Just A Little Bit Further 2013

1,101 to 1,120 of 3,637 messages
22/02/2013 at 19:38

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531201/gallery/1_0.jpg?width=350

....aw chili, stay in the warm livingroom at CRAC towers..hot choc, biccies and fire... 

22/02/2013 at 20:15

chili - it is a cutback week so don't worry

I'll see if I can get my walking up to the distance and make the decision based on that

22/02/2013 at 20:20

Chilli, dont worry. You will be fine. My training has not been as it should because of time and weather but we get through these things dont we .

I will add some hot buttered crumpets to the pile.

22/02/2013 at 20:56

Thanks lovely ladies Loula that fire looks wonderful and I would love some buttered crumpets.

Children all tucked up in bed so I'm off to prep for Sunday. Hope everyone has a good run tomorrow.

22/02/2013 at 20:59

*passes extra buttery crumpet to Chilli* 

22/02/2013 at 22:42
Evening all, wow busy busy in crac towers. Well done AF and Louise. MC I'd do it if you feel comfortable but personally I couldnt trust myself not to try and run it. Its great your knee is better. Franny all the best runners have skodas lol Nice choice! Well it's off to hanoi tomorrow morning for 4 weeks. Theres 10k race out there in march that i might do.
have a good weekend everyone
23/02/2013 at 08:29

morning all

just packed big boy off with the scouts wearing his thermals! 12 kids and 5 adults so they will be well looked after

Matt - my knee isn't better but I am doing what I can and trying not to make it worse, currently waiting for an appointment for an mri

off to swimming soon

23/02/2013 at 08:38
sorry mc i must have got my wires crossed. one thing thats helped me a lot is making sure i'm stretched out daily. i've started using a towel during the quad stretch as i've found tha holding my foot with the opposite hand isnt good enough.
23/02/2013 at 08:41

are you back running again now matt? I am doing a lot of biking and swimming which isn't aggravating it too much and have been mainly walking on the treadmill to build that up so that at least I can walk the run part of the triathlons I am signed up for. I would go mad and get really fat if I couldn't do any exercise at all

23/02/2013 at 08:47

Well done AF!  Your 19 miler was pretty speedy.

MC, using the half to build up stamina and stay feeling connected - I'd say go for it, I found doing stuff like that kept me motivated through injury. 

Ecky - I don't see your name on the thread for London - I am a supporter - I can be your supporter if you like http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/spring-marathon/london-marathon-2013---runners-and-supporters/237557-9.html

LLB how long is your longest pre-ultra LSR as a % of target distance?  I can't make up my mind how far to go over the next few weekends.  Help!

23/02/2013 at 09:09

moooooooooooooorning -flurries of snow here!! eek!

Louise, my longest last run depends on the length of the ultra really. im doing compton 40 at start of april so id prob aim to do 26-28 mid march...the compton 40 event im then using as my last long run before NDW50miler in May, then 2 weeks after that i have northants35 ,but thatll kinda be a recovery run lol. so in ultra we tend to use actual events as trainings runs a lot so it just becomes a rolling schedule..to do a 40mile run alonbe as a training run can be lonely and a bit dull so doing events as a training run for the next thing is a good way of having company, testing kit, conditions , getting throuhg aid stations in expected times etc.  we usually pick 1 or 2 'important ' eventd that we want to do particularly well in especially if they have been privcey to enter and then base cheaper ultras in and around them to prep for them. the really good thing about ultras is that they are quite cheap in comparison to large events. the ridgeway 85 for example is £40 entry, thats an ultra lasting 85miles and over 24 hours,fully supported with aid stations ,hot food and drink etc all the way....what more could you want!

23/02/2013 at 09:38

MOOOOOOORNING

Loula, we had a flurry yesterday but nothing much.

Thanks for that Louise, that would be brilliant. I didn't notice that thread. I will get my name on it now. I just cant wait now.

Hope everyone is okay. I am running later as waiting to get Garage door fixed so we can have a clear out. Hoping to get some stuff sold as its just sitting there gathering dust and it will go towards the car repairs as its a bit poorly. I will be doing a longer run with my friend tomorrow but still need to get my 15 miler in for this week. Only 8 weeks to go now so have to get my bum in gear.

23/02/2013 at 14:44

its snowed flurries all day here. i ran a few wee miles and it snowed whole time-my bum is frozen!!! im sat by fire defrosting now with cherrycheesecake-anyone fancy some?

23/02/2013 at 16:02

Oooh I love cheesecake, yes please Loula. I hope your Bum defrosts soon.

I have decided not to run today as got a bit bogged down with housework but im going to try and go as far as I can tomorrow and have decided to run before I meet my friend then do some miles with her and try to get up to my 16.

23/02/2013 at 17:42

yes im defrosted ecks ..been food shopping , boooring lol and got a naughty bottle of Sauvignon for later

party anyone????????? shhhh dont tell Boss.....

23/02/2013 at 18:05

gosh where did today go to? swim, shop, haircut, gym and it is 6 o'clock already

23/02/2013 at 18:07

yep i only did food shop at 5pm after running!

23/02/2013 at 20:12

Ooooh I got some Sauvignon too. We needed some change for church so good excuse to pop to the shops.

Mathschick, you have been a busy bee.

23/02/2013 at 20:59

Evening everyone

Sounds like a busy day for all.

Parkrun in the snow this morning. Loula, there were a few frozen bums in our family too! Then we found out about a nearby sports centre that had a freebie day. So we did table tennis, indoor bowling, bouncy castle, handball, nail art, threatre/dance/singing workshop and I did Jhoom! which is like zumba but bollywood style.

Then off to visit my elderly Grandad who was very keen to be taken out on a drive (he can't walk anymore) so we went round a deer park and saw stages fighting!

23/02/2013 at 21:40

Hi Chilli, well done on your parkrun. Sounds like you have had a mega busy day too. jhoom sounds interesting. I hope your Grandad enjoyed his day out too.

1,101 to 1,120 of 3,637 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.