Just A Little Bit Further 2013

1,281 to 1,300 of 3,637 messages
03/03/2013 at 08:57

morning everyone

go go go Franny

by eck - hope you managed some sleep last night

can't believe I slept for 10 hours! so no early morning turbo session but I think my body will thank me for it

mmmm, a pear garden, I love pears...

03/03/2013 at 10:36

Mornin' all....back in Dubai from my trip to Amman.  Didn't do as much running as I ought but did a 4 hour walk that included 30 mins each way of stairs - that's got to count.

So thats Franny and AF out today??

LLB if you like diamante everything you should spend some time in Dubai.  Bling is the thing.

03/03/2013 at 12:26

louise - 30 mins each way of stairs is tough going! Despite all my fitness, going up the 5 flights on steps in the multistory carpark always wears me out - still quicker than waiting for the lift which is why we always take the stairs there!!

03/03/2013 at 13:12

Afternoon all. Im just back from my run. I managed 16 miles, yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I even ran for 20 mins with my backpack on too. I did it in 3h so really pleased.

I wonder how our racers have got on today.

By Eck, how is our Moo today. I hope the machines didnt keep you awake too much with all the beeping.

03/03/2013 at 13:21

GO GO GO FRANNY SIS !!!!! i sent you a text hope you got it!!

louise, when are you next in uk?

Ecks!! well done thats fabby dooooo- go STAR GIRL!!!!

03/03/2013 at 13:25

Thanks Loula.

03/03/2013 at 13:28

ecky - well done

03/03/2013 at 16:01

Thanks Mathschick, I'm shattered now though . Just doing a nice roast dinner and then I will be able to rest.

03/03/2013 at 18:01

Helloooooooooooooooooooo

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.........I did my race in 1.27.07 much better than i expected as it was a hilly undulating course..Full Race report to follow later...........A PB as I have never entered a 10 mile event.  Goodybag consisted of a full bottle of wine of your choice Red/white/rosie and a nice Techy t-shirt and what fab eats at the end...lots and lots and lots of cake..all different types as well as sandwiches and rolls....Superb

03/03/2013 at 18:03

Ecky well done on your run today and a bit with Trev too..How did he enjoy it????

enjoy your roast dinn dins....i have just had steak and chips with a glass of red

03/03/2013 at 18:17

Franny - wow! well done! What a brill time. You deserve the goodies.

Ecky - well done to you too! Hope you are putting your feet up now!

03/03/2013 at 18:24

franny - well done nice to get loads of goodies, specially cake!

03/03/2013 at 18:27

Franny!  Well done!!! And cake too .  Glass of red wine the least you can do.

Ecky, well done - seriously hard work carrying the extra baggage.

MC hope you are feeling good after your luvverly sleeeeep.

LLB, my next trip is SA for the TO, then back to Dubai to pack... in London from 8 April, unpacking container.  At the RW stand supporting London Marathon at Mudchute so will see Ecky and Teddy there.

2.5 hours today, about 21k.  Actually I made it exactly 21.1k so that I could say I did a half marathon .  Back to back 2nd half tomorrow morning.

03/03/2013 at 18:33

Smokies  10 mile ladies Race

Got picked up at 8am from one of the Clubs hubby’s and arrived in good time. Perfect running conditions. Cloudy not too cold and no wind

1st stop was the toilet and then off to register .Once that was done it was a bit of a  wait until the start and more toilet visits…LOL

It wasn’t a chipped time race so 321 and a sound of the horn and we were away.

As we passed the 1st mile a lady said just 9 to go….everyone around just looked daggers at her LOL

Anyway I was going well and knew there were hills/’undulations to come so just focused on my running. As I was running along I noticed a wee sign in the hedges saying 1st hill ahead..lol  They were’nt  kidding..on and on it went until mile 4.5 where I saw a man in a bright pink  Mankini… Hmmm wonder who that could be ??????   I thought that the hills/undulations were over but alas no no no…..more signs in the hedges saying otherwise.. Ah well I thought just get on with it your feeling strong then someone from behind clipped my foot….now correct me if I’m wrong but why oh why would you run up someone’s  heels. .this happened 3 times throughout the race  twice by the same person and was not amused but just kept going careful as I went.

Marshall support was superb along the whole route…They had folk on bikes handing out jelly babies and there were plenty water stops…I declined all and just kept going was worried if I stopped I would not get going again..More signs in the hedges saying last undulation HONEST but they were kidding us…..was so funny though and new that at mile 8 surely there would be no more and there wasn’t. Was worried I would go the wrong way so kept with 2 other ladies from another club then recognised where we were and knew it wasn’t far to go..turned a corner and got directed into a muddy field..nearly slipped but didn’t.. as soon as I crossed the line Got a well done and which wine do you prefer…lol Was taken aback at 1st but not for long…LOL

Then it was into the hall for all the yummy rolls and cakes and a nice cuppa.

Result….1.27.07 Finished 116/319 and was 3rd/7th from the club and PB too boot.

Very Happy

03/03/2013 at 18:38
Edited: 03/03/2013 at 18:38
03/03/2013 at 18:45

Thank you everyone Meant to say the 1st lady home well 1st person as it was a ladies race lol did it in 61 mins.............Now that is what you call speedy..she must have been smokin ...lol

03/03/2013 at 18:47

brill report, well done Franny

blimey, hilly 10 miles in 61 mins is good for the first lady

better get sorted for going swimming soon

03/03/2013 at 18:49

Enjoy your swim MC..you feeling better now????

03/03/2013 at 19:06

yeah, loads better!

03/03/2013 at 19:21

WELL DONE FRANNY SIS!! ENJOY THE VINO!!!

1,281 to 1,300 of 3,637 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.