Just A Little Bit Further 2013

2,201 to 2,220 of 3,637 messages
17/05/2013 at 08:19

Chilli-Hope you have a good recovery. Pleased all went well.

Franny-Hope you feel bette today?   

MC-Pleased to here parents evening went well.  

Louise-I prefer the good news to the bad news!!!  

It's Friday...club run this morning.

Weather forecast for my 10k on Sunday is a bit iffy.  

17/05/2013 at 09:56

Morning!

Louise - it sounds like a lot of work!

Enjoy your run AF

Well, I managed to sit still for all of yesterday, but am feeling absolutely fine (except for a sore throat where they put the breathing tube) and very antsy. Not allowed to cycle, so probably shouldn't run (although they didn't tell me not to) but might have to do some speed walking cos otherwise I will go nuts and drive my hubby up the wall too

17/05/2013 at 11:08

Morning

Structural Engineer came this morning so we know what has to happen next; partial excavation to see whether a retaining wall is strong enough or needs to be totally / partially rebuilt.  Sounds like we have a practical way forward; just need the council and highways departments to play along.

Did a nice mildly hilly easy 5m this morning, that should be enought o justify a nice glass of wine later .

Chili, glad to hear you are recovering well, but I suspect no cycling also means no running for the moment...

Franny, MC, hope you are both feeling good today

17/05/2013 at 12:19

Afternoon!

Louise - hope there is an straight forward way of getting your house sorted. Well done on your run and yes, it definately deserves a nice reward.

Chili - Hope you are taking it easy. Make the most of the enforced rest!

Franny - Do hope you feel better soon.

MC -  well done on surviving your parents meeting. Ours are all finished now, although we do have two Saturday portfolio days which are quite stressful.

AF - Hi!

Hi to everybody else too!

Well, it's a public holiday on Monday but ...guess what... our school isn't on holiday...?? We are being inspected by the IB so we have a normal day. (Can't spell International Bachalaureate ????) Yippee....NOT! Oh well, counting the weeks, days, hours until the end of term...

Busy weekend ahead: school work, coming to school for a couple of hours to make sure all noticeboards have an English translation etc and normal running around after the kids.  Also have a bridal shower on Sunday which might be fun!?

Felt very miserable this morning but summer is almost here....

BFN folks.xx

17/05/2013 at 16:57

Jude-No summer here yet!!!

I am seriously thinking about doing a marathon on 8/6- the South Downs Marathon - with some of my club colleagues.Have to now selll it to Mrs AF!!!

6 mile club run this morning in preperation for my 10k on Sunday. I suspect I will fail to beat my PB.

17/05/2013 at 18:41

yikes Louise that sounds like a lot of work for your house

AF - you probably still have the fitness from your last marathon, but don't overdo things

17/05/2013 at 19:42

AF - it's an excellent marathon with amazing views. I did it last year. Very tough though. Especially the 'more than a mile' uphill bit half way through. Hope Mrs AF says yes.

Right CRAC Team, we need to get organised for Loula's 50 mile North Downs Way tomorrow. I've got the choc chip cookies, egg sandwiches, flasks of tea, coffee and hot chocolate sorted. Can anyone read a map so we can find our way to the check points? Franny do you fancy leading the cheerleaders? Ecky, any suggestions for a costume? Rockers doing it too,

17/05/2013 at 20:00

Hi Chilli, how are you feeling today? Mmmmm how about we all dress up as slices of Battenburg  

Who is up for the Mankini ?

Loula and Rocker, you will both be amazing. We will be with you every step of the way.

Louise, sorry you have to do so much on your house. I bet that's the last thing you need.

Hi everyone else. Hope everyone is okay. No running for me today as resting after time trials last night. I am running tomorrow but just a short one. Middle Ecky has a Dance Festival tomorrow lunchtime with a new Dance so I am really looking forward to that.

17/05/2013 at 20:08

Good Luck Loula and Rocker! Enjoy!

Ecky - Enjoy the dance festival!

AF - You never know until you try - you may surprise yourself.

17/05/2013 at 20:10

gosh, didn't realise it was NDW already, good luck to loula and rocker

chili - hope you are ok and recovering well

18/05/2013 at 09:15

Morning!

When is/was Loula and Rocker due to start? Hope the weather is good for them. 

Franny - Hope you are feeling better. I don't think you checked in yesterday?

I'm at work. Just finished translating the noticeboards. Managed a very mini run before coming to work. Just waiting for hubby to pick me up after he has dropped the kids off at their music lessons. It's gonna be a hot day..

Enjoy the weekend folks!xx

18/05/2013 at 11:37

Hi folks

Good luck Loula and Rocker

I am still not v well but improving as headaches have now gone replaced with lots of nose bleeds. At work this weekend though probably shouldn't be but I hate being off and letting my colleagues down.Off after Monday anyway for 11 days

Hope the weather is better than it is here for Loula and Rocker Its chucking it down.

18/05/2013 at 15:24

I wonder how Rocker and Loula are getting on.

Franny, I really hope you feel better soon. You need to make sure you rest.

Just back from middle Ecky's Dance festival. She was in the Acro troupe today. All of them were good but when their Dance came on, I was nearly in tears as it was just so beautiful and they did it perfect despite nearly having to cancel the dance as one of them was really late and only came in last min. They got a first place so Middle Ecky was so pleased and had a Costa as a treat for doing so well. I am one proud Mum.

Hi everyone else.

18/05/2013 at 16:05

I am in the mankini!

Hopefully they are enjoying themselves.

Ecky-well do re to middle ecky.

Chilli-I had forgotten you grid he South Downs marathon last year! Working on Mrs AF making slow progress! but, will get there.Are going out to friends that evening - Two of whom did the Brighton marathon- so quiet like the idea of saying I have donorg other since! 

Resting today.Could get wet during my 10 k race tomorrow!

18/05/2013 at 16:17

Hi Boss, good to see you are not letting the side down. Loving the addition of sequins, watch they don't chafe

Thanks too, I thought I was going to pop with pride. She dances so beautifully.

18/05/2013 at 18:18

ecky - well done to your girl and her troupe

loula and rocker must have finished by now I would have thought

franny - take care, nose bleeds doesn't sound good

been rushing around all day, hardly had chance to sit down but still need to clear up ready for the party tomorrow - little one is 9. The house is a total mess. Think I will sort out the living room and make them stay in there, or the garden, at least the weather is forecast to be nice

18/05/2013 at 18:26

Thanks Mathschick. I was so proud of her as when she was little she was so scared of doing anything like that yet she just had so much confidence today. She is exhausted now though and went to bed earlier for a nap. She has another Acro tomorrow and then that's it till the Christmas show. Sounds like you have been busy. Good luck with the party tomorrow.

18/05/2013 at 19:09

Hi Everyone

Just read on facebook that Rocker is on final couple of miles. But I haven't heard any updates on Loula. Hope she has had a good day.

Franny - do take care of yourself.

Ecky - How lovely for your daughter. Well done to her

MC - hope the birthday goes well.

We had a great morning at parkrun. I ran with my two eldest girls and we decided No.2 needed a new PB. She ran soooo well. Knocked 52 seconds off her 5k time to bring it down to 30:08. Am extremely proud of her. Sausage-egg-McMuffins as a reward

18/05/2013 at 19:42

Just heard from Rocker's girlfriend that Loula is about an hour behind him.

18/05/2013 at 19:43

Rocker has finished!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.