Just A Little Bit Further 2013

661 to 680 of 3,637 messages
02/02/2013 at 17:20

the rock and roll half sounds like a lot of good fun. Maybe I will suggest a little trip to Edinburgh next year - OH will be up for it, but not sure about the funds as we are about to get our bathroom done up (it has needed doing for years) and is going to cost a fair bit because of the amount of work that needs doing, can't wait much longer to do it, as loo doesn't work properly, black mould everywhere because the walls weren't done properly.... you can only keep on top of it with so much bleach but it keeps coming back!

ecky - yeah, I put on weight really easily too

02/02/2013 at 18:00

Mathschick, a new Bathroom sounds exciting. I hate mould and we seem to be getting a lot of it since we had the cavity wall insulation. Its round the windows, mind you they need replacing as they were years old when we moved in. As for weight, I am always shocked on Supersize versus Superskinny as they only seem to put 4-7lb on in 8 weeks. I could do that in 2 weeks easy.

02/02/2013 at 18:40

I hate spending the money on the house though when there are exciting holidays to be had....but sometimes living conditions come first! we have just been through the bathroom cabinets and thrown away all the stuff that has been there for years without being used....

02/02/2013 at 18:52

February
3 AF - Chichester 10k

March

2 Franny - Arbroath Smokies 10 mile ladies race.
Eckytump - Fradley 10k
10 AF - Worthing 20
24 Franny - Grangemouth Around the houses 10k

April
7 Mathschick - Sussex Marathon (ok, looking very unlikely now, but maybe I will back running and able to drop down to the half mara)
12th Franny - Edinburgh Rock and Roll Half Marathon
Loula - Compton 40
14 AF - Brighton Marathon
21 Eckytump - London Marathon
21 Mathschick - David LLoyd Sprint Triathlon
25/26 Chilibean - 100 mile Cycle to Cambridge & Back over 2 days
27 Mathschick - 5k swimathon

May
5 Mathschick - Southwell Sprint Triathlon
6 Chilibean - 5k Radlett Rotary Run leading Rosedale Runners
Byeck & Loula - North Downs Way 50
26th Franny - Edinburgh Marathon

June
2 Chilibean - Half Iroman Outlaw Triathlon
22 Byeck - Giants Head Marathon
22 Mathschick - Dambuster Standard distance triathlon

July
22 Mathschick - Woodhall Spa Sprint triathlon
23 Mathschick - great Notts bike ride

August
Loula - pacer for another runner in his 100 miles
24 Loula - Ridgeway 85
24 Chilibean - Thames Meander Marathon

02/02/2013 at 18:55

thanks chili

02/02/2013 at 18:55

Please look over the above list. Have I got everything right? Have I missed anyone? That is an impressive list for the CRAC Team. Wow! We are certainly not beginners any longer

I had planned a family bike ride to a park. But despite the sunshine it was only 2C with a bitter wind. So we went swimming instead Am very pleased with my week of training.

02/02/2013 at 20:46

seeing as our Rocker is otherwise engaged i can vouch that he is in NDW50

02/02/2013 at 21:14

Wow Chilli, thats an impressive list. Thats more races than we have ever had on here.

03/02/2013 at 06:02

I'll just put me back in .  Is it because I didn't eat all my cake? 

February

3 AF - Chichester 10k

22 Louise - Abras 10k

March

2 Franny - Arbroath Smokies 10 mile ladies race.

Eckytump - Fradley 10k

10 AF - Worthing 20

24 Franny - Grangemouth Around the houses 10k

30 Louise - Two Oceans (Cape Town) 56k

April

7 Mathschick - Sussex Marathon (ok, looking very unlikely now, but maybe I will back running and able to drop down to the half mara)

12th Franny - Edinburgh Rock and Roll Half Marathon

Loula - Compton 40

14 AF - Brighton Marathon

21 Eckytump - London Marathon

21 Mathschick - David LLoyd Sprint Triathlon

25/26 Chilibean - 100 mile Cycle to Cambridge & Back over 2 days

27 Mathschick - 5k swimathon

May

5 Mathschick - Southwell Sprint Triathlon

6 Chilibean - 5k Radlett Rotary Run leading Rosedale Runners

Byeck & Loula - North Downs Way 50

26th Franny - Edinburgh Marathon

June

2 Chilibean - Half Iroman Outlaw Triathlon

22 Byeck - Giants Head Marathon

22 Mathschick - Dambuster Standard distance triathlon

July

22 Mathschick - Woodhall Spa Sprint triathlon

23 Mathschick - great Notts bike ride

August

Loula - pacer for another runner in his 100 miles

24 Loula - Ridgeway 85

24 Chilibean - Thames Meander Marathon

03/02/2013 at 06:28

Morning all!

