Just A Little Bit Further 2013

861 to 880 of 3,637 messages
12/02/2013 at 11:50
mathschick wrote (see)

mr by eck - get yourself a proper training plan, you can't just suddenly 'see how far I can go' without ending up injuring yourself

Where do I get one of those then?

And Lou, I like all of the shoes you put up, until you started on the running high heels things.  Not doing it at all for me.

Hoping to get the Mrs out in her new dress and some nice heels on Wednesday, but she is resisting all attempts, despite looking gorgeous in it.

Edited: 12/02/2013 at 11:51
12/02/2013 at 11:51
See the red tab that says "training". There are lots on there.
12/02/2013 at 12:56

Had a look, and there isn't really one that is suitable for me for the 5k.  I'm past the beginner point, but can't do a 4 day training schedule, unless I were to go out running at lunch time, which is a possibility, but there are lots of people around and I'm still 'outside' body concious.  I can deal with gyms because there are people in there bigger than me.  But in London, everyone's slim and beautiful, or at least everyone that is out running is.  And regrettably, I'm not.

12/02/2013 at 13:00
You only think that because you're male and notice the women
12/02/2013 at 13:18

Hope you feel better soon By'eck.

Well done on your run and gym Franny. 

Great going with the swimming MC.

Nice shoes Loula but I wouldn't like to walk in them.

Have to stay at school tonight for beginning of term meeting. Won't be home before 7.30...

BFN x

12/02/2013 at 13:20

LLB-What a lot of sexy shoes- mind you I am more of a boot man!!!!   

Mr byeck- I never go to gyms - but perhaps I may need to join a London one!!

I must look at a training plan for a mrathon as I am on a DIY one at the moment!

Did 14.2 miles in 2.05 this morning - still trying to slow my pace down- I am apparently doing 16 miles on Friday with the club as well. Will be good as I am away with Mrs AF at the weekend.As it's her birthday tomorrow and mine on 26th. Must remeber to give her the right card tomorrow- she has in the past had two valantines cards and no birthday cards and vice versa!!!!!   

12/02/2013 at 14:39

Well done on your 14 miles AF and goodness another long run on Friday...amazing  well done...lol about the cards..thats funny.Are you going somewhere nice and romantic?

Aw Jude..thats so not fair having to stay behind for a meeting. Booooooooooo

Yes Mr By'eck..you must get By'eck to get all dolled up for your night out....Where you off to ?

12/02/2013 at 15:00

Helloooooooooooooo

Hiya Franny, training has not been great but Im back on it now.

Hiya Chilli and Mr Chilli.

Loula, fabbie shoosies.

Hi Mr By Eck and By Eck

Boss that's a lot of miles. Hope the training is going well. I will sponsor you when my pennies come in.

Jude that is a lovely piccie of you and your family.

Well I'm hoping to have a bit more time now and less stress. I have been struggling to do my LSR on a weekend so went out today with the idea of doing 2 hours and accept whatever mileage it was. I managed 11 miles so I was really pleased although some of the Canal was muddy and my lovely wonder shoosies have got a little bit mucky. Since I got them though my legs have felt so good.

Hi Mathschick, Louise, Road Runner and anyone I have missed.

12/02/2013 at 16:28

Pancakes!!!!!

I've got lemon juice, sugar, syrup, sausages, bananas, ice-cream

So come line up with your plate and join us

12/02/2013 at 16:31

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee yes please Chili............

Ecky...that is fab..you will be back on track before you know it.Aw your poor new shoozies...they will clean up don't worry...I put mine through hell and they always come up shining again

12/02/2013 at 16:40

ooo all you peeps that have done sooo much runnying and i feel like ive done nuffink  

well done to you all im hooing to get out soon. miss llb is away on a sleepover soon so i am going to attempt a goodun then.

oo i have pancakey mix too chili!!

mr by eck , you are doing really v well and keep at it. did you like my shooz pics

could you ask your good lady wife when she fancies a ryn with me?

12/02/2013 at 16:48

Oooh yes please Chilli, mmmmmmm I love pancakes. I just have to think of something to give up for lent now.

Thanks Franny, I did enjoy the run and felt quite strong. I just cant wait till London now.

Loula, you will get out soon. It must be difficult to find the time lately.

12/02/2013 at 17:02

aw yes i will im sure Ecks. must be harder for you !! i only habe one child- and you do so much !

12/02/2013 at 17:47

Well, I spent over an hour cooking a couple of pints of pancake batter and they were scoffed within 5 mins!

Am now off to swim.... do you think I'll sink?

12/02/2013 at 17:53

Loula, its easier as Big Girl is 17 this year and so old enough to look after the others for an hour or so. I have been struggling lately but I need to make sure that I can get my miles in.

Chilli they must have enjoyed them.

12/02/2013 at 17:58
Eckytump-well done on your 11 miles.I will repromote my sponsorship nearer to the big day.

Llb-Hope you get out soon.

Franny-We are going to gun wharf keys in Portsmouth-lots of shops for Mrs AF-then stay down there and go out for a meal & come back Sunday pm.Then hopefully next year up to your neck of the woods.

Re training 26 miles seems such a long way from where I am at the moment-I am getting a little apprehensive.How many & how long have your runs been per marathon?
12/02/2013 at 18:15

well done everyone on all your running

boss - you will be fine, just trust the plan and don't try to do too much or you may not even get to the start line

was going to go out for a walk this evening but I got in late and am pretty tired, so I think it is an early night for me

no pancakes here so yes please chilli if there are any left

12/02/2013 at 19:03

Oh, I didn't realise it was pancake day, but I only got in half an hour ago (at 8.30pm ) and everybody else had eaten so it wouldn't have been possible anyway.

Well done on all you running and fitness stuff everybody and MC - give your arms a good rest!

Just off to put the kiddies to bed.....

12/02/2013 at 19:06

Evening

Aw Loula sis I hope you get out a run soon.

AF...I do between 2 and 5 runs over 20 miles before a marathon but think last year that was too much for me.It all depends how quickly you recover from them...no point in doing 5 long runs if you aren't recovered enough in between. This year i am only planning 2 over the 20 and possibly one of them will be 22...wil see how I feel nearer the time if i can fit a 3rd in. Just make sure you are recovered well in between your long run and speed sessions.

12/02/2013 at 19:08

Waves to Jude.....sorry didn't see you there....Hope your meeting wasn't too boring...rest up now hun

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.