Just A Little Bit Further 2013

2,061 to 2,080 of 3,637 messages
01/05/2013 at 16:42

Hi all!

MC - Great news about your hubby. Well done him!

I don't think it's ever going to happen for my hubby as over 3 years is such a long time to be out of work...Hopefully the fruit trees will make something next year (They are still too little this year) That would be a nice silver lining for us.

Loula - Good Luck tomorrow! Hope it goes smoothly.

Chili - Well done on your training: bike, swim and run...Good news you have your op. date.

DJ - Well done on your pacy run. Enjoy your run tonight and hope it frightens off your cold!

By'eck - hope you get out for a run soon...Walking is better than nothing!

AF - hope you are feeling better!

Hi Franny, Ecky, Matt, Louise and all..

I'm having a lovely day off as it's May Day and a National holiday! Kids still had swimming training this morning though so I had a lovely run in the park while hubby read his book and kept an eye on little 'un playing on the climbing frame. Park was still empty as Turks like their lay ins, especially on National Holidays.

I have  2 sisters starting private lessons on Saturdays. Hopefully I'll still be able to run before the lesson as I'm on a bit of a roll, running wise.

Anyway, BFN lovely peeps! x

01/05/2013 at 19:34

Hi Jude - lovely to hear all your news

MC - That is fantastic for your husband!

DJ - lovely to hear of your run too.

I got dressed to go out running in the sunshine this evening and set off for my usual 5 mile route. Then remembered that i have been mostly cycling for April so probably shouldn't jump straight back into a 25 mile week! Just did 3ish miles instead.

01/05/2013 at 20:26

Jude - great that you are getting some time to run. 

DJ - good that you are getting back to it. If it is just your nose it could be hayfever? I developed hayfever suddenly out of the blue a few years ago

I did a turbo followed by a 2 mile run this evening hardly walked at all

02/05/2013 at 11:03

Morning! (Looks round at an empty CRAC towers). Guess you are all out enjoying the sun.

02/05/2013 at 13:50

i havr new shoes

02/05/2013 at 14:05

Good afternoon.

Well i had to abandon last night's run after 1/4 of a mile as i felt awful.Today i am full of cold and really struggling.This will be the first time in a month i haven't hit my running targets.At least it is for a proper reason,and not just because i didn't feel like it.I'm lucky enough not to suffer from hayfever,so i know that if i get a snuffle it's a cold.

By 'eck enjoy your noo shooze.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Loula, i hope your move has gone smoothly,and when it is all done,you can enjoy a cup of tea and a big slice of cake.If you can remember which box you packed the kettle in.

Chill

02/05/2013 at 15:37

Afternoon

MC..great news about hubby's new job  So pleased for you all that it didn't drag on for too long.

Jude..Great to see you are getting out running again. Great you have new students too.Now we just need those trees to bloom well so as you can all reap the benefits.

DeeJay...Aw hope you feel better soon and that you get out a run soon now that you are back in the swing of it all again.

Loula...hope the move is going well today.was thinking of you whilst I was out running.

Chilli..yes better err on the side of caution if you have been cycling more than running. Well done on getting out.

By'eck..What shoozies did you get? Hope you get to try them out real soon.

AF..Hows the leggies now????

Ecky...How are you doing this week..That costume looks real good.

Well I have been out for my LSR...3rd lst one before mara...only 24 days to go..... Did 20.16 hilly miles today..weather was perfect for it Only a 15 and 12 miler to go now..piece of cake...lol

Have a nice day everyone.......

02/05/2013 at 16:56

MC-That is greta news about your hubby's job- more money and redundancy!!!

DJ-Shame about your run....hope you feel better soon..at least you have achieved all of your other running targets.

Franny-My legs seem fine now and I seem to have lost most of my cold....went out for a run this morning and decieded that as I am doing a hilly half on Sunday (hopefully as I need to enter on the day) I did some hill work and did 2 miles of running going up and down the same hill loop 8 times- people must have thought I was mad!..& 6.5 miles in total before I went to work.Well done on your 20.16 mile run - you are going to fly with your marathon- what is your PB and how much to do you think you will beta it by?

