Just A Little Bit Further 2013

501 to 520 of 3,637 messages
23/01/2013 at 12:38

Alistair, it is indeed my first - my longest run so far was the 36k training run 4 weeks ago where I injured my peroneals, so I am not racing this one, just hoping to get around reasonably briskly and without re-injury.  At least I managed to train in dry weather, all except one day.  On that day (7 weeks ago) I attempted to drive my car through a puddle that turned out to be deeper than I thought so it has been in the garage since

I see yours is mid-April - the time goes by so quickly!  Good luck with the training.

23/01/2013 at 14:56

Afternoon

Thank you for all your kind wishes .

Byeck - hope you are getting things sorted for Moo.

Ecky - and that you get your car working!

Louise  - all the best with house packing. Shame about the t-shirt. My hubby wears two of my marathon t-shirts cos by the time I'd finished they only had huge sizes left. Such a shame cos they were nice tech shirts.

Well the pavements here are lethal and only the main roads are clear so there is no running. I managed to find a reasonably safeish route for a 7 mile bike ride. But my toes were freezing and it is trying to snow again. Am a bit sick of it now. I only like snow for 2 days then I wish it would disappear until next year! lol

23/01/2013 at 15:15

Hi Chilli, I hope you had a lovely day yesterday. I have fingers crossed that the battery just needs a charge and that we dont need a new one. I am just waiting for the RAC to come out. I have had enough of the snow too as our paths are really icy. It was hard work getting shopping earlier.

By Eck, I have fingers crossed that you get Moo sorted.

Hi Louise

Hi everyone else that I have missed.

23/01/2013 at 16:19

afternoon all, snowing again here but hopefully not too much. take care everyone- its not nice out there.feel like ive been neglecting everyone lately so sorry everbody am trying to keep up with all your news but just dont seem to have much time to keep popping on at the mo :0

really feeling a little frustrated that im not getting out for serious mileage at the mo so i really need to drag Rocker and my lickle bro Wib out for some running on ridgeway.

AF, hows the training going for your mara? how are you feeling about it?

23/01/2013 at 17:11

Louise - getting exciting now.... Good luck and hope your injury doesn't give you any probs.

By'eck - hope little Moo is OK and a plan has been sorted.

Loula - hope you get a nice long run soon.

Chili - well done on your bike ride.

AF - Hi trainee marathoner... Sounds like you are getting excited about it already!

Ecky - Oh no to car trouble!  Hope it's something that can be fixed quickly and cheaply.

Hi to everybody else!!

Just got the news that the kids have passed their piano exams.  Cem got a merit for grade 1 and Elif passed her grade 5.  So pleased for them as they both worked very hard. They have got their next exams in April/May: Elif - grade 3 violin and Cem - grade 1 guitar.

Student has postponed piano lesson again.  It's now on Friday. Hubby and I are going to a concert tomorrow. Walton's viola concerto and R. Strauss's Death and transfiguration.  Sounds depressing but should be good....

Bye for now lovely people...xxxx

23/01/2013 at 17:56

Loula we know that life is challenging at the moment, so don't fret about us. But just know that we are here and sending hugs to you.

Thanks Jude for a 'well done' on my bike ride but I really needed to do 20 miles not 7! Am very frustrated with the weather. Enjoy your concert and congratulations to your youngsters.

23/01/2013 at 18:02

7 miles is better than none and good on you for getting out in the cold.

23/01/2013 at 18:09

aw chili, thanks. it really helps knowing i have my 'run family' to come home to

am really needing a long run so we will all have to get together and do one soon

23/01/2013 at 18:26

Awwww Loula, like Chilli said, we are here if and when you need us. Friends can always pick right up where they left off even if the are not in contact all the time.

Jude, Well done to your kids,they are amazing.

Just had RAC man round . I'm glad hubby was here to save me from the lecture. RAC man started the car up straight away and told Hubs that I had flooded the engine. Errrrrrrm, I think that was actually Hubby that did that and not moi . Good news is that it didn't cost us and the car is working perfect.

23/01/2013 at 18:51

evening all

ecky - glad your car is ok

louise - how exciting about friday, good luck fpr it and make sure you get lots of rest tomorrow

loula - hope you are ok, don't you worry about us!

chili - it is early days - so don't worry about mileage, there is loads of time, you don't need to do 20 miles in this weather

haven't done any exercise for a few days now, had a really long day at work and not really going to have chance this evening so will have to make sure I have an early night and get up early and go on the turbo

23/01/2013 at 19:04

Moo will be seeing the doctor and the dietician tomorrow to determine how we go forward.  He's been bouncing around at the bottom of the charts for 3 years now, and now he's dropped off the chart, I'm really hoping that they can do something to get this sorted for good.  The current position is totally unsustainable medium to long term.  Hell, its not even sustainable short term.

