Just A Little Bit Further 2013

2,601 to 2,620 of 3,637 messages
03/07/2013 at 06:44

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/623379/gallery/resized_beach.jpg?width=350

My three herberts at the beach yesterday. 

Morning all!

Just off to mother-in-law's for breakfast.

Have a good day. x 

03/07/2013 at 07:36

Morning

Chilli, well done on your 5 miles.

Mrs Noel, 6 mths Sandy Holiday sounds fab.

Morning Jude, brilliant pic makes me wish I was in the Sun. Enjoy your breakfast.

Nothing for me today as I really do feel like I have been nit by a bus. My abs, legs, arms and derriere are all killing me.

03/07/2013 at 11:00

Morning all,

Mrs Noel-Sounds like you have had a ncie 6 months- where have you been?

Jude-Nice picture of your siblings.

Ecky-Hope those aches go away.

Hi MC,Chilli,Louise .....by eck and LLB...how are you?

Ran 5.8 miles on Monday and 5.1 yesterday. Have a bit of an ankle problem at the moment so a bit fed up!! Am doing an evening 6 mile race this evening so fingers crossed it will be ok!! The ex Mrs AF is making her racing debut so my daughters will be watching....

Fingers crossed I will be ok for my 15 mile race on Sunday when it is due to be hot got hot!

03/07/2013 at 17:04

hi all

Jude - sounds like a great day at the beach

AF - rest your ankle between now and Sunday, and make sure you are well hydrated

good luck to ex-MrsAF, bet your kids are proud of both of you

03/07/2013 at 17:45

AF - Good luck to you and your ex for this evening. Hope your ankle is OK.  And if it's hot on Sunday, expect to run slower and don't push too hard.

Ecky - Take pride in those aches and pains, you must have worked really hard!

MC - Hi!

Been picking pears all afternoon. So, I finally feel like a farmer's wife.

Ran 4 miles while kids were at swimming training.

03/07/2013 at 21:44

Hi Boss, I hope they go away too cos they hurt . Middle Ecky thinks its as funny as when I fell down the stairs. Please be careful with that ankle too.

Thanks Jude, I reckon I worked too hard, I don't remember ever having doms this bad.

03/07/2013 at 22:46

Alastair, Ecky - I was in Afghanistan. Best thing to say about it is, there was nothing to fill your free time except Phys! 

03/07/2013 at 23:08

Oooo Ecky, that sounds painful!

My legs feel achy today but not sure why. Only did 5 miles yesterday.

AF - hope your ankle heels quick.

Jude - so lovely to hear your so happy and on holiday

Long bike ride today.

04/07/2013 at 06:32

Open water swim yesterday at a beautiful new venue plus strength at lunch. 

jude, sounds like a lovely day! 

Ecky, hope you ache less now. Get a foam roller on your legs lol

04/07/2013 at 07:39

I have just noticed your pic Mrs Noel, I take my hat off to you. I have a stick so I will use that today, I must be getting old. lol

Chilli it was agony and still sore today so trying an easy plod. I have not felt like that since I did boxing club..

Little plod today to loosen legs up and running club later but will just take the newbies. Off to get Big Girls prom dress taken up today.

04/07/2013 at 12:04

Morning,

Mrs Noel-Total respect to you.

Ecky-Enjoy your little plod.

Jude-Well done on your 4 miler.

Well I did my hilly race and it was very hilly-so much so that I had to walk up a hill so recorded a 13 minute mile!! Going down was fast with a 7.00 minute mile.It was a lovely sunny evening on the downs & finished the 5.4 miles in 49.05 which I was happy with. Ex Mrs AF finished in 1.05- I even cheered her in!! My ankle held up ok & I have just has some physio- it is shin splints,but, he said I should be ok for running my 15 miler on Sunday. It feels a bit better for some massaging which is pleasing.

I will be taking it fairly easy on Sunday and run with a friend from my club and keep to her pace which is fairly similar to my pace nowdays- she's got quicker and I am slower!!! Lots of water is provided on route as well.

04/07/2013 at 14:22

Hi all

AF, massaging the underside of your foot with a tennis ball (ie stand on and roll it gently) is helpful for shinsplints (and for lots of other problems too - it's a good habit to get into).

I did my coffee and croissant 10m run this morning .  The milk in the coffee and the almond paste in the croissant act as the protein and the pastry in the croissant acts as the carbs, perfect post-training meal .

