Is this a good plan?

1 message
25/01/2014 at 09:54

Hi everyone,

further to my thread in this forum a couple of days ago, I've sat down and tried to devise a training plan for what I should do per week . I want to get a sub 45 minute 10K, which is what my tempo run is aimed at, and to just build my general endurance for a marathon in October. Is 3 sessions a week too much? Plus how long should the tempo run be Here's the plan anyway:

Monday: 7 miles tempo. 3 easy (8:40-52 per mile) then 2x2 at 7:30 with 1 mile recovery in between. 1 mile easy

Tuesday: Track Session

Wednesday: 7-8 mile easy run

Thursday: Hill session 

Friday: 7-8 miles easy

Saturday: Long run, 15 + miles at faster than 9 mins:10 per mile on average (want to get sub 4 in my first marathon)

Sunday: Rest

Does this sound right ok? I've not done much session stuff before and I've been running for about 2 years (19 y/o). Is there any advice you guys have on how to make this a better plan?

Cheers!

Ben

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.