Morning Louise! I'm sure it was an oversight! How are you this morning?

Well, an impressive list indeed.  Feel a bit sad that I can't race, or train.....etc. Hubby has had a couple of interviews but no luck with a job yet.  Until my load is lightened I can't see myself training more than twice a week.  Woke up with a blocked nose and a wheezy chest so I may have another day off and try for a run tomorrow.  It's a shame that when I can run I'm under the weather. Daughter doesn't want to go swimming training this morning either.  Her stomach muscles hurt.  I think she might have overdone it this week with 2 days double training.

Anyway, enough moaning! It's a very sunny day and weather forecast says it may reach 19C. Haven't had much snow this year. (Last year we had weeks of the stuff!) Going to a late breakfast at m-i-l later. Hubby is pruning nectarine trees at the mo. 

Have a good day everybody!

03/02/2013 at 07:50

morning

Jude - racing isn't important, getting out when you can and enjoying it is far more important. (well, after the family but that goes without saying), so do what you can, enjoy it and tick over until circumstances change

off to a triathlon training day today - the theme is nutrition and injury prevention, need to try and get my bike and swiss ball in the car...might have to try to find the thing that takes the plug out of the swiss ball so I can deflate it to fit it in

03/02/2013 at 09:23

MOOOOOORNING

Awwwwwwww Louise, I'm sure it's not on purpose although next time young lady, you must eat ALL your cake . I would have left it too though if it was far to sweet. I'm not sure if I would have managed it all either. 56k, wow thats some distance.

Jude, you will soon be back into it. I know what its like for life to get in the way. I was so determined to do my 40 races but it's not going to happen so I need to think of plan B for my Big Birthday.

Hi Mathschick, enjoy your training day. I agree to about spending money on the house instead of Holidays. We are not having one this year as we have so much work that needs doing urgently. Its not even for just cosmetic reasons so cant really avoid it.

Right I better get ready for my run with my teamie. Have a great day everyone.

03/02/2013 at 12:44

MC - hope you are having fun at your training day and Ecky - hope you had a good run.

Well, it's t-shirt weather here! It's at least 22C and we have been in the garden - very strange but nice!

03/02/2013 at 12:50

Hi Jude, Thanks. Im just back from just over 7 with my friend. We had a lovely run along the canal and chatted all the way. I know I should be up to 12-13 on the weekends by now but things just keep getting in the way

I wish it was warm here, its freezing.

03/02/2013 at 14:02
Afternoon

Wonder how the Boss got on at his 10k race Speedy as ever I bet and a PB ?

Enjoy training day MC yay come to Edinburgh we could have a crac outing at the rock and roll
Ecky good going with your training
I went out and did my 4miles as per schedule but again faster than it stated lol it just felt right to run at that pace
Jude. Your lucky to have warm sunshine hope hubby gets a job soon
Hope everyone is having a good day
03/02/2013 at 15:12

Afternoon,

Sadly yet again I failed to break 45 minutes - 45.30 this time (mile 4 was too slow at 7.42 for some reason). Never mind.

As many of you know I am doing the Brighton Marathon and have just launched my Just Giving page. I have been in contact with Ecky to explain as to why, for this race I have decided to support Macmillian as a charity.Sadly over the last coupled of months two well known people linked to Sussex Cricket have died of cancer as well as someone I know of via work. As I have already supported Cancer Reseacrh in the past I thought I would support Macmillan this time. I will still make donations to Camerons' smile as and when I can. 

Hope everyone is having a good day.

03/02/2013 at 15:39

Fabby Charity Boss. Do you have the link so I can sponsor you. Yeeeeeeeeey you is doing a Marafun. Sorry I didn't realise you were racing this weekend. That's a brilliant time too.

Thanks Franny and well done on your run.

I just want to say that I am so grateful for the support I have for Cameron's Smile but I dont want anyone to ever feel bad for supporting other Charities. I am just happy that I have made such amazing friends on here

03/02/2013 at 15:50

40 minutes cycling - thigh nearly cramped after 35 minutes, but I dropped the resistence and took it easier.  100 rpm cadence consistently through the whole thing, and covered 20km on a random (i.e. simulated hilly) route.  Which I'm pretty pleased with.

03/02/2013 at 16:05

Well done Mr By Eck, you should be pleased with that

03/02/2013 at 16:15
Eckytump link is on Facebook - not sure I know how to put one on here!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.