Just A Little Bit Further 2013

261 to 280 of 3,637 messages
12/01/2013 at 16:14

DJ So sorry to here about your Mum. My thoughts are with your family.

I am sure your mum will be looking down on you when you do your next marathon. 

Happy Birthday DJ.  

12/01/2013 at 16:25

So sorry to hear about your Mum, DJ - my condolences go out to you and your family.

12/01/2013 at 18:06

Oh DJ, I'm so sorry...

12/01/2013 at 19:13

Ah DJ sending hugs. And I've just lit my candle for your mum and cos it's your Birthday. Planning your next marathon sounds like a great idea.

12/01/2013 at 20:41
Mr by eck and I send our love and prayers to you and your family.
13/01/2013 at 07:43

Just read your sad news DJ.  So sorry. A marathon sounds like a lovely idea.

13/01/2013 at 09:32

DJ just read your sad news-so sorry (((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

13/01/2013 at 12:16

morning everyone

woke to snow, had a lovely 7 miles run/walk. Running still feels a lot harder than it used to, but knee not grumbling too much

13/01/2013 at 12:51

Well done MC! 7 miles in the snow is brill. In answer to your question: I have to go to school on Saturdays because the kids have portfolios.  They show their work to their parents individually and talk about it. I can't get out of it....Last week some of them had extra lessons because they didn't get a good mark in their English exam. (Remember they are 7!! It's crazily competitive here.)

My knee seems almost back to normal already.  It's done a couple of strange clicks and feels a bit weak but I'm not limping or in any pain....??? Not gonna chance a run yet tho.

Son had a lovely b'day yesterday.  He got some more lego and a watch and some new trainers.  He was at the swimming races all day and swam really well.  He got a bronze medal for the relay so he was very happy.

What's the weather like for everybody else there in Blighty, anymore snow?

13/01/2013 at 12:56

Jude - well done to your boy

Good news about your knee too. 

The saturdays sound like a pain, but I guess sometimes you just have to happy to have a job. Are things better in general at this school than at the last one?

13/01/2013 at 12:59

Discipline is better but there is more work.  Colleagues are much nicer here but management is similar to last place.

13/01/2013 at 13:11

Got to admit I'm glad not to be in the snow...although I did have to put a sweater on today.

Good ankle news too!  Ran my 5k last night, reasonably hard and fast - was a bit achey afterwards but no ill effects this morning so physio says I can go up to 9k on Tuesday.  Hooray!

Jude do you have strengthening exercises for the muscles that stabilise the knees?  (Apologies if you said you are doing that already). 

13/01/2013 at 13:30

Well done Louise on your 5k

Well done to your boy Jude you must be really proud of him.

Just back from my longest ever run 15.5 hilly miles on the South Downs. 

13/01/2013 at 13:55

well done Louise and AF

13/01/2013 at 14:14

Well done AF on your longest run ever! Yes, I'm very proud of my boy.

Louise - Good news about your ankle! You must be so pleased. I don't have strengthening exercises and I think that's what the problem is.  I haven't been running very much recently and I think I must have lost muscle tone, therefore joints are vulnerable.

13/01/2013 at 14:18

Good one AF, especially the 'hilly' part!

13/01/2013 at 15:54

Hiya

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

D.J, Im still thinking of you and your family.

Louise, well done on your run. Glad things are improving.

Jude we are snow free at the moment but it is coming later.

Not much running for me today as have been on a course for running leaders. Well it was kind of a catch up really to refresh what we learned and to get some new ideas. I am looking forward to our Thurs sesh now as we have some new and fun activities planned.

13/01/2013 at 16:32

well no snow here for us in Oxfordshire and a bit of a v crappy day BUT i have my new lappy sooooooooooooo let the fun begin with a nice pic for those of you have snow- this would certainly warm me up!!!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/south-korea-army-training-6.jpg?width=350

me up

13/01/2013 at 16:34

* tries not to dribble on keyboard*

13/01/2013 at 16:35

LLB-No No and No. Can't we have some nice pictures of lades please? 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.