Just A Little Bit Further 2013

2,681 to 2,700 of 3,637 messages
10/07/2013 at 08:01

morning everyone

sports day at school today, and I think it is going to be a bit cooler, thank goodness! Cloudy so hopefully not too many kids getting sunburnt - bet they won't bring the hats and suncream I told them to!

10/07/2013 at 09:12

Morning,

MC-I am wating until 2015 so that I can focus next year on doing as many races/marathons as possible to celebrate my big 50 in february. There are a couple of people from my club hitting the same age who are also on a mission!!! 

Chilli- It would good to meet at the start and run together. As far as I am aware the only two Saturday marathons around the SE are the South Downs one- which I would happily do again and the Seven Sisters/Beachy Head in October. I will keep an eye out for events.

Hi Franny,Jude,Ecky...by eck how are you?

A day of rest for me today!!!! 

10/07/2013 at 10:13

MC - enjoy your day

AF - those are two really hard marathons! And you wouldn't want to actually run with me cos I'm so slow Is the Thames Meander Marathon too far away from you? I might put that in my diary for next year. I so enjoyed all the long runs last summer, especially running the whole Ridgeway.

Well, my times from yesterday were very slow. Swim 12:17 for 500m Run 29:53 for 5.5k. But I was 7th out of 16 ladies And gives me something to beat next month.

10/07/2013 at 11:24

Chilli-I am not sure where the thames Meander starts - but I think it could be a possibility.7/16 is the Top 50%- well done.

10/07/2013 at 12:04

Helloooooooooooo everyone

Well done Chilli on your aquathon and brill to be in top half.....well done

Jude...I don't wear compression socks so no ideas on whats best.

AF.you are going to be one busy man  and I am sure you are secretly wanting to be a wannabee member of the 100 mara club.....lol..you are certainly going the best way about it...lol

Went out at 6.45am and did a steady 7.2 miles in 1.03 so very happy with that.

Ooooooooooo not sure if I told you all  about Fionna from my club..She did the ultra international trail championship in Wales at the weekend there as she had been selected for Team GB and she came 10th in the world..she is amazing. The mens team got GOLD and the womens got BRONZE. She covered 46 miles in 7hrs 17 mins averaging 9 or so m/m...

Have a good day everyone and hope you are all enjoying the nice sunny weather.

10/07/2013 at 12:09

Oh Ecky meant to say well done on your 1hrs swim...I too am very slow at swimming and usually only manage about 30 mins..lol..its good for your endurance and will help with your running.

MC..hope sports day goes well and your marshalling day sounded v rewarding but tiring.well done

10/07/2013 at 14:52

Franny-That is a great 7 miler time. An almsot identical pace that I did yeterday. If I do get upto Edinburgh next year to clebrate my big 50 it would be great to go out for a run one day.

10/07/2013 at 16:07

Cheers Boss. I am working hard at getting my speed up and it appears to be working. It would be great to go out on a run with you as there are lots of nice ones very nearby  Glad I went out when I did as it has really hotted up now.

10/07/2013 at 21:01

Nice run Franny

Today's training was a bike ride. Had planned to do it this evening after making dinner. But my No.3 girl asked if she could come too Lovely 2 hours slowly peddingly in the sunshine with my daughter.

10/07/2013 at 21:29

well done on the training everyone

I am trying desperately to keep up with all the outlaw race reports but it is difficult there are just so many

sports day was ok, but a lot of the kids were not interested in supporting the others and were being a bit of a pain so the 2 hours this afternoon were much more tiring and not as much fun as Sunday was

10/07/2013 at 22:34

MC did you do the mums' race?

11/07/2013 at 07:25

Morning!

Chili - well done for your 7th position. Is it going to happen every month? Great! Well done on your bike ride - sounds nice.

Franny - you are getting even faster! As for your friend Fionna - WOW!

MC - We don't have school sports day here as such. Can't be much fun for the teachers. 

Hi everybody else!

Another 4 miles yesterday afternoon after fasting all day. Not fasting for the next 5 days now though because of women's issues. I'll try to get at least one longer run in, in this time.

Daughter has a swimming competition this weekend. They are qualifying races for the summer national competition. She is hopeful.......

11/07/2013 at 07:55

morning all

Mrs Noel - it was sports day at the secondary school I work at. There was  a staff relay but I didn't take part - that is more for the competitive youngsters on the staff!

Jude - good luck to your daughter for the weekend

5.5 miles this morning with hill reps, so the 2 miles after the hill reps were slow and contained a fair bit of walking!

11/07/2013 at 12:43

Afternoon,

I picked up my daughter from school on tuesday and she had just finished sports day. I asked her why she hadn't told me and she said she was worried that I would be all competitive in the parent race!!! She was right.

MC -well done on the 5.5 miles & hill repeats. I was walking up the hills on my 15 mile race as were most people. 

jude-Good luck to your daughter. 

Hi Franny,Ecky,Chilli etc etc

11/07/2013 at 15:02

Hot hot hot

Afternoon all

LOL AF...that made me laugh

MC..well done on your run and hill repeats.

Jude...Fingers crossed for your daughter. Well done on your running but take care too during fasting. Are you permitted time out from it then for womens issues?????

Have a nice day everyone.

11/07/2013 at 18:16

Glad you are all still enjoying the hot weather.

AF - Shame you didn't get your chance to shine at sports day lol!

MC - well done on your hill repeats (yuck!!)

Franny - Yep, (thank goodness) women actually aren't allowed to fast during their period and of course while breastfeeding or pregnant. You are also excused if you are travelling, if you are ill in any way, or if you know that you will turn into a miserable person for a month!!!! lol

Just back from 5 miles but strangely found it harder going than yesterday.

Thanks for the good luck wishes. If she qualifies for the nationals, they are going to be held in Kayseri which is near Cappadocia. (A beautiful and historic place in the centre of Turkey.) It would be great fun to all go as a family to support her. Fingers crossed. Anyway, mustn't count my chickens and all that.

11/07/2013 at 18:21

I have seen pictures of Cappadocia - it looks amazing

well done on your run Jude

I have been to the gym too, but wasn't really in the mood, just did some weights and strengthening and came home for a coffee and crumpets as well as cooking etc etc

11/07/2013 at 18:24

MC, got you, fair one let the others go nuts in the sun!

Well the good news today I booked my wedding. Obviously, this is good on its own but it also means I'm free for Wild Boar if you do it next year!

11/07/2013 at 18:33

when is your wedding???

will probably do it next year, I have heard it is a great race

11/07/2013 at 20:44

April - much earlier than we had eXpected! But we have to go with his leave dates. 

I'm dead excited about the Wild Boar now!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.