Just A Little Bit Further 2013

1,221 to 1,240 of 3,637 messages
01/03/2013 at 04:15

Mornin'!

It's Friday! Yippee! Have a good 'un!

x

01/03/2013 at 06:53

By'eck - Forgot to say hope all goes well today. I'll be thinking of you.

01/03/2013 at 07:30

morning all !!! FRRRRRRRRRRRRRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

By eck, will be thinking of you all today, love to Moo. xx

01/03/2013 at 07:50

Mooooorning.

By Eck, will be thinking of you too.

Morning Loula and Jude.

No running for me today. I have  to find some time to fit my longest run in today. I am racing next weekend and the weekend after will be my 20 mile race.

I am going to walk round the house with Trev this weekend to get used to the weight.

01/03/2013 at 08:06
How much does Trevor weigh?
01/03/2013 at 08:23

Morning

Thinking of you and Moo today By'eck and hope all goes to plan

Ecky..a 20 miler race is a good training event for the marathon.

Hi Jude...hows you????

Chilli..hope the head feels better today...take care

Its a quiet house up here...Mr Franny went away yesterday for his fishing trip of a lifetime to Kenya...missing him loads already..he is away until next Saturday morning..typicallly when he gets back I will be working...grrrrrrr....I think this is the longest we will have been apart from each other since we got married 9which will be 22 years in April.

Well am sure Chico will keep me busy...lol and my running too...Got 4 miles planned today with erm 4 50-80m strides

Have a good Friday y'allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..catchya later

01/03/2013 at 08:33
Ecky, I'd suggest wearing a backpack and building up the weight in that for your runs, and also taken Trevor out on longer journeys so you build up time with him.
01/03/2013 at 09:32

Morning!

01/03/2013 at 09:47

He only weighs 7lb but he is huge. I need to find something that wont rub when I run with him. I will start trying with a backpack this week. I don't have long but I can always walk some of it if I have to.

Morning Franny, awwwww I bet you will miss Mr Franny. Enjoy your run today.

Morning Chilli, how are you?

01/03/2013 at 09:54

Morning again guys.

Franny - I'm fine thanks! Hoping for a run tomorrow. Probably will only be 4 miles as I'm getting out so infrequently at the mo but it's better than nothing.  That sounds an amazing trip for your hubby. Kenya is beautiful. My sister lived there for 2 years doing VSO and we visited her. Hope the time passes quickly for you. Enjoy your run.

01/03/2013 at 09:59

Good morning everyone and happy Friday!!

Jude - I'm good thanks, just glad to be back exercising! I was starting to feel unbelievably unhealthy! How are you keeping?

Thanks AF, how are you? How many miles you racked up so far this year?

Loula - Incredible stuff!! Well done! How were they?? I've just checked when i was last on, November 2011! Where does the time go! No wonder im aching so much from slow 2 mile runs!

01/03/2013 at 13:55

Afternoon, 

LLB-I am fine and looking forward to a childfree weekend. I am trying not to over do it.

Ecky- I think my training is going well. I have done in consecutive weeks 16,17 & 19 mile long runs. I too am doing a 20 mile race next sunday.That will be my longest distance. It is 4 laps of I suspect a fairly flat route.  

byeck-Hope alll goes well with Moo.

Nandy- I have just calculated that I have run 314.84 miles this year!  

Ran with one of the ladies from the club who is a good runner and is coming back form injury. We took it nice and easy and did 14.7 miles at a 9.20 minute mile pace. It was good to go at a slower pace than what I am used to as I do worry about burning out by going too fast. At least 2 of the ladies I run with are injured at the moment & as I said to the lady, I ran with today I just want to ensure that I am not the only one of my usual group running on 14/4!     

01/03/2013 at 14:43

afternoon all,

Boss , glad you are taking it carefully , dont want our speed man injured before his debut marathon! sounds like you are doing good-im sooooo excited about your mara day!

hi ecks,what day are u diing long run? i will be doing one so will think of you whn im toddling round .

nandy-really 2011?? wowee. good to have you bacl though and you will soon be back to the old routine im sure . my ultras were great thank you. the may one and ausgust were really really hot which i loved, and then the november one was damp and muddy and finished in darkness but i still had a great time and am doing all those three again this year plus a couple of others.

01/03/2013 at 17:15

hi everyone

busy day, finally getting the chance to sit down. Starting to feel a bit better now, so hoping after an early night I will be ok to go swimming tomorrow.

by eck - hope all has gone well today

I must be tired as I have read back and immediately forgotten everyone's news

ecky - would one of those baby holders do the trick for trev?

01/03/2013 at 18:36

MC-Pleased to here you are feeling better. Fingers crossed that you can go swimming tomorrow.

01/03/2013 at 19:08

Evening

MC..great that your feeling better.

AF..super run by you today..well done..enjoy child free weekend

Ecky...hope you get out with Trev soon. Yep I will miss him..am missing him.

Nandy...you will soon be back in the swing of things again.

Jude..4 miles is better than 0 miles and keeps the legs ticking over.

Hi Loula sis..you running far this weekend?

I did my 4 miles with 4/5 strides of fastn pace put in for good measure..nice and sunny Hope its like this on Sunday for The Smokies 10.

01/03/2013 at 19:12

Franny-Sounds complicated- so you are recaing on Sunday? Need to get my pom poms and mankini out!!

And yes Jude 4 miles is better than none.

01/03/2013 at 19:37

Loula, I am going to do it on Sunday. When are you doing yours?

Boss you are doing well with your training. I am a little behind but not as much as I thought.

Hi Mathschick. I thought about a baby holder but not sure if he would fit as he is quite big. I may have to try one. Glad you are feeling better.

Awwwww Franny ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))

01/03/2013 at 19:39

i think i can run both days now ecks

01/03/2013 at 19:44

Evening everyone

Lovely to read all the chat. Franny - hope you cope okay without your hubby. It does sound like an amazing trip.

Well a week of headaches, migranes and sleeplessness has definitely taken it's toll in that I'm feeling rather achy and a bit spacy. But I have just done my 10 mile run.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. March events look like this:

March

2 Franny - Arbroath Smokies 10 mile ladies race.
10? Eckytump - Fradley 10k
10 AF - Worthing 20
17? Eckytump - 20 miles somewhere
24 Franny - Grangemouth Around the houses 10k
30 Louise - Two Oceans (Cape Town) 56k

1,221 to 1,240 of 3,637 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.