Just A Little Bit Further 2013

3,621 to 3,637 of 3,637 messages
28/12/2013 at 11:31

Morning

Its been very windy up here to I went to parkrun this morning.Time was awful coz of the gale force wind blowing in my face on the way back. I wasn't moving at all at one point Ha ha

Well done on your gym session MC Sounds like you have worked your muscles well. I don't know why the rabbit was there as there were a few folk ahead of me.

Louise Good to hear your keeping up the good work f eating cake and going to the gym.

Have a good day everyone.

28/12/2013 at 13:31

franny - weirdly I love running in wind! Hard work but makes me feel great. 

Have done a little turbo session to get the muscles moving and blood flowing! Hopefully I will be able to run tomorrow

29/12/2013 at 11:36

Morning all

Nice day here but alas I am working at 2pm.

MC I don't mind running in the wind either but just not when you are trying to aim for a decent time

Hope everyone is well

29/12/2013 at 12:45

morning all

franny - ah, my secret is that I never aim for a time!! not good enough to be worried about a time, completion of any event is a win for me!!

glutes still killing me and I seem to be sleeping more and more every night - 10 hours last night! Even the kids have been sleeping longer. I am sure it is the dark mornings to blame - when I am at work I don't really notice that it isn't light till after 8 but being off work means that I don't want to get out of bed till it is light! Going to have a few earlier mornings this week though so it isn't such a shock when I go back to work. 

going to have a run or turbo later and hopefully a swim too

29/12/2013 at 15:42

I have absolutely nothing to report cos I haven't managed to do any training all week  Really, really want to and am trying to figure how to get away from the family. I am going nuts!!!!!

29/12/2013 at 17:49

Hi guys!

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas.  Got back from England on Friday and have been busy doing all the normal weekend things.

Chili - Hope your big girl is feeling better now. What a fright for you all.

I had an absolutely wonderful Christmas with my family and missing them all like crazy.  Lots of laughs, food and pressies!  Weather was pretty horrendous though wasn't it?  Managed 2 short runs (one with daughter) and a longish walk with hubby in a gale. Back to work tomorrow and trying not to think about it too much.....although we have Wednesday off for New Years Day.

Yep, absolutely we should have a thread!!! I agree we may get more newbies if we put it in beginners.

Well, hopefully I'll check in a bit more this week.  BFN! xx

29/12/2013 at 20:58

Jude - hope you had a great time over xmas

Managed to get out for a 4 mile run and also a lazy swim - lazy because masters club swimming isn't on this week so I just went to a public session - I don't swim nearly as hard on my own!

30/12/2013 at 15:22

Afternoon

Wet and windy here .Been at work. No running.

Well done on your run and swim yesterday MC

Jude Glad you had a great time at Christmas with your parents. Bet it went really quickly.

Hope everyone is okay and have a good evening

Speak later folks

30/12/2013 at 16:05

afternoon everyone

wet and windy here too, yucky weather!

took the kids to a leisure pool today so they could play on the slides/in the wave pool while I had a swim. They got fed up before I did! Done a turbo session too, so good training day for me - although the turbo session was a functional threshold test and I was nearly crying near the end because it was hard!! 

30/12/2013 at 17:51

Afternoon,

Sorry for my absence been busy! Hope everyone had a great christmas.

Well managed 3 days off from running after marathon! Have run everyday since Boxing Day & have managed 30 miles since christmas.All sorts of weather,sun one day, ice one day, wind & rain also!

Final run of the year tomorrow with a few ladies from the club-although weather forecast is rubbish so some may wimp out!

Chilli- let's put this thread back on the beginners thread to get more people.We can act as mentors as well.

Been making fresh pasta this afternoon with Mrs AF- not sure we will do it again as time consuming!

31/12/2013 at 12:35

Hope the pasta was tasty AF!

I am hoping OH will get home early today so I can have a run in the daylight. If not, I might leave the run till tomorrow morning so I can go offroad in the daylight which is so much more enjoyable than plodding round the streets in the dark.

Happy New Year everyone, I am hoping for a better 2014 in terms of injuries/events etc Hope everyone has a good new year if you are having a party or not (I'm not). 

31/12/2013 at 15:03

Afternoon all

Well done on the extra miles AF....superb and MC for swim and turbo session.

I have not been running just don't seem to be in the mood just now. Should be doing the 4 mile promathon tomoz but  probably won't go as weather to be horrendous plus I aint done any speedy training to speak of so will WIMP out and hope to get back into my proper routine once all this Christmas/new year  malarkey is over and done with.

We are not partying tonight either...don't really like new year Prefer Christmas

Have a good one everyone and hope next year is a happy and healthy one

31/12/2013 at 15:31

Well the pasta was a disaster! Won't be making home made ravioli again- it all fell apart.

Went for my last run with a few from the club 6.5 miles before the heavens opened.Managed to run my last mile for the year in 7.30. Just worked out that I ran 1804 miles in 2013 which is 58 more miles than last year.Will aim to do a similar amount next year.

Happy new year to everyone.

31/12/2013 at 15:46

Good Mileage AF much

My total for the year is a measly 925 miles.....much less than last year.

But better than no miles at all

31/12/2013 at 16:18

Franny fingers crossed that we can do some mileage together if/when I come up to Edinburgh on May 26.

31/12/2013 at 16:44

That's a date AF  You will love the Pentlands Hill Run for that I am sure

31/12/2013 at 20:44

Evening everyone

AF - sorry to hear your pasta didn't work!

I'm delighted to be able to announce that I actually did a run yesterday  First one in 12 days. Felt wonderful despite the very steep hill. Today was just lots of walking including night time walk with two of my daughters through the woods which was great fun. We head home tomorrow but I won't get back into any kind of training routine until they go back to school next Tuesday.

But I have started the new thread! 

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/beginners/just-a-little-bit-further---2014/271099.html

It's over on the beginners forum. See you there!

Happy New Year everyone. xxxx

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3,621 to 3,637 of 3,637 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.