Hi Chilli,Ecky,byeck,Loula etc etc  

02/05/2013 at 17:31

Hi Boss well done on your hilly repeats They are a necessary evil  My marathon pb is 4.36 and I am sure I will go sub 4.30 or even 4.15 as I an capable of it but alot depends on the day and those last miles but I am feeling v positive about it as my training has gone pretty much to plan give or take a few tweeks

02/05/2013 at 18:30

evening all

cycled to work today, probably the last time as from next week I think I will be having to get back quicker to pick the kids up - until OH starts we don't know what hours he will be working

DJ - hope you feel better soon, shame about your run but better to cut if short if you aren't feeling well

boss, franny - well done on your runs

02/05/2013 at 22:05

Helloooooooooooo

Sorry I have been absent. I have a note from me Mum

Mathschick, that's brilliant news. You must both be so relieved.

Hiya Franny. I am trying to rest as much as I can for my HM at the weekend. I probably should be resting but I will get a trophy if I complete all the league races. Well done on your LSR. I love taper weeks. I bet you cant wait till your Marathon now. I have fingers crossed that I get in London again just so I can wear my cupcake.

Just back from a nice easy club run with our beginners group. I am off work tomorrow so resting up before Sunday. I have also enrolled on my Introduction to Counselling course and will get my stuff through in the next week. I'm so excited about it and the changes within the Trust.

03/05/2013 at 08:08

morning all

what a beautiful morning here, and hopefully weather will be good all weekend

ecky - have a good restful day and good luck for Sunday

03/05/2013 at 09:22

Morning!

Gorgeous day. Am hoping for a bike ride this afternoon with my daughter. I promised to wait until she gets home from school so we can go together

03/05/2013 at 14:29

Lovely 7 mile club run through bluebell woods this morning.  

Hope weather stays fine for my l/2 Marathon on the downs on Sunday. I am going to run it with one of the ladeis from my club- have decieded to enjoy the race and not worry about times.Last year I did the same 1/2 in 1.59.59,but, just want to run a race without time pressure and enjoy the view on top of the downs and a good run.

03/05/2013 at 16:35

AF - a run on the downs on Sunday sounds lovely, looks like it will be pretty warm so make sure you drink loads, we are not used to the heat!

03/05/2013 at 19:08

MC-Yes it should be nice-even better as I am going to run @ a slower than normal pace! I will drink at all the stops & am going out to see friends & pratice some drinking later.

In September I am doing a race called the Bachus 1/2 which has wine stops! 

03/05/2013 at 19:16

Sounds lovely AF, Hope you have a great run on Sunday. Yes, I've heard about the Bachus runs!

Just back from a lovely evening ride with my gorgeous No.2 girl. We cycled for an hour along the tow path. Then bought a bag of chips to share in the sunshine and cycled the hour home.

03/05/2013 at 19:34

chili - sounds like a lovely time with your girl

AF - I can't understand how people can drink wine and run - I really don't think I could. Mind you, I never drink anyway

04/05/2013 at 06:55

Morning

Chilli..that sounds like a perfect way to  spend quality time with your daughter.

AF...now that sounds like a good one but not for PB..lol...or maybe it will make you faster...ha ha...Maybe go for the medoc marathon next in France 

We had loads and loads of rain yesterday..It was horrible...Sunshine today  but alas its my working weekend and its Bank Holiday..so so so not fair...never mind I will be off from Tuesday for 6 days

Have a nice weekend everyone

PS Loula...When is the parteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee????? Hope the move went smoothly sis.

04/05/2013 at 08:10

morning

kids are manic and have been driving me crazy for an hour, but OH is now driving them to camp, phew!

washing machine is not working though, we pulled some paper clips out of the filter and suspect there may be more inside the machine somewhere, damn kids so waiting to call a repair person...hope we can it sorted today as there will be lots of dirty stuff coming back from camp on Monday

busy weekend planned, but as kids are away we are going for a meal tonight to celebrate the new job

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.