Just A Little Bit Further 2013

81 to 100 of 3,637 messages
03/01/2013 at 11:51

Morning everyone

DJ, really hope your mum improves. And big hugs to you as you dust off your garmin and trainers. We are all here to cheer you on.

Does ice skating class as cross-training? Just had a wonderful 50mins with my girlies on an empty ice rink. Should be doing a bike ride today but am feeling very can't-be-bothered about getting my bike out.

03/01/2013 at 12:28

morning Tom - how are you? granola flapjack sounds great

03/01/2013 at 12:38

Afternoon friendies

Chili...I would say that ice skating is very good crosstraining...and fun to...glad you had a lovely time

MC...good luck with upping your cadence...I would have no idea how to..sounds too technical to me...lol..I'd probably end up falling over thinking about what I and where my ankle etc should be.

Deejay...hope your mum umproves soon and don't worry abiut the weight loss it will happen as you get back into your running routine again...good luck.

Tom...your flappyjacks sound great.

Mr Chilli..great pic of the new year runners

Jude...what a lovely pic of your gilrlie...you must be a proud proud mummy...hoe you got your marking done.

AF...hows you foot today Boss.

Helllooooooooooooo everyone else

No running for me today...I seem to have lost my get and go...can you help me find it pleez.

Byeeeeeeeeeeee for now

03/01/2013 at 12:52

franny - yeah, I have lost mine today too - I think because I slept badly though, I had intended to get up and have a run before OH went to work, but as I was awake half of the night, I decided to stay in bed and get some sleep, then the kids started arguing at 6:30. When they got up the big one managed to bash the little one's thumb with a door, cue loads of crying and screaming, no wonder I have lost my get up and go.....think it went without me.....

03/01/2013 at 13:56

There's a DVD voucher I've got that needs using: I might do a 'town to town' run for the first time in order to spend it.  It's not outside my distance comfort zone, but I usually keep runs local - this'll be the first time going on a run outside my immediate area.

Of course I could get the bus, but why do that when I can combine the trip with a run?

03/01/2013 at 14:39

that sounds like fun RR!!

right, going to make the kids some popcorn, sit them in front of a movie and do a turbo session! might liven me up a bit

03/01/2013 at 14:55

Afternoon,

DJ-Fingers crossed for you and good to here that you have weight and running goals.

Well I still have an achey achilles - I think it may be slightly strained so have been told to ice it and see how things go. Will see how things go,but, unlikey be going to running club- need to do 4.5 miles this week fro the 20 plus week No 99 so may weight until the weekend.

Speak soon. 

03/01/2013 at 15:33
MC hope the turbo session went well and that there were no more disruptions.
RR hope your town to town run went well and that you got what you wanted
AF take care if its Achilles and don't go for run too soon Look what happened to me
Well I have been for my 1st run of 2013 yay We took Chico down to the beach and I had a run along the prom where our parkrun is and did 3.30 miles Feel all the better for it
03/01/2013 at 16:36

well, feel better for having done the turbo. Don't really feel like runnng, so going to leave my run till tomorrow, have club swim later anyway. 

AF - take care of that achillies

03/01/2013 at 17:54

Yep, it was a worthwhile trip.  I found I what I wanted (Jurassic Park Trilogy Steel boxset) and because it had gone down in price, I was able to get The Eagle as well for £1 - because that had also dropped in price - the voucher itself was for £10.  Felt a bit sluggish on the run itself, but I think that was probably because I left straight after eating - note to self: that doesn't really work well.  I didn't eat much though.

It was fun though, it felt like a mini solo marathon.

I want to strengthen my legs, so am going to add a hill running session to my routine.  So it'll probably go something like: 'ordinary' run (around 5k) hill session (around 6 or 7k) and maybe a 10k to finish at the weekend.

Edit:  Well, the run might have felt a bit sluggish, but according to MapMyRun, I did it at an average pace of 05:54 (miles per minute I suppose?)  That's faster than I've gone before. 

