Just A Little Bit Further 2013

681 to 700 of 3,637 messages
03/02/2013 at 16:26

Opps! I am so very sorry Louise. It was a genuine oversight. Thank you for putting yourself back in

AF - sounds good. Well done on your race even if you didn't get the time you wished.

Rest day for me today. Have trained 6 days this week which is pretty good for me. Hoping I'm now strong and fit enough to do so each week. Spread between bike, swim, run, pilates, bit of weights.

03/02/2013 at 16:39

Thanks Boss. I saw it was on there so will do it asap.

Chilli, sounds like you deserve a rest. I need to very my training again as I'm only running at the moment. I may get a fitness dvd so I can do stuff at home as I just dont have the time to go to any classes.

I finally got my CRB sorted for the running group that I lead. I am wondering about setting up group up at the school for parents as I am now insured to go off on my own. It will just be voluntary and I wont be charging, I just want to help others run and feel fabby.

03/02/2013 at 18:17

well done boss!! thats a fab time -still faster than i can ever do lol!!

03/02/2013 at 18:48

boss - well done that is a brilliant time

training day was good but I am a bit tired now. Don't want to miss the club swim tonight though, I think I need to be doing a coached session each week and it is the only chance I get to go to a coached session. Have eaten a good meal though so that should fuel me through the swim and then hopefully I will get a good sleep tonight, monday already tomorrow

03/02/2013 at 19:09

AF - well done, Boss! Brilliant time as usual!

MC - well done on doing your training day and then doing a swim!

Chili - well done on your 6 days training!

Mr By'eck - well done on your bike session!

Franny  - well done on your fast 4 miles!

Gosh, lots of well dones! Sorry if I've missed anyone!

We are taking it easy here in the Yazicilar household as it seems I've 'shared' with all my kids though hubby is still sneeze free. 

Have a good evening! x

03/02/2013 at 19:11

Ecky - Well done on your cold 7 miler.  How many weeks do you have left before your marathon?

03/02/2013 at 19:35
6 miles for me. The batteries on my torch started to go, I forgot a water bottle and my socks were rubbing. So I decided to come home and run tomorrow
03/02/2013 at 21:37

Oh No Jude, I hope everyone is better soon.

By Eck well done on your 6 miler. I hope your feet are not too bad.

03/02/2013 at 21:57

by eck, well done on getting out even if you had planned longer, 6 miles is good

Jude - typical, being ill in the holidays. Wish we had your warm weather!

03/02/2013 at 22:42

Here's something to send you to bed smiling.  Sumo solo?!  OUCH!  Haha

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=208398102637079

04/02/2013 at 05:51

Hello all

Jude, sorry to hear you are poorly.

I feel deeply ashamed after reading about everyone's achievements in the cold weather...AF - fantastic time.  I dream of my first sub 60min 10k (hoping to crack that one this month). 

MC - respect - doing all that training and then going for a swimming session, and Chili, well done on a 6 day training week - wow.  By 'eck, 6 miles in the cold...it rained here a bit on Saturday and I wimped out of a time trial run.  How will I cope with UK weather .

I am staying with friends on and off until I move to London in April.  My lovely flatmate bought some kind of poppyseed cake and left it out for me this morning.  I looked at it resolutely, ate my normal toast / cheese breakfast.  And then demolished the cake.  Glad that's over with.

But I did manage a 12k 'easy' run yesterday evening, so getting into the swing of the final 8 week training for TO.  45 mins easy hills today.  This is a challenge, becaue Dubai is FLAT FLAT FLAT.  I am reduced to finding long flyovers to run up and down and it's really boring (but not cold).

04/02/2013 at 06:13

Morning All

Hi Louise...enjoy your hilly run..lol...yes sounds pretty boring...hills are hard enough but they are better if real  Enjoy

Well done AF on your speedy time..very very fast..sen your link and will sponsor you..

Get well soon Jude.

Off to work i go.......byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

04/02/2013 at 07:33

Morning all!

