Just A Little Bit Further 2013

21 to 40 of 3,637 messages
01/01/2013 at 09:58

morning all

welcome Louise and Blisters

well, I started the year with a little 4 mile run, (ok, run/walk) - still building up and trying to get over a knee injury

we are taking reluctant kids out for a walk in the forest this morning - it is  beautiful morning here although a little chilly so better find my gloves and fleece

oh, I would like to crack a sub 60 10K this year, and do a marathon and survive Outlaw Half just to prove to OH that it isn't going to kill me

01/01/2013 at 10:14

Welcome Louise and Blisters!

Just back from 5 miles in the village.

My resolutions are:

1. Keep calm and try to be happy.

2. Not make any running plans because I won't be able to stick to it and that will make me more stressed.

3. Be supportive to hubby while he is looking for a job even if he doesn't look like he is trying very hard.....

4. Be thankful for all the wonderful things in my life.

5. Keep running and enjoying it even if it doesn't happen very often.

AF - Good luck today!

xx

01/01/2013 at 10:33

MOOOOORNING

Welcome Louise. You are in the right place cos we love any cake on here. I must admit Ultra's scare me a bit but our Loula loves em.

*wonders why head hurts soooooooo much*

Right time to throw out all the old and start eating well again. I drank most of my leftover booze last night cos I just couldnt get rid of it. Good job I'm on a rest day.

01/01/2013 at 10:40
I didnt have any alcohol in the house ecks!!!!
01/01/2013 at 10:41
mC!!! Doing ever do a run event to prove to someone else you can do it- has to be for yoooooooo
01/01/2013 at 10:42
I was going to put a nice hunky man pic here to start us off but I can't coz no lappy yet- but I have a plan
01/01/2013 at 10:43
Oh well done everyone on runs today. Oh and I spoke to our lovely phantom yesterday- he's fine just so so tied up with work but he wil b back
01/01/2013 at 10:48

I'm glad our Phantom is good. I miss the old crew. I always wonder what happened to our old Boss, Spartak.

Yes Loula, we need our man pic fix for 2013.

*hops off to get porridge and paracetamol*

01/01/2013 at 10:59
Spartak!!!!!!! Aw yes !!!
01/01/2013 at 11:16

I keep going to last year's thread by mistake.

01/01/2013 at 11:52
Hello and welcome Blisters and Louise

Just a quick check in as I am at work.
Well done to those who have managed their 1st run of the year

My hopes for this year
Main one No more injuries
Sub 4.15 mara sub 4 in my dreams
To get s parkrun Pb
And as ever sub 50 10 k

Going to in laws for new year dinner after work
01/01/2013 at 13:49

just caught up on the old thread - hope you are ok loula

and loula - I am doing outlaw half for me and for fun, but OH does think it will be the end of me! 

had a good walk in the forest with the kids and OH, although they were all arguing about going....

01/01/2013 at 14:08

So this is the new crac towers [looks around].. nice!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Liking the new years resolutions!

01/01/2013 at 14:11

Loula - sending you hugs and love. Take care of yourself hunny.

Rocker, Liz, Big Girl and me have just done a 4.7mile run through the woods in the sunshine! Was wonderful. So good to see our gorgeous Rocker and meet his lovely lady. Was a very tough, slow run cos of all the mud. Got thoroughly soaked and muddy feet. Was my Big Girl's first proper trail run and she did great. Am very proud of her.

Hubby is going to post a photo on here when he can shrink it. And in keeping with CRAC tradition we had lemon cake and flasks of coffee at the end.

01/01/2013 at 15:19

MATTTTT!!!!! *Flies at Matt for New Year hugs and kisses* How are you? We haven't heard from you for a while. How is your knee? Are you running? Any plans for the year. How is your lovely wife and kids?

01/01/2013 at 15:36

Matt - how are you?

chili - sounds like a great day, your girl has definitely made you proud. 

right, off to do a turbo session before I talk myself out of it, as I just feel like lazing about now

01/01/2013 at 16:33

Off out for a run soon. 

01/01/2013 at 17:39

Chili - well done to you and your big girl - sounds like a hard run!

RR - Enjoy!

Matt - Hi!

MC - Enjoy your turbo session. Glad the forest walk was a success.

Franny - some good aims for the year!

Ecky - How's your head?

Loula - sorry, I must've missed your post too.  Hope you're OK. Thinking of you...

Just back from kids swimming.  They got to play water polo, for a change. 

Trainer wants Elif to take all her medals to show the younger ones and inspire them, as they have their competition soon. Him asking made Elif happy.

BFN

01/01/2013 at 17:45

Jude - that is lovely, hope she inspires them and they do well

modern family life - everyone in my house is sitting at a different computer. OH and the boys are playing some game online together though, they are using headsets and mikes to communicate. I think they are going to drive me mad, I had better go and read a book or something to escape!

01/01/2013 at 17:49
Did some running today on LLB's favourite route. It was so muddy I've decided I need a better trail shoe. This mud isn't going to disappear over night.
I currently run in an Adidas supernova riot, but that is a hybrid. Great for going betwsen road and trail but ends up looking more like mud pancakes stuck to a shoe in this stuff. Any suggestions?
21 to 40 of 3,637 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.