Edited: 03/01/2013 at 18:40
03/01/2013 at 20:00
Woohoo lots of news from all you guys. Good shopping RR- love a bargain!
dJ that's really good and encouraging news abt your mum, really hoping that she improves(((((hugs))))))) and yes young man- dust off that garmin.
Boss, be careful and don't overstrain, gotta have our lead fast man fit.
Franny sis- hope you had a nice wee run- I will still be coming tonscotland with miss llb to see you
LouiseG- are you sure you are running? What you described sounds like a complicated recipe for drudgery !! No fun at all :/ !!!
03/01/2013 at 20:42

Got things a bit the wrong way round - that wasn't my fastest average, but still good pace for me.

03/01/2013 at 21:58

Evening.

Well any optimism over my mothers condition was eroded again today.The infection has not cleared much at all,and we have been told to prepare for the worst.Her condition has gone downhill very badly in the last 24 hours,and she is very weak.Thanks for all your kind thoughts and words.It really helps.Sorry to be starting the new thread off on such a downer.

I think finding time for a run this weekend will be difficult,but i'm definately going to go at some point.It may be in the middle of the night,but i'll get out there at some point.

AF,you be careful with that heel,and rest it properly.We had enough of those problems on here last year.

It is good that those who had some really horrible injuries last year,are back running again.

Just seen a cool t-shirt.It says TOWIE on the front,and THE ONLY WAY IS ENNIS on the back.

03/01/2013 at 22:05

Awww, DJ, don't fret about us. You know that here in CRAC Towers we are always supportive no matter what is happening. We are just concerned for you. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

No run or bike so will have to make do with the ice skating. Will have to try harder tomorrow. Kind of looking forward to the girls going back to school now although we've had a great Christmas holiday.

03/01/2013 at 23:43

My mum has damaged the cartiliage in her knee and now needs a stick to get around.  The physio told her the truth, that it's going to be a long and painful recovery so I guess she's just got to keep up with her exercises and keep taking the painkillers. 

Hopefully the coming days will bring better news for you, DJ. (Hugs).  We're all hoping for the best here.  

AF - take it easy!  Who knows what'll happen to CRAC Towers if you're out for a long time...

Edited: 03/01/2013 at 23:53
04/01/2013 at 05:32

LLB - not running at all at the moment (day 7).  Foot still aches in the mornings.  decided to go back onto anti-inflam, for a couple of days.  Looks like chances of even taking it easy on the marathon 25 Jan receding rapidly, it would just do too much damage.  

Enviously reading about other people's runs....

04/01/2013 at 09:04

Morning

Aw Deejay (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Don't be worrying about us that is what we are here for on here...the good ,the bad and the sad times.

Louise....I know only too well what its like not to be able to run...I hav just got bac into it after an 8 week out with achilles injury..so so frustrating.

RR..good bargain there and well done on your run.

MC...well done on your turbo and swim session...hope you got out for your run this morning.

Loula..yayyyyyyyyyyyy looking forward to you both coming up to Scotland.

AF...hows the ankle/foot today ?????

Well wee Chico is not well...he has a bit of a doggy virus ..off his food (which is not like him) just not his usual chirpy cheeky self...hope he picks up soon. Mr Franny away boat fishing today so don't think i will get out a run...will see how it goes as don't really want to leave the little chap on his own.

04/01/2013 at 09:17

Morning all

Just passing through in between doing a quote or three at work

Deejay - sorry to hear your news, don't forget we're here for good and bad.

Hello everyone else, runners, injured people etc etc

I had a short run with Liz last night, only about 7km, but she's still got a niggly knee, so trying to build fitness levels back up, and ignore the knee, and worry about it all at once it is a bit of a struggle for her at the moment. Still, we had a nice run, and a laugh so... Going to do another short run tonight, and some more when we get back to hers for the weekend, then after that I'm going to go back to training on my own more as I really need higher mileages to prep for the races I have planned. I can then do my recovery runs with her for company

What's everyone got planned for the weekend? Anyone up to anything exciting?

04/01/2013 at 09:22

morning everyone

DJ - sorry to hear your news, big (((((((hugs)))))))) from me

gosh my shoulders are really aching after the club swim last night

little boy was sick in the night, so my planned gym session is off as he won't be doing his squash session. I am hoping he is ok this afternoon as I have an appointment to get their hair cut - don't want him throwing up at the hairdressers! Hopefully I will either go to the gym or for a run when OH gets back from work

04/01/2013 at 09:55

MC...hope little boy feels better soon and that you get out for a run later.

Hiya Rocker.....don't work too hard m'lad.

81 to 100 of 3,637 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.