Just A Little Bit Further 2013

361 to 380 of 3,637 messages
17/01/2013 at 09:57

Moooorning.

Just had a little 2 mile hilly run. Brrrrrr Chilli it sure is cold out there. I would stick with pilates.

Morning Franny, no training with Trev yet but I have been carrying him round the house. I need to start on his blog soon. Well done on your 8.83 miles.

Loula are you being very norteeeeee again? We would be worried if you behaved.

Just waiting for my Mum and Dad to visit. I just hope the journey is okay for them.

17/01/2013 at 10:00

Sorry By Eck, didnt see you there. How are the kiddies this morning. No more nose bleeds I hope. Little Ecky has them a lot .

17/01/2013 at 10:33

Franny-Well done on your 8.83 miler and Ecky on your 2 miler.

LLB-It is good to have you being naughty - sometimes!!!! 

7.8 cold miles this morning- nice run and managed to keep going at c 8.00 minute miles throughout the run which is pleasing.

Bye for now....have a good day everyone.  

17/01/2013 at 10:51

Blimey AF that's pretty speedy

Good work all - getting out there in the freezin'

17/01/2013 at 11:27
by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
Our rubbish bin is frozen shut. I've.attacked it with a screwdriver, boiling water and my foot and it's refusing to budge. I've got rubbish that needs to go in!

Of all the things to happen, eh?

17/01/2013 at 11:59
AndyV wrote (see)

Another quality workout AW. Nice one.

Shady_Ady: " I'm going to start using gels on all my training runs now to replicate what I want to do on race day. "

There are much more qualified people to reply on this (eg Ruth) but using gels on all runs does seem excessive. I now only use them (and sparingly) on long LSR's and the occasional very tough speed session. I just fuel beforehand on proper food and get by fine with water. Performance wise this means I get the "kick" from the gel that AW refers to and also, I think, trains the body to rely on existing fat stores.  

Hi AndyV

I agree, don't use them all the time. The point of using the gels on some of your  long runs is practice for race day (or if any run is over 15miles I would think you should use gels or other fuel). Some people have cast iron stomachs and need little practice so you can use gels etc a a couple of times in training and know you will have little problems on race day others need to practise more with them as the stomach can take a while to get used to eating and absorbing when running. The other thing you should consider is if you are going to use gels on runs don't use them for the first 30minutes and stop as you may find you actually hit the wall sooner as you can prime your body  to receive the glucose then you stop and your body thinks "hey where is my next blood sugar fix, you starting teasing me I would be getting some and now ....." so either use them on a long run like you will do racing for example every 30minutes or every so many miles/km.

A.W wrote (see)

Todays Food Diary!

8am - Special k (50g) & Dorset Cereal Berries & Cherries (20g) with skimmed milk. Mug of coffee with skimmed milk.

10.15am - Training. (8.5 miles - 6 x 1000m reps)

11.45am - Rice pudding. (half a big tin)

2.15pm - Rice pudding (half a big tin), 2 pieces of toast and jam. Cup of tea with skimmed milk.

4.30pm - Graze summer berry flapjack and small handful of dried fruit and nuts. Glass of water.

6pm - Small handful of dried fruit and nuts. Glass of water.

7.30pm - butter bean, borlotti bean and vegetable stew, basmati rice with a little bit of cheese on top. Large glass of water.

Dripping feeding carbs at each meal and snack   

17/01/2013 at 12:59
Oooooo, mysterious post!
17/01/2013 at 13:08

I need something like that, but to drip-feed protein opposed to carbs, to help my muscle building goals.

17/01/2013 at 13:54

Yes I quite fancied the flapjack.  Bet the other thread is wondering who stole the meal plan

17/01/2013 at 14:50
Maybe they posted about a huge slice of chocolate cake on there instead
17/01/2013 at 14:53

That is a huge amount of starchy carbs! And light on the salad/veg fresh fruit. Quite high in sugar too. Aren't we all full of curiousity at the mystery post?

17/01/2013 at 15:25

Afternoon

Yes who is our mysterious visitor

Has the wheely bin been opened yet By'eck ??? How is little missy and Moo?

Chili..hope you enjoyed your pilates.

Ecky...well done on your run.looking  forward to reading Trevs blog.

AF...speedy gonzales...well done sir...bows down to his greatness...at this rate your marathon is going to be very speedy and an excellent time

Louise...did you train last night at home..shame on you girl for ducking out due to it being windy...lol...hope all is going well with your injury

Mathschick...good that your knee problems seem to be better now.

Tis still very chilly out there and more snow forecast although not sure we will get any....will just have to wait and see.

Chico had fun down on the beach today...he dug a rather large hole in the sand....lol

i

17/01/2013 at 15:31

So we have a mysterious poster!  

Thanks Franny- I do have a time in mind - but still have never run further than 15.5 miles which I did on Sunday. Will strat going longer in the next week or two.Good to here you are having fun with Chico.  

Ecky-Just remebered who Trev is !

17/01/2013 at 16:25

oo that was a long mystrerious post!! (quite dull in places actually)ill go find out where it came from.

franny well done sis on your run and ecky too!!

we now have snow falling -wonder wht itll look oike tomorrow a.m!!!

17/01/2013 at 17:09

Oooooooooooooooooooo Loula the detective is on the case of finding out who the mystery person is...hope she doesn't get lost or led astray and get up to norteeeeeeeeee things....

17/01/2013 at 17:16

mysterious post, but a bit of a rubbish diet really. Too much sugar

well, drove home in the snow and it is settling, everyone is getting excited about the prospect of a snow day, but I bet school will be open as usual, it will just be a nightmare to get there.

was planning to swim this evening, but I am a bit of a wimp about driving in snow so might not, although I bet there won't be many there in this weather

17/01/2013 at 17:16

They are from the Spring Marathon Paris thread....Loula sis where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuu ???? did you find them too ?

17/01/2013 at 17:34

I imagine the mysterious post is from a parallel universe where eating veg and other fruity bits will lead to short life spans and poor body shapes.  Over in that universe they eat deep fried fatty foods and lots of sugar and chocolate in order to stay healthy.    Hmm .... WWWWWAAAAIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  DON'T LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17/01/2013 at 20:22

yes!!! the ruth woman is one of the trainers/nutrionist typre peoples- but as you say MC, pretty crap diet

17/01/2013 at 20:23

i mean - a whole BIG tin of rice pudding?????????

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.