Just A Little Bit Further 2013

621 to 640 of 3,637 messages
31/01/2013 at 21:46

Evening.

Byeck - hope you get some sleep tonight and prayers for your little lad too.

Jude - only managed the pilates class cos I ended up having too much work to fit in the swim.

But my teens are all really keen to do the 5k Radlett run again this May Well, 3 of them are and intend to bully the rest into it.

01/02/2013 at 07:41
Wahey! That's brilliant chili

When are we getting together for a crac run?
01/02/2013 at 07:48

soon ! soon!

01/02/2013 at 07:56
I am planning a run this afternoon. Hmm, think it needs to be 10-12 miles, then a 8 miler tomorrow
01/02/2013 at 08:02

morning

by eck - hope you get your run in

chili - good that your teens are into exercise

01/02/2013 at 08:16

Morning

Hope you get your run in By'eck.

MC...think it takes a long time to change foot strike and thingd will twinge at first.

Well I am going running with some ladies from the running club today up in the hills...eek hope I can keep up wiv em......doing about 9 or so miles

Speak later...have a good day.

01/02/2013 at 09:47

2.5k on the treadmill last night before gut issues prevented further progress.  

Hope all went OK yesterday, DJ.

01/02/2013 at 12:15

Afternoon,

Franny-Hope your hilly 9 miler was good. I am sure you had no problem keeping up with the other ladeis.

Chilli-Well done on getting teenagers exercising. Seems a very difficult thing to achieve these days. You are an inspiration.  

byeck-Hope you get out for your planned runs.

LLB-You are very quiet at the moment. Hope all is ok and yes you can be naughty again as it is the weekend!

6 miler this morning in preparation for my 10k race on sunday.  

01/02/2013 at 12:34

Hello all

Finished with the mega-pack so can relax a bit now

Franny - 9 hilly miles sounds excellent; By'eck and AF you are racking up the mileage!  I had a bit of a lazy post-mara week, took part in a fun relay this morning.  Could only manage just under 6mins a k, legs still a bit sluggy.  But there was a lot of chocolate about.

Speaking of which, yesterday I had date and chocolate cake but it was so sweet I left a bit.  This is still bothering me  wasting cake is just WRONG.

01/02/2013 at 12:38

Boss, to counter Lou's spreading of dirty man pictures, I present to you a 23 yeaar old (suspended) US teacher in nearly all her glory.  

The pics are probably work safe.  Unless of course you are the teacher who is the subject of the photos.  

http://www.click.ro/bbtcontent/clipping/CLIIMA20130131_0097/5.jpg

http://whatmenaresayingaboutwomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Crunk-hot1-female-maths-teacher.jpg

Edited: 01/02/2013 at 12:45
01/02/2013 at 14:02

Now Mr byeck that is so much better. I wish others took note and produced repectible pictures like this! 

01/02/2013 at 14:56

Louise - leaving a piece of cake is so very, very wrong. But its interesting you should bring up the subject because I have had two very unusual experiences this week.

1. I ate a piece of cheap mass-produced presevative full carrot cake and couldn't bare a second mouthful (fed it to the kids instead!)

2. Last night we had a M&S lemon tart (short dated and thus reduced) for pud. It was too sweet! I felt a bit sick after my slice.

Do you think there is something wrong with us? Are we still worthy to be members of the CRAC team?

In my defence the fat free, wholemeal fruit cup-cake I made myself and ate at lunchtime, tasted perfect

01/02/2013 at 15:46

serves her right if she was suspended

01/02/2013 at 16:09

Rather harsh, Lou.  My guess is that she kept the kids attention in all her classes...

01/02/2013 at 17:04

I am with Mr byeck on this one!! Loula you still need to redeem yourself.

01/02/2013 at 17:25

loula - we need some balance here

chili - I don't like mass produced cake much, compared to home made it just isn't nice. And I really don't like cakes covered in all that sweet buttercream stuff - eg cupcakes where there is more buttercream than cake. 

01/02/2013 at 17:36

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all your kind words,thoughts and hugs.Yesterday went as well as these things can do.A nice service,a good turn out,lots of tears but some happy memories too,and it was nice to see some friends and family i haven't seen for a while.

Going to go for a run on Sunday to get back into the swing of things.Better get the Garmin charged and check on the kit.I have only run once since the middle of October,so it's going to be tough.

I think a song for today should be Van Halen with ''Hot For Teacher'',which totally fits with the pics posted by Mr By'Eck

I love all types of cake including those smothered in sweet buttercream stuff.I have a very sweet tooth. 

01/02/2013 at 18:29
A friend and I went to a really nice tea room for lunch. We had soup, followed by scrummy cake and pots of lady Winchester tea.
Sadly it meant I didn't get my run in. But spending time with friends is very important
01/02/2013 at 18:38

by eck - yep, spending time with friends very important, sounds like you had a lovely time. 

01/02/2013 at 19:13

DJ-Good to here that all went well & you are about to go running again. Good luck & I will have to check that song out.

byeck-Always another time for a run. Never tried Winchester tea before.

Step children have gone so Chinese meal with Mrs AF tonight.

Hi MC- Any good music tips at the moment? Need to discover something different. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.