Just A Little Bit Further 2013

481 to 500 of 3,637 messages
22/01/2013 at 15:08

Aw Road runner...hope you feel better soon.....kids love to share these things LOL

MC...yes should be interesting what they say to you next week..Now what does a running assessment involve???

22/01/2013 at 15:10

Yes they do, and when an adult collects it, it's nearly always harder to get rid of than when the kid has it... Perhaps because it's a 'second generation virus' or something?

22/01/2013 at 15:39

RR - hope you are feeling better soon

franny - guess I run and she watches and tells me how to improve posture/form. I'll let you know next week!

22/01/2013 at 16:48

RR - get well soon!  Sounds like a nasty virus.

MC - hope the running assessment helps

Hi everybody else! Sorry I've forgotten what has been said. I feel a bit zapped.

Back from school ready for a piano lesson only to find that my student has postponed until tomorrow.  (At least she hasn't cancelled.)

Have a good evening guys! x

22/01/2013 at 16:57

enjoy the extra bit of spare time Jude

planning lessons for tomorrow, I have a student teacher in my year 9 lessons so I feel I need to make them extra special seeing as he is watching me! 

22/01/2013 at 17:20

moo has just shared his strawberries with his sister. it alnost makes up for him now refusing to eat jelly 

RR, hope you feel better soon

22/01/2013 at 17:27

Afternoon everyone. Lovely to read all your news even with sore knees and flu! Hope you feel better soon.

Byeck - how is Moo today?

Its my birthday. Would any one like a piece of parsnip and maple syrup cake? It is absolutely delicious and my favouritist cake but I only make it once a year on my birthday cos it is a bit expensive and the calories are through the roof.

Had a great time at the gym last night. My first circuits class. I couldn't climb the rope to the ceiling . Then did 30 mins on a stationary bike followed by cross trainer. Was great fun.

Today was swim.

22/01/2013 at 17:36

Happy Birthday Chili! Hope you are having a lovely day.

I'd love a piece of cake.  Sounds really yummy.

22/01/2013 at 17:54

Happy Birthday chill

the cake sounds amazing

I wouldn't be able to climb a rope either

22/01/2013 at 18:05

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHILLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

22/01/2013 at 18:48

Happy Birthday Chilli x

RR-Hope you get better soon.

More snow this afternoon a little has settled. Roads could be a bit icy tomorrow. Bored of this weather,

22/01/2013 at 18:55

AF - I am fed up with the weather too, don't think they are bothering to grit the town where I live as the roads are horrendous. Supposed to be getting warmer at the weekend though bring on the mild weather, don't care if it rains. Just need to be able to run again. Actually, the physio didn't tell me not to run, but not going to this week - I am doing a swim clinic on Sunday that I have paid loads for, so want to be in good shape to do that

22/01/2013 at 19:35

Happy Birthday to yoooooo, Happy Birthday to yooooooo, Happy Birthday lovely Chilli, Happy Birthday to yooooooooooooo..Mmmmmmm that cake sounds lovely. We should have a CRAC partay. Well done on the Gym too. I have never been able to clim the rope but always wanted to.

Mathschick, I am fed up too and now my Car wont work as it's been stood for a few days. Its our fault as we really should have started it up more.

Road Runner, I hope you feel better soon.

22/01/2013 at 20:17
Happy birthday chili! The cake sounds wonderful. Hope it doesnt last long.
We have yet more snow.
23/01/2013 at 04:55

Mornin' all.  Belated happy birthday Chili.  As a carrot cake fan I'm guessing parsnip and maple syrup is fab .

RR sorry to hear you are aren't well.

Weather here is misty, typical this time of year - a sign of warmer winds meeting cold air, so lots of road chaos (it's the wrong kind of mist ). 

Less than 2 days to go, just as well 'cos I am fretting at not getting out there but thought it best not to do anything too stupid this week.  Picked up my race pack this week and it was really disappointing - they gave me the wrong sized t-shirt, and that was the only thing worth having since I don't need anti-dandruff shampoo samples and a horrible sweet japanese vitamin drink that went down the drain .  Not a cheap race to enter either at USD120.00.  I think all the cash goes to attract a few elite runners and get some publicity.

AF - sorry if you already said but which mara have you entered?

23/01/2013 at 07:32

MORNUING|!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! louise , which run are you doing?

MC, i feel the same now-just want it to go i really need to run now-im going nuts

franny sis- sorry didnt reply yesterday was crazy day at work and geting to and from in snow and ice

have a good day all-take care

23/01/2013 at 08:01

morning

louise - race packs never really contain anything good, although when you are back in the UK if you can get into a runners world trailblazer there was loads of good free stuff

seems a bit milder this morning and the roads weren't too bad to drive to work, and milder weather on the way for the weekend

23/01/2013 at 08:46

LLB it's the Dubai marathon Friday morning.

Mathschick, I got spoiled when we did out club half-marathon a few weeks ago - nice kit bag, technical t-shirt, mug, towel, water bottle, luminous strip with flashing lights to clip on for night run / ride, skin cream, Gu gels, biscuits - and a medal!  All for less than half the price.

23/01/2013 at 10:17

Morning

Belated happy birthday Chili...sounds like you had a good day...well done on the gym.

Louise...thats sounds like a fantastic race pack by your club....what time does your mara start on Friday??? Good luck will be thinking of you.

MC..hope the running assesment will be useful.

By'eck...Good luck with Moo today..lets hope they come up with the correct plan for all.

Loula..sis...don't worry I guessed you were mega busy..will catch up soon.

Pavements and grassy areas still very icy and treacherous so went to gym for crosstraining.short speed session on the tready and a short swim.

Have a great day everyone..careful if your running.

Ecky..hope your car started ..its a pain when that happens..we have been so lucky with ours and hope our new one lives up to the same

Jude...not long now till the holidays.

AF..I too am fed up with this weather but thankful that my mara training hasn't started yet so no need for me to struggle out in the icy conditions YET.

Hi ,Rocker, Tom,MattPhantom and all.

23/01/2013 at 12:28

Louise-Good luck in your Marathon.Is it your first. I am doing the Brighton Marathon which will be my 1st.

Seems snow is disappering which is good! Rest day today will do 6-7 miles 1st thing tomorrow.

Have  a good day everyone.  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.