23/01/2013 at 19:14

mr by eck - hope you and by eck finally get somewhere with the drs/dieticians, must be such a frustrating and worrying time for you

24/01/2013 at 09:06

Morning

Jude...congratulations to your youngsters..you must be a proud mummy.

Loula...........sis.............like the others said we are hear for you hunny (((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

By'ecks...hope you manage to get it all sorted out today and more importanly that them doctors losten to you.

Louise...good luck for tomorrow...will probabaly not get back on in time to wish you it for the morning so getting in with it now...will be thinking of you...have fun

Ecky..glad the car was only "flooded" why do mechanics always assume its us womens fault when a car goes wrong...lol good news that it didn't cost you. How are you feeling now????

Speak later folks

xx

24/01/2013 at 09:27

Morning!

Ecky - good news about the car.

MC - Hope you have a good day. Wish you lived closer then we could do some training sessions together.

Loula - I haven't run more than 10 miles since Abo. But I know you have to train up for your Ultra's and I would love another day on the Ridgeway, but I'm going to have to train up for that!

Mr & Mrs Byeck - really do hope you get somewhere today at the hospital. It must be such an anxious and frustrating time.

Louise - very exciting about your marathon tomorrow. 

Oh No!  We haven't had a CRAC team cheerleading practice in a while and we have to get to Dubai tomorrow for Louise? Who has the plane? What costumes are we going to wear? How will we manage the pyramid without Matt around? LOULA!!!!! WE NEED YOU!!!!!

Today I have a nice day. My pilates class later this morning and then after lunch my birthday present - 90min massage and hot stones therapy

24/01/2013 at 09:34

morning

knee dodgy so no exercise yet today, but I am definitely swimming later

chili - I am not sure where you live but I think it is quite a long way. I am still nervous about going out on my road bike, but I am not really going to go out until the weather is better

by ecks - good luck today

chili - sounds like a lovely day, hope you enjoy the massage

24/01/2013 at 11:34

Chili - hope you have a lovely day!

By'ecks - Really hope you find a solution for Moo.

MC - Enjoy your swim.  Be careful with your knee.

Louise - Good luck! Enjoy! x

Ecky - Glad to hear about the car.

Franny - How's you?

Hi to everybody else!

Busy busy here and I shouldn't really be catching up with you all.....

BFN x

24/01/2013 at 13:23

Afternoon all,

Louise-Good luck on your debut Marathon. You will do us proud. We always like a reace report after the event.Especially as this is your CRAC team debut.

Chilli-Well done on your bike ride & I think you should get the cheerleaders outfits rady for Louise.

Loula-my training is going fairly well- not really following a plan- but did a hilly 15.5 miles the Sunday before last and 11.2 miles on Tuesday. Am intedning to build up my Tuesday runs so next week 13 and then 15 etc. Also lokiley to do some long club runs and at least one 20 mile race in March.Just need to have the confidence that I can go the distance! I know times aren't the best for you at the moment,but, it is always great to hear from you and you know we are all here for you.

Jude-Well done on your kids for passing the exams.

Mr byeck-thanks for the updates we are all routing for you.

Ecky-Don't worry about the car I know nothing about cars!!! 

Hi Franny,MC etc

6.5 miles this morning a bit icy but pleased to get some fresh air as have been feeling a bit unwell over the last day or so. 

24/01/2013 at 14:49

afternoon all!!!  Chiil, when is your next event? is it outlaw again? yes i would love a ridgeway run again-can do as little or as much as you like, i fancy the ivinghoe stretch again, can do out and back if  easier? you will be fine, its amazing how you get right back into it.

ecky, glad about the car-phew. and yeah mechanics always look at you like its something YOU have done to it!like ,yeah.

by eck , i really feel for you, is so frustrating for you that nothing seems to change or no new answersit does seem as though its all just short term stop gaps doesnt it. (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

MC, are you doing an event with chili? outlaw?

boss, your training is going well, i hope you stay injury free -be careful in this weather!

franny sis (((((((((hugs)))))))))))) fanks , im fine and looking forward to finding a new house and moving so i am all ok dont you worrybrighter things on the horizon

louise!! GOOD LUCK for tomorrow!!!

RIGHT GANG- WE NEED A GROUP CHEERLEAD PRACTISE PRONTO!!! *trots off to find lurid lycra ,pom poms and nip tassles...for the boys, natch*

24/01/2013 at 14:50

oo chili how did massage go? never ever had a massage OR hot stone therapy!

and thank you all for your lovely words -you are all fabby

24/01/2013 at 14:54

*does backflippy type move and crashes into Loula*

Hiya, now where did I shove them Pom Poms......... BO-OSS have you seen them. Nip tassles, well remembere Loula, ooh I think the sticky has come off mine, I need some new ones

Phew yes relief about the car but cant believe I was going to get the blame. I told Hubby we need to go on a Car maintanence course.

GOOOOOOOOOOO LOUISE.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.