Just A Little Bit Further 2013

381 to 400 of 3,637 messages
17/01/2013 at 22:46

Hi all,

Oh the irony of someone posting in this group about food,and no mention of the most important of the food groups.CAKE!!!!

Sorry i've not been around in the last week.It's all been a bit of a blur.I did have a better birthday than i might have had,as we went to some friends for a meal and a drink,and it allowed me to escape my woes for a few hours.I went into work on Monday,just to tie up looseends,but i have had the rest of the week off on compasionate leave.There has been so much to do with helping my Dad and sis organise things,it really hasn't hit me yet.The funeral is on 31st so we have a couple of weeks before we can really begin to try and move forward.It will be so strange without Mum being around.

Thanks for all the kind words and hugs.You are true friends.

Just to help matters,my car failed it's MOT really badly,so i've had to scrap it and buy a new one,which hasn't helped my financial situation any.But my new car is gorgeous.It's a Mazda 323F.It's quite old,but looks really good and goes well.I love it,and i'm hoping to have it for a long time.

After all the problems of recent weeks i haven't done any running,but i'm going to go out at the weekend,and start to get ready to do a marathon in Spring 2014.

I will try and keep up with the thread a little better from now on.

Nighty night.

17/01/2013 at 23:20

So lovely to hear from you AF. We are thinking of you and sending (yet more) hugs - we seem to do a lot of that on this thread too

I know, wasn't the cake ommission shocking?! I could understand eating a whole much more that a whole tin of rice pud!

Car sounds nice... umm... can I be a real girl and ask what colour it is? That's the most important thing in my book

18/01/2013 at 08:09

morning everyone

DJ - good to hear from you, I'm sending more hugs too.

might have to wander to the spring marathon to what other responses that daily menu got!

car sounds nice DJ - but I think I will have to google and see what they look like

no snow day and the kids are going to be a pain constantly asking whether they are going to get sent home. Just hope I get home before the worst of the snow gets here

18/01/2013 at 08:56

Loads of snow falling here.No work as i'm on bereavement leave until Monday,so it's quite nice watching it fall.I may take a walk down to the town later and photograph Romsey Abbey in the snow,although the light isn't looking too promising at the moment.Leaden grey sky does not help a photograph.

Chili the car is bright red.I have to admit i go for colour and looks with a car too.Then how it goes and mundane stuff like reliability.I loved this car as soon as i saw it.

Have a nice day,and be careful out there.

18/01/2013 at 09:14

Hi DeeJay.  Everybody should have a red car some time in their lives! 

I tried to remedy the shortage of cake by (again) tinkering with pictures of my breakfast carrot cake but somehow it ends up a bigger file after I crop it than it starts out!  Anyone know how to shrink JPG files?

Anyhoo, the cake was earned after a 17k run.  Foot felt a little tender during, and fine afterwards (?!).  Still on the ice and exercises but feeling pretty positive.  No snow here but a chilly wind and about 10 degrees at the start.

18/01/2013 at 11:31

Ooooo, red is good!

Snow is falling, schools close at lunchtime, our weekend guests are now arriving early. I wanted to go for a run!!!!!!!! (stomps off feeling grumpy... think I need a good snowball fight!)

18/01/2013 at 12:09

Hi all! Just checking in. No running to report as usual as I have worked until 11 for the last three evenings. Gosh, anybody would think I was running the country rather than teaching a lot of 7-8 year-olds!

Hope you are all enjoying the snow.  It's got warmer here. 

DJ - Good to hear from you.  Hope the light improves enough for you to take some nice photos.

Well better get back to it.  More portfolios tomorrow......but one more week and we have 2 weeks off!

xx

18/01/2013 at 12:26

My wife has just been sent home early from work because of the snow.It's still coming down here.If it continues i won't be taking any pics as the snowflakes ruin the image.I do need to get some snowy shots for a couple of projects i want to do later in the year.I want to do a calender and some Christmas cards.

18/01/2013 at 12:44

DJ-Good to here from you.Hope you can get some nice wintry pictures later.Pleased you got out for your birthday.Enjoy the new car.

Snow bad here and looks like child free weekend is going to be cancelled so I am grump and fed up. I do hate it the way this ocuntry comes to a grinding halt because of the bad weather. Rant over. I sympathise with you Chilli!

Louise well done on your 17k run.

jude-Sounds like you are working very hard at the moment.Hopefully you will get some time to yourself soon. 

Hi Franny,LLB,by eck,Ecky etc etc 

6.15 miles with a few from the club in the snow this morning.

