Just A Little Bit Further 2013

221 to 240 of 3,637 messages
10/01/2013 at 20:11

evening

chili - sorry you and your daughter are feeling so rubbish

by eck -oh, sounds like a tough time, take care

RR - good news on the knee

been for a swim, and the pool was so busy and full of people that don't seem to understand the concept of a lane swim

11/01/2013 at 04:23

Morning all!

Get well soon Chili and mini chili.

Hi everybody else!

Well I went to school yesterday and turned awkwardly in the class and managed to bust my knee.  Ironic that I get injured even though I'm not running.... Goodness knows what I've done, but it's bloomin painful. Just wondering how I'm gonna get to where the school service bus picks me up.  (It's 15 minutes walk...)and hubby leaves before me with daughter. Anyway, hubby is picking me up half way through the day to take me with kids to their piano exams and then back to school. I can't miss any lessons as students have their portfolios tomorrow.......busy, busy

Have a good day all....xxx

11/01/2013 at 08:21

oh Jude, sounds similar to mine, hope it doesn't trouble you too much. ((((((((hugs)))))))

11/01/2013 at 08:43

Morning

OUCHY Jude......take care and hope it heals quickly.

Hope all the poorly people are feeling better today.

Apparently snow is forecast here for the weekend

8 mile run for me today  will rest over weekend as working from today through until Monday.

Have a good day everyone

11/01/2013 at 08:49

Oh Jude I rwally hope you are ok take it easy.

Franny- Good luck for your 8 miler.

11/01/2013 at 08:58

AF...I have already did my 8 miler  Good luck with your run today.

11/01/2013 at 09:39

AF - are you running with your group this morning? Are you going to reach your target? I think we should have cake to celebrate.

Well done Franny.

Jude - Ouch! Hope that isn't serious.

Byeck - hope you have a better day. Thinking of you.

DJ - thoughts and prayers are with you.

11/01/2013 at 12:35

Chilli-Yes I ran with my group and did 7.3 miles so 100 consecutive week target has been acheived!  Coffee and walnut cake to clebrate!

byeck-Think my next target is the Maraton on 14/4! Never ran more than 15.4miles before. Aiming to fo 14 miles on the South Downs on Sunday which should be good practice.

I think we should have a virtual party to celebrate Franny and LLB can be the ring leaders.

DJ-I hope all is well with you and my thoughts and prayers are for you. 

11/01/2013 at 13:31

well done AF

11/01/2013 at 13:37

AF - good news on achieving your target - 100 weeks is an amazing time to keep up with it.  Glad to hear your achilles easing.  Do you find that compression socks help?  During or only after a run?

Jude - sorry to hear about your busted knee - just as RR's getting better....

Chili - hope you feel better soon

My test run yesterday: well I cheated a bit and ran a bit further and faster than striclty necessary but feels pretty ok today.  Just enough of a niggle that I know long distance won't be feasible just yet.  Will try a different pair of shoes tomorrow and am running 5k on a soft track (last one was asphalt) and will see how that holds up.  Marathon pretty much blown this time though I think.

11/01/2013 at 13:40

Franny - I am so impressed at your discipline on your 'rest' days.  I know I should do the weights / core work but keep just putting it off

11/01/2013 at 14:15

Hey Jude (sorry, can't resist doing that every now and then )  - sorry to hear about your knee, hopefully it'll get better soon.

Pushups seem a bit stuck in a rut at the moment - can't get past fifty.  Pullups still progressing though.

Edited: 11/01/2013 at 14:16
11/01/2013 at 14:27

Louise0I have never run in compression socks - although do have a post run pair which I do find helpfull.I might get a pair of compression socks or skins for running in. I think that in this month's RW magazine Sweathsop are doing a 1/2 offer on compression gear from monday week so may get some.

RR-You will get there.

Hey Jude la la la la la la etc etc !!!

11/01/2013 at 15:01
(I wondered why everyone was apologising for saying "hey Jude").
I don't actually know how the song goes
I had a lovely run planned for this afternoon after a busy morning of baking. It involved running out and back to various villages in case I got called by moo's nursery.
I had just got my pack and gear sorted when I was bombarded by missed call alerts. Yup, miss by eck is poorly - headache and sickness. Argh!
We are forecast snow this weekend. If it does arrive we,will probably be snowed in
Boss, congratulations on your huge achievements. Will you continue with the 20 a week plan?
DJ, sending you hugs and prayers

I bought a rather lively choklit brownie set I've been meaning to try, can that be my contribution?
11/01/2013 at 15:01

You guys have always been able to take a sad 'run' ... and make it better.

11/01/2013 at 15:23

Real groan, Mr Chili.

11/01/2013 at 16:15
(I don't understand)
11/01/2013 at 17:00

I'll educate you hunny.  Don't worry.

11/01/2013 at 17:43
MrChilibean wrote (see)

You guys have always been able to take a sad 'run' ... and make it better.

Remember to smash your PB, then you can begin to make it better.

Hey Jude...

Edited: 11/01/2013 at 17:44
11/01/2013 at 17:56

byeck-Please go to you tune and search for the Beatles Hey Jude- you must know the song!!!! Yes we can make it better. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.