Just A Little Bit Further 2013

901 to 920 of 3,637 messages
13/02/2013 at 09:59
Alistair Fitzgerald wrote (see)

Mr byeck-Well done on your run. I like your commentry!! Madonna 20 years ago- yes very nice. Still think she looked good in the hung up video. When I was runninbg yesterday the song Can Plan Pour Moi by Plastic Bertrand came on- what a great running tune! Well done on the weight loss.Can't remeber where you started from.

Plastic Bertrand...  Now there's an unusual one.  Great track, and I can see how that would be a good one.  I need to sort myself out a few running play lists of some really high tempo tracks to run to.  I have enough 90s dance music to be able to achieve that - Strike's You Sure Do for instance?

Started weigh (see what I did there...) back in 2010 at 117.5kg.  I'd got down to 89Kg when I had my knee op in August 2012, and that really hit my training schedule.  I started the year back up at 92.7 and determined to shift the weight, so as well as keeping to the 2 days a week in the gym, and actually have them as set days rather than trying to fit them in (although this week it will be three), I also got the turbo trainer out so its another 2 days on the turbo trainer.  I'm chuffed with 97.9 now.  Just over 5kg to go before target is achieved, 35kg (30%) down on where I started.  I'm already 25% down.

13/02/2013 at 10:05

And in the spirit of sharing, here's the picture that really got me going as a spotty 12 year old.  I remember it distinctly from a Madonna calendar that someone had up at school.

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Madonna-madonna-1262438_1024_768.jpg

13/02/2013 at 11:13

well done mr by eck - can't see the picture, I am guessing it is being filtered by the school system!

physio later today

13/02/2013 at 11:38

Thanks mathschick.  Quite possibly on the school filters.  For information, the picture is the early 90s one of a pretty trim and young-looking Madonna wearing panties and jewellry.  Just panties and jewellry.

13/02/2013 at 11:42
I can't see it either and I don't have filters.
We're about to order our new cooker. I am so so so excited.
In moo news, he is tucking into cod in tomato and red lentil sauce. Yum!
13/02/2013 at 11:45

I can see it perfectly.  On the computer, not in my head...

13/02/2013 at 12:33

Well done Mr Byeck

Great news about Moo!

AF - hope you have a lovely weekend (It's Miss Smidge by the way. All my four are girlies)

Have just cycled 25 miles. This week my snickers bar, water bottle and toes froze. And I'm feeling in the mood for cheese on toast so that's on the lunch menu today.

13/02/2013 at 14:53

Sorry Chilli- I should have remebered that Mr Chilli is a real ma siring just daughters!!!!!!!  Well done on your 25 mile cycle ride.

Mr byeck- I have lovely visions of that photo!! Good news about Moo.Some great weight loss there. How many stones is that? I managed to lost 5 stones from Sep 09-May 2010 and have kept it off since.

13/02/2013 at 15:01
Alistair Fitzgerald wrote (see)

Mr byeck- I have lovely visions of that photo!! Good news about Moo.Some great weight loss there. How many stones is that? I managed to lost 5 stones from Sep 09-May 2010 and have kept it off since.

Its a great one.  There are some other great ones of her out there - I actually think she looks really fit on the album art for Ray of Light, bit more mellowed and grown up.  30kg is 4.7 stone.  The full 35 will be 5.5 stone.  

To be clear, I don't expect to be 87.9 tomorrow morning, but Friday morning after my gym session then would be good.

13/02/2013 at 15:18

is this just 'the run turned madonna ' thread..or can anyone join in and talk about running

13/02/2013 at 15:19

* shimmies off in rara skirt and lace gloves singing * 'like a virgin' ...

13/02/2013 at 15:19

ok ...maybe not that one then....

13/02/2013 at 15:20

Afternoon

Sleety snow and horrible here today.Glad it was a rest day today.

Well done to all who ran/cycled today.

13/02/2013 at 15:20

personally i like 'holiday' and material girl and open your heart, and VOGUE!!

13/02/2013 at 15:21

Hi Lou sis....LOL....think she wore that cone shaped bra in that video.....

13/02/2013 at 15:24

I was jusr about to say the Holiday is one of my fave ones too....nice and upbeat

13/02/2013 at 15:24
loulabell wrote (see)

* shimmies off in rara skirt and lace gloves singing * 'like a virgin' ...

Exactly 'how' like a virgin?!

13/02/2013 at 15:39

Mmmm.  I'm not shimmying anything off in this weather. 

So after quivering weakly, looking at my TO 'plan', looking out of the window, and eating the last choclate covered peanuts, I plucked up courage and went out to do my 6 x 600m downhill sprints (but you have to get back up the hill again each time of course).  By the end of the first interval I was pretty warm, but during the last one cold white damp things fell out of the sky .  Now gratefully back inside and glad tomorrow's easy 70 mins can be on the treadie. 

13/02/2013 at 15:40

Well done Louise.  I was really quite glad that when I got out of the house a 6.50 this morning, I was heading to the gym, not off on an outside run.

13/02/2013 at 16:09

well done Louise

my by eck - running outside in the cold is good cos actually the running makes you pretty warm

well, snow here is terrible, I left school a little early (didn't have a class last period) to go to my physio appoiintment, but the roads were so bad that it was obvious I wasn't going to get there , so when I got to the turning for hone came home, the last few miles were treacherous.

so I guess I won't be going out to the pool either tonight

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.