Jet Lag

21 to 22 of 22 messages
17/12/2002 at 19:22
Dustin's point on hydration is as important in my mind as getting over the jet lag induced exhaustion of flying. I don't know how many days it takes to fully hydrate after a long flight, but it must be several. The stress on the body when racing is very different to a training run, and time is needed to recover.

I usually pull on the trainers immediately after a 9 hour flight to the USA on landing and find it a great pick me up. But experiences this year of racing 13 miles two days after landing, and running a 19 miler long training run the day after flying to Alaska were both very uncomfortable.
18/12/2002 at 09:56
I know it takes up to 48hrs to rehydrate, and I'm sure if you were drinking plenty of water (little and often) then you'd find you'd be well hydrated. Easyest way to know if your hydrated is to look at your urine, it should almost be clear.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.