Just A Little Bit Further 2013

1,041 to 1,060 of 3,637 messages
19/02/2013 at 17:13

afternoon all !!

gosh lots of chat today-is it the sun making us all feel better about getting out?

sis, well done on your hilly run, the sun has beenlovely indeed.

jude , what are Acma?you are right about it being lighter in p.m. here too today its stayed light , its now 5pm and sun still hanging on.

mr by eck, the PR are a good idea, no pressure either. youve done a good start by doing tready at home as well. go for it

Boss, thts fab training, you are gonna blast the marathon whn you do it!

chili- yes it is was v chilly first thing this a.m ! car scraping ws required

Matt, aw im envious of you going out to Vietnam.thats gonna be fab! are you going to run whilst there? so glad your injury is sorted now-hope it stays that way. yes NDW is May, i did a run today but will kick trainings a**e at the weekend with a B2b.

19/02/2013 at 17:28

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/imagescaau724z.jpg?width=350

getting chilly now, ive got a nice fire going in RW...any one like a glass of wine this evening?

19/02/2013 at 18:01

hi everyone

having trouble keeping up

well done to everyone who has run

Jude - don't worry about not running, life is like that. I haven't run for ages!

19/02/2013 at 20:22

*comes in and settles on the sofa*

Mmmmmmmm nice and cosy in here. It is getting a bit "Nippy Noo Noos" out there.

19/02/2013 at 21:04

Matt - yes it is the Thames Meander. It's on a Saturday so very helpful for me!

Jude - we love hearing you share stuff with us about your life, but you don't ever need to apologise for your running or lack of it. We understand the obsticles that get in the way.

No run for me today Just couldn't fit it in with playing with girls, dinner and hubby working this eve.

well done Franny on your runs.  And everyone else who is training.

Just made a fresh batch of choc chip brownies, would anyone like some?

19/02/2013 at 21:21

yes please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19/02/2013 at 22:28

Chilli, sorry you didn't get to run. I didn't either, I was to shattered after having 3 extra kids over to sleep. Ooooh I love Choc Chip Brownies, I will have one please.

20/02/2013 at 04:16

Morning all!

Chili - I'd love a choc chip brownie for breakfast.

Pouring with rain here.  Hopefully it will rain all morning so I won't have to do playground duty.  (Last week there was that accident.)

Have a good day! xx 

20/02/2013 at 07:35

grey and chilly here jude , hope you have a safe playground duty this week!

more choc browinies please chili-nom

20/02/2013 at 09:28

Morning Jude and LLB

Same here Lou, not as nice as yesterday. 4 miles last night, it was bl00dy cold, but nice.

Chili, put me down for Thames Meander Looking forward to it already

20/02/2013 at 09:51

morning all

are there any of those brownies left? just back from a 3k swim and need some energy!!

20/02/2013 at 11:18

Morning all,

Matt-Well done on your 4 miler last night. I am doing the Brighton Marathon on 14/4- just over 7 weeks to go - I am getting scared!! Enjoy your 4 weeks in Vietnam it will be a great experience.

Jude-Funnily enough I was thinking the other day as to whether you were in the Asian or European part of Turkey. Now I know & yes we do think of you as a runner and a great CRAC colleague and friend. 

Some brownies for me please....

6.3 miles this morning so 22 for the week. Rest tomorrow and then 18 miles - fingers crossed!!

On the subject of Marathons what nutrition do people take with them to keep them going. I have SIS gels - but only take them after 10 miles. They are ok,but, hate it that they get my fingers stick (a pet hate of mine) so may take some wipes with me!! Have also got jelly babies but don't think they offer as much as gels. Any suggestions?

Well I am off to take my daughters and youngest step son to the Weald and Downland Museum which is a great open air museum of houses/farm buildings etc through the ages. Good news it's not raining.

Speak later.

20/02/2013 at 13:20

WhooHooo! Matt's going to run the Thames Meander with me!!!! *Dances around and gives everyone hugs and kisses* Am so excited and it's not until August!!

AF - dates and jaffa-cakes

In our home history project we are now up to Norman times. So have just been out looking at Norman churches and motte and bailey castles. But it's very cold so I think we are now going to have movie and paint nails. And eat choc brownies if there are any left after all the CRAC team have finished with the plate!

Hopefully I'll get a run later.

20/02/2013 at 14:08

Well, baby steps.  Had a meeting in another office today.  1.1km away, but road running in a suit.  Did it in 7.5 minutes, so average 9kph, so same speed as my treadmill running.  Am dead chuffed.

Ok, I wasn't able to set my pace properly, I hadn't worked out how to use MiCoach to do that (think I have now) so it was probably spats of 9.5kph plus a little bit of walking, but still, to be achieving that when not in proper running gear, albeit for a short time, is quite pleasing.

20/02/2013 at 14:38
I'm poorly. Can I curl up in front of the fire please?
20/02/2013 at 14:41

NO!!!! 

As much as anything, we don't have a fire, and we're not insured for our own pyromania...

20/02/2013 at 14:48
Crac towers fire Mr by eck. It is lovely and warm and cosy and so so comfortable. And if I'm really good someone will bring me a cup of tea and a hot water bottle
20/02/2013 at 14:49
And mummy by eck just ate my almond croissant. I can't get another until Tuesday.
20/02/2013 at 15:39

Boss, i used to use SIS gels and still do on ocassions but after miles n miles i get really sick of em. and i agree, they are messy. i now like GU gels, the choc one is fab and its like eating choccy pud. nom. they are a thicker consistency so you dont get messy. they may be too much on a mara (as in sickly wise) but i really like them for ultra. i find raisins work well for me too and cubes of cheese.

Chili/Matt, whn is Thames meander? i cant remember if i asked the date? id love to do it with you guys. the 25th im doing R85 and 10/11 im pacing someone else. is it scenic and off road?

20/02/2013 at 18:22

evening

boss - I think it is a really personal thing, you have to experiment to see what you get on with. jelly babies are fine, the only problem being that you might need to carry quite a few? Malt loaf is good, but a bit too chewy - makes it difficult to run when you are chewing

1,041 to 1,060 of 3,637 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.