Just checking in. 

We may be off to the cinema today....Still too wheezy to run....but enjoying having no work.

Have a good day. x

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 07:49
04/02/2013 at 13:09

Thanks everyone for their nice words.....still frustrated that I seem to be unable to post a sub 45 minute 10k. Will try again when I next do a 10k in May.

No running today...but aiming for an epic tomorrow morning.

Well done on all those who have been out on the roads yesterday and today.

04/02/2013 at 13:50

Fly overs! That must certainly take some determination.

My week has started well with a bike ride this morning. Bit windy but lovely sunshine. Am hoping to make it a double and do a run this eve.

Jude - enjoy your hols Hope you are all feeling better.

04/02/2013 at 14:02

Hiya,

AF great race.Only just out,so you'll break 45 soon i'm sure.The most likely time will be about 4-5 weeks after your marathon,when you still have all that training in your legs.That's when i got my PB.And it gives you something to focus on post marathon.Try and find a flat,fast race and smash that barrier.

I hope you all didn't the Van Halen song and associated video too sexist,but it did seem kind of appropriate.

Loads of racing coming up this year by the looks of it.Another busy year in CRAC Towers.

I'm afraid my running plans were scuppered by an awful cold which i woke up with yesterday morning.Instead of jumping out of bed as intended,and putting on my running shoes,i crawled off in my slippers searching for some Beachams.I took today off work as i feel awful,and i don't want to repeat last year,when a nasty virus piggybacked in on a cold virus that i tried to soldier on with,and temporarily weakened my heart.I couldn't run properly for ages,and it was 4 months before i was back to normal.

I will try and get back out next weekend.I have no definate races to aim for yet,but i am itching to get going.

04/02/2013 at 15:11

Hiya,Mr Chilli that's brilliant but Ouchie indeed.

Louise, well done on your run and eating all your cake .

Hi Franny

Boss you should still be really chuffed.

Chilli well done on your bike ride and running later too, that's some dedication.

Awww D.J sorry that you have an awful cold. I hope you feel better soon.

Running later with the Dance Mums and then a longer run tomorrow.

04/02/2013 at 15:44
DeeJay8 wrote (see)

I'm afraid my running plans were scuppered by an awful cold which i woke up with yesterday morning.Instead of jumping out of bed as intended,and putting on my running shoes,i crawled off in my slippers searching for some Beachams.I took today off work as i feel awful,and i don't want to repeat last year,when a nasty virus piggybacked in on a cold virus that i tried to soldier on with,and temporarily weakened my heart.I couldn't run properly for ages,and it was 4 months before i was back to normal.

The ol' one-two, eh?  Yep - I had something like that a few years back (before I took up running) which resulted in a really bad lack of energy and bouts of light-headedness.  5k?  I could barely manage a couple of circuits round a room on a horse's head-on-a-stick to entertain my nephew!  That took ages to go away and I hope it never comes back!

Hope you get well soon anyway.

Dumbells will be here in a few days so will be pumping some real iron, as opposed to using a machine.  It'll be interesting to see what the differences are as far as results go.

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 15:47
04/02/2013 at 16:56

Afternoon

Back from work and went out for my sheduled 4 mile run which were done in the wind,rain,halistones ,snow and a bit of sun...lol.....I am mad mad mad but feel a great sense of acheivement at getting out there and not wimping out.

deejay...hope you feel better soon and your cold goes away.

Enjoy your run kater Ecky

Boss..enjoy your rest day and yes you still should be chuffed wiv your time but I know how frustrating it must be for you as you are almost there and can taste the glory of that sub 45.

Jude..hope the cinema was good and that you feel better soon too.

Have a good evening everyone

04/02/2013 at 17:41
I'm finally back from walking all the girls home from our kids club. We pick them up from school, snd walk them home after. Its a good couple of miles by the time we get home. I'm hoping for a run when Mr by eck gets home. It is very cold out but my jacket is nicely warm
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.