18/01/2013 at 12:49

Afternoon all

Aw nice to have you back with us Deejay and remember we are here for you when you need us.

Well we semed to have escaped the snow for the moment...very chilly frosty bright sunny day...me and Chico have been out for a 2 hr walk...lovely it was. I was at the gym earlier on for weights,core and crosstraining and swim finished off in the jacuzzi for 10 mins ( muscle massage for my ankle of course)

Hope evryone gets home safe and sound today.

AF...seen you have been out for a snowy run with the ladies...well done you.

Jude...so busy later nights for you...hope you manage to get out your run this weekend.

Chili..enjoy the snowball fight

Byeeeeeeeee for now folks

18/01/2013 at 12:51

Hi AF...ooo crossed post...pity about your cancelled child free weeknd...I would be grumpy too..did you have much plannned?

18/01/2013 at 13:14

Hiya

What no cake, that person is on the wrong thread for sure. I think I need a big slice of cake just to get over the fact that someone doesn't eat cake .

D.J your new car sounds lovely and the idea of doing a calendar and cards sounds fab.

Hi Jude, your job does sound tough.

Chilli, I wanted a run too but too much snow. Our Girls were off this morning as they have to travel but little Ecky came home at lunch. Hubby is still out there somewhere in his van as they wont let them come home.

Boss that's such a shame. I love snow but its so disruptive.

Hi Franny, I hope you enjoyed your walk with Chico.

I have walked for miles today. Little Ecky wanted to walk to school and then I walked to work and to get little Ecky at Lunch. It was so lovely walking through the lakes in the snow. I just wana run though.

Right I'm off to have a hot soak as I'm full of a cold too. Im just glad its the same time as the snow so I dont have too much time off running.

18/01/2013 at 13:19

I couldn't cope. Having got the house ready for guests I looked at my watch and saw I had 53 mins before picking up girls. My 5 hilly miles usually takes 52 mins, but school it 2 mins closer than home, so would the extra 3 mins compensate for a thin layer of soft snow underfoot and it hitting me in the face on the downhill section? I decided it wouldn't matter if I were 2 mins late getting to the classroom. SO I went for it! 5 mile run in the snow timed to perfection to pick the girls up.

So not feeling quite as grumpy now. AF - I'll happily rant with you, sorry your weekend is changed.

Now, what am I going to do with 4 hyper girls for the afternoon?

18/01/2013 at 13:43

Totally unimaginative but you could always tell them to go their room and play? My kids spend a long time playing on their own.  Daughter always wants to play schools  and the boys usually oblige coz she's the boss!

Just had supangle which is like cold chocolate pudding - yummy. At least this school gives nice snacks!

18/01/2013 at 15:13

Hi Chili - glad you managed to get out there!  Endorphin starvation is not healthy.

AF - may I know why you are sometimes termed the 'boss'?  Miles in the snow sounds intimidating.  I think I prefer the heat.  I guess I'll just have to adapt.

Franny that sounds like an incredible amount of exercise!

Sorry to hear you have a cold brewing Ecky  look after yourself...

Jude - puuudddinnnggg

18/01/2013 at 15:23

Just pullups for me today - no running as I haven't got any suitable shoes and I'd be concerned about slipping too much as well.

18/01/2013 at 15:27

Louise I think you will have to ask others why I am called the boss!!!  

18/01/2013 at 15:28

Chilli,well done on getting out for your run, You are braver than me.

Thanks Louise. Its all in my head which is annoying.

I am worried about Hubby as he is out there somewhere in his van. I just want to know he can get home safe.

18/01/2013 at 15:39

Well done chilli on habving a timed perfected run.Enjoy your visitors grump free now.LOL

Jude............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pudding sounds yummeeeeeeeeeeee

Ecky...hope your cold goes away quick and hubby gets home safe and sound.

Louise..meant to say well done on your 17k run and yes it sounds alot doesn't it...lol,just back from another wee walk with hi ...only 45 mins this time..ha ha..the weight will be falling off me wiv this puppy walking as well as my other stuff...don't know what i did before we had him. I do just love get out walking too but hipe to take him on some of my runs too.

Oh and AF is da boss coz it was decided ther we needed one to keep us norteeee girls in place...erm don't know who he means  so he keeps us all in check and looks out for any norty talk or misbehaviour  such as posting pics of hot fir hunky men

18/01/2013 at 15:43

hot fit hunky men it meant to read...LOL

RR..get out in the snow ..its brill for running on as long as there is no ice underneath it  and its all soft and fluffy...slush and ice is not so nice...but be careful of your knee if you do go out.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.