching and strength buildind.. Let me know if I would be conditioned enough) as soon as I get word il be courageous and sign up! Worse comes to worse there is a 3 mile exit point whereas if the course is to hard and I, not prepared I can exit but will not receive the accomplishment of crossing the finish line and receiving a metal. Can I do it?

13/05/2013 at 18:25

Plenty of time to train.

Don't run every day that will be asking for trouble.

Start off running 3x a week. Keep your runs short and slow. Build up the distance gradually. Check out some hm training plans. Use a beginner plan.

On the days you don't run xtrain. You'll need to do some core work and probably free weights. If you can get to a gym try this out.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/kit/trx-for-runners/9517.html

Make sure that you have at least one rest day per week. 

Theres a magazine - Obstacle Racing Magazine - you can find it online. Maybe of some help.

13/05/2013 at 18:26
13/05/2013 at 19:54

Thanks a lot. Just the answer I was looking for . Another thing is, thos s hoes, that have individual slots for your toes, http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/how-to-choose-barefoot-minimalist-running-shoes.html are they a wise investment for obstacle running? Will it put more strain on my tendon? Keep in mind these would also help due to the fact. They would be submerged in water

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.