Going to Battersea later to help marshal a Serpentines event.  Looks like it will be a nice sunny evening.

04/07/2013 at 17:01

well done AF and to your ex as well

13 min miles are pretty normal for me!

beautiful evening here, shame I have loads of tests to mark

04/07/2013 at 21:01

Evening everyone

well done on your race AF and good to know it's not serious enough to stop you running.

Louise, I really need to come and join you on those runs.

Ecky - hope plod and prom dress fixing went well.

We have had a rather highlystrung evening. Last year My Big Girl and No.3 won their school talent show with the duet from Aladin 'I will show you the world'. My twins are at a different school now, but my Big Girl got through the auditions and tonight was the final. She sang 'How do you know?' from Enchanted. She looked stunningly beautiful and has an amazing voice. But all the acts were brilliant and I honestly thought it was too close to call. But SHE WON!!!!!!!

Her prize is a term scholarship at a local theatre school. My No3 girl had made a strawberry cheesecake in faith that we would be celebrating afterwards so we have just eaten and are now trying to get everyone to bed.

The sad bit is that her best friend didn't win and has sent a horrible text message not wanting to be friends anymore. So now she is dreading going into school tomorrow

04/07/2013 at 21:27

Louise I like your thinking

Thanks Boss, only managed just over 1 mile as legs just so sore. Well done on your hilly race, sounds awful.

Mathschick that's such a shame you have to do work.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeey Chillis big girl is a superstar, lest paaaaaaaaaaarty .

Dress fitting went really well too thanks Chilli and only cost a few £ so bonus.

*goes off to find banners, poppers and congratulation balloons.

05/07/2013 at 06:23

Morning!

AF - Well done to you and your ex. Sounds like a tough race. Glad your ankle held up.

Chili - well done again to big girl! Hope she makes it up with her 'friend' at school today.

MC - Hope you got all your tests marked.

Ecky - Ooooo prom dress. How exciting!

Louise - Me too for the coffee and croissant run!

Mrs Noel - well done on your open water swim.

Well, yesterday was cup cake day. They turned out really nice even though I'm rubbish in the kitchen! And were all gone very quickly!

Another 4.5 miler yesterday evening while daughter was swimming. I went to the big park though for a change as it is much more shady and one lap is farther. We have enjoyed a week of really cool weather 26 -29C but it's gonna hot up next week. 

Today, I'm gonna do some more tidying up..... but we hope to go to the 'Foreigners in Bursa' meeting this evening after training, at a nice cafe in the city park.

Have a good Friday!

05/07/2013 at 07:29

Morrrrrrrrrrrrrrninggggggggg!!!!  im baack!!! things been a tad busy but im still here checking up on you lot -someone has to!

ok what have i missed? chili, thats FAB news about your daughter winning the contest!! woohooo! we need pics!! thts so brilliant she will be on cloud 9 all day bless.

ecky hope ya bum stops aching ...im doing Zumba now! omg. it was SOOOOO hot last night and the teacher is a latin american dancer she works us soo hard but i LOVE it!!!!

Boss Boss!! where is your 15miler? not croydon is it? its gonna be a hot one so take care.

franny sis, hope you are taking it easy now and just chillin with the mileage dfter edinburgh.

ooo guess, ive made a decison on my A race for next year now. Im going for NDW100 -decision made, also entries open for NDW50 next saturday so i will be on the submit button early!!

05/07/2013 at 07:31

oo newcomer to thread Mrs Noel? welcome!! i will have to go back apoage and read abt you now. i hope this lot have behaved , they ARE as mad as a box of frogs and i think you will find i myself am the only suitably behaved member here and quiet as  a lickle teeny weeny mouse  * nods knowledgably  *

05/07/2013 at 07:47

Hi Loula! Good to have you back, even if you didn't notice me, lol!. I'd love to try Zumba......My friend teaches it in East London and loves it.

05/07/2013 at 07:57

morning everyone

chili - such great news about your girl. Hope her friend gets over it and makes up though. Maybe you should have a quiet word with the other mum if you know her to try and get things patched up?

loula - great ot hear from you, we need your naughtiness on here! We haven't had any pictures for ages.....

I turboed again last night and it was tough so having a rest day today.

ecky - well done on the prom dress, I am kiind of glad I don't have girls as that kind of thing is NOT my cup of